Kovu

Re: Kovu

Postby TheRoguePrince » March 23rd, 2011, 5:06 pm

OT: Ya, S66's GIFs are everywhere, he has made them a very popular commodity

T: As am I, SP would have been nearly unbearable if all the characters had been simplistic. Kovu is kinda made even more likable by the fact that he seems to be the only character in SP that shows any manner of evolution or depth.
TheRoguePrince

Postby Lauren » March 25th, 2011, 11:05 pm

[quote="Simba66"]@ Rogue: Brilliant brilliant BRILLIANT post. You got Kovu down to a T. Incredible post, describing every little detail of Kovu. You just said it all my friend. :nukasing:[/quote]
I argee! He said it all. :) Most of those details (about 90%) that I read are similar to my reasons for why Kovu is my 2nd favorite character. Kovu is such an amazing character who stands up to his cruel mother and the entire pride he was once apart of. His life turns upside down once he's a rogue and becomes a new part of the life that he just wanted. His title was to never be like Scar because he's not like him in any that ways you can think of.
Lauren

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby KopsTheTerminator » March 29th, 2011, 6:51 pm

I don't see how he was developed, he changed his personality in like 2 days just because he fell in love. :/ Yes, "he saw the error of Ziras ways" but why believe Kiara/Simba in the first place? His mother told him "OMFG SIMBA AND HIS FAMILY IS EVIL KILL THEM 8U" and was trained his entire life to kill them. He would need AT LEAST a month to change like that. Sad, because he's my second favourite character in SP. Man, that movie could have been so much better.
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Whitelionesseyes » April 21st, 2011, 12:20 am

I'm so grateful to Kovu and Kiara for so many, many things. :coolsmile: (500 posts, yay!) :teehee:
•·.·¯·.·•—(•÷[•·.·´¯`·.·••°¤*(¯`°(At last I see the light)°´¯)*¤°••·.·´¯`·.·•]÷•)—•·.·¯·.·•

••°¤*(¯`Image°´¯)*¤°••
<º)))><•´¯`•±‡±Sing to me the song of the stars, of your galaxies dancing and laughing and laughing again. When I feel like my home is so far sing to me of the plans for which you sent me to this Earth±‡±•´¯`•><(((º>
Whitelionesseyes
••¤(`×[¤Light Crystal¤]×´)¤••

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

•°¤*(¯`°(We Are One)°´¯)*¤°•

Nickname(s): •°¤*White, lioness, WLE*¤°•

Postby Harvs » April 25th, 2011, 3:25 pm

This character was the character who made Simba's Pride the great sequel it was. We all know Disney sequels aren't good. Most of them are total garbage (Bambi 2...) but they can be possible with a great character. Kovu was that character. He was strong, valiant, and mysterious. Strength is more than skin deep, as his heart is definitely strong enough to pull a complete 180. He is valiant for standing up to the king of the Pride Lands, as well as his mother. And a mystery, while is doesn't make a character, it is certainly enough to pull the audience into his mysterious aura. Kovu was a great character and should be seen as such. Not just another cute cub and not just a hot adult lion. No, he is more than that. He is a hero and my pick for the number one hero on my top 10 Disney heroes list.

"A film should engage, not distract. expand, not contract. Inform, not retract. Redefine, not reenact."

Credit to my awesome signature goes to Twin.
Harvs
The old Simba66

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The new HarvstootH

Nickname(s): 66, S66, Simby
Pride Points: 54

Postby TheLionQueen » May 4th, 2011, 1:25 pm

Personally, I am in love with him! He's just so cute both as a cub and as an adolescent lion... Anyways, what do you lions think?[/quote]

I totally agree Kovu is the best I love him. He united the prides made, Kiara not feel so stupid and not brave.
He is just a all around lion and I think his hole look goes together once he gets his scar it makes you pay attention to his emerald green eyes and his awesome mane.
TheLionQueen

Nickname(s): Rachel or TLQ
Pride Points: 33

Postby Moon » May 27th, 2011, 1:10 am

Kovu is defiantly the best lion in the lion king! Hes the cutest and would probably have the cutest cubies too! if he does then i want one :P Him and kiara are perfect together and again they would have cute cubbies together heheh. What do you think there cubs would look like anyway?
I do NOT accept Jesus Christ as my savior. If you are a proud Atheist, do copy and paste this into your signature.
Spoiler: show
siggys made by meh :3
Moon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Raawwwrr!! I scared you :D

Nickname(s): Erica
Pride Points: 4

Postby Misiziri » May 29th, 2011, 12:06 am

I dislike Kovu. Just do. For reasons. Reasons with words 0_o

He and Kiara's cubs would be cute though.
Misiziri

Nickname(s): La'Vie
Pride Points: 168

Postby Moon » May 29th, 2011, 4:14 pm

how could you not like kovu D:
I do NOT accept Jesus Christ as my savior. If you are a proud Atheist, do copy and paste this into your signature.
Spoiler: show
siggys made by meh :3
Moon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Raawwwrr!! I scared you :D

Nickname(s): Erica
Pride Points: 4

Postby Jiirani » May 29th, 2011, 4:17 pm

I hate Kovu >.>
Mostly because if you're trained to do something you're whole life, I seriously doubt 'love' will make you stray from that path. I mean seriously, it's just not right that one character could change from evil to good that quickly...
Aslo there's the fact that i just disliked SP.

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

PreviousNext

Return to The Characters