TLK Fan of the Month - July 2015

TLK Fan of the Month - July 2015

Postby DGFone » August 3rd, 2015, 8:10 am

What a better way to start a new month than with another round for TLK fan of the month, eh? With July still fresh in our memories, what a better time to start nominating those members who you feel were nice and active over the past month?

For the next two weeks, nominate the members who you felt proved that they are great fans of the movies over the past two months! The usual nomination rules apply:

[quote]* Each month, members will nominate up to four members who they consider active enough fans to be considered "fans of the month".

* New members can be nominated one month after their joining the forum. If it's TLK fan of the month, it won't necessarily be fair to allow one-week old members to win compared to the older members who might not necessarily have a storage box of new ideas ready to be opened upon joining MLK.

* When nominating a member, provide a reason why they are being nominated. Unfortunately, a "I nominate 'X' because they are a great TLK fan!" will not be accepted. Try to provide a link or even a reference as to why they are a fan. Also, keep references for those that are on MLK. It won't be very nice to have members be nominated for something they did off MLK. Keep it on the forum please.

*The contest renews itself after each new year. If a member won in a year, they cannot be nominated again until the next year[/quote]

You can nominate up to four members for the next two weeks.

Nominations will go on until Monday, August 17th. These members have already won and cannot be nominated again: SimbasGuard, gothprinceskiara, Adofo, Nicholas, thelionprince, and GeminiGemelo. Nominations will end on Monday, August 17th!

Hopefully we will have plenty of members nominated to vote for, right guys? Good luck!
Last edited by DGFone on August 4th, 2015, 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: TLK Fan of the Month - July 2015

Postby TheLionPrince » August 4th, 2015, 2:43 am

[quote="DGFone"]Nominations will go on until Monday, May 4th.[/quote]

May you place a more forthcoming date? I notice you have been placing that date for the recent Fan of the Month nominations thread for a while.

Elton John: Always the bridesmaid, never the bride. I nominate him for the thoughtful posts, and creating threads about the supposed death of Kovu claim, the BBC listing The Lion King as one of the best 100 films ever made, and the outrage over Cecil the Lion's killing which has a got tremendous feedback.

I will add more later.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby DGFone » August 4th, 2015, 3:03 am

[quote="TheLionPrince"]
May you place a more forthcoming date? I notice you have been placing that date for the recent Fan of the Month nominations thread for a while.
[/quote]

I THOUGHT I CHANGED IT TO THE PROPER ONE. MUST HAVE SWITCHED BACK ON ME! /rage
Okay, now I checked to make sure that the date is correct: August 17th.

Some of my nominations:

TheWhistlerify: For being a great RPer. One of the best on MLK.
GeminiGemelo: For being one of the best authors on MLK. There's a new writing contest out, you know that? ;)
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Elton John » August 4th, 2015, 3:17 am

I will nominate captain cupcake. Doesn't post very often but when he does it's usually very insightful.

And thanks tlp :D
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby S1mb4 D4 L10n » August 4th, 2015, 3:23 am

I nominate Elton John for being active and posting on a very large variety of topics, giving us his two cents on the discussion. :P
S1mb4 D4 L10n
A man of knowledge lives by

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

acting, not by thinking about acting.

Nickname(s): S4mb4, Jacket, Jnack, MLK Drama Detective :P
Pride Points: 58

Postby Gemini » August 4th, 2015, 3:28 am

^ Thank you. :P And yes, I do know; I have to say I like the new format for the prompts. I think a lot of people have wanted them changed for a while so I think these ones might go over better and get some new entrants hopefully. (EDIT: I was ninja'd but that was meant for DG. xD)

Also, just to clarify: can I actually be nominated? xD It says up in the top that I can't, but I don't think I've actually won this year. .______. (EDIT 2: I just noticed I won last month's. Wow. How perspicacious I am. xD)

Onto my own nominations now:

Julie Skywalker: And no, not just nominating because she's my friend. xD She's actually been contributing a lot to the TLKFAA recently, as well as writing a fanfic about Naanda (not sure if she's published any of it yet but I think she plans on posting it when she's done, and she's been working on it a lot lately). She's definitely doing a lot more in terms of art and writing than she has in the past months.

S1mb4 the L10n: Me and him have actually been collaborating on a TLK-themed project lately. :) Not gonna give away too much now but we will be posting it on the site at some point. In the meantime, he's been working very hard on it and has made considerable progress; he says he wants to give back to the fandom and contribute since he doesn't write or draw.

Mosiak: Fairly new I think, haven't seen her around much before these past few weeks but she's been leaving a lot of good pictures in the FAA so I thought I would bring her up.

If I can think of any more I will add them. :D
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Carl » August 5th, 2015, 10:48 pm

^ I have been posting the Naanda fic, it's got hundreds of views here. :P

I nominate Elton John for the same reasons as last time, he's been contributing a lot, has a lot to say about TLG and logics about it all instead of freaking out.

I may nominate someone else later as well, we shall see.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby TheLionPrince » August 15th, 2015, 8:59 pm

With the nominations deadline fast approaching, I nominate:

Julie Skywalker: She has been very active contributing thoughtful posts on all things Lion King, and relatively fun and active in her Q&A threads and off-topic discussions. She is still doing a good job as a moderator notifying new members of the rules of MLK and locking threads when they prove to be unnecessary.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Claws » August 17th, 2015, 6:55 am

I nominate Elton John for composing "Can You Feel The Love Tonight" being really active and posting interesting stuff about TLG and the movies.
Claws
Imitation of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Tico
Pride Points: 6

Postby Gemini » August 17th, 2015, 7:13 am

[quote="littlelionman"]I nominate Elton John for composing "Can You Feel The Love Tonight"[/quote]

LOOOL.

But seriously, though, seconded. I was thinking of nominating Elton John but I wasn't sure if we could nominate based on just thoughtful posts/on-topic discussion. I thought it had to be based on, like, fanfics/fanart or something. xD I guess it makes sense, though. If we can nominate just based on having good discussion then I'm definitely adding him to the list. :P

Feel like I'm beating a dead horse here since the guy already has like five different nominations lololol I think everyone here nominated him but me, but I don't see why such an active member shouldn't be recognized for his contributions.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King