David Oyelowo to voice Scar in The Lion Guard

David Oyelowo to voice Scar in The Lion Guard

Postby Elton John » June 21st, 2017, 4:02 pm

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/21/david-oyelo ... guard/amp/

He was mlk jr in Selma. He's a quality actor. I have faith in him.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: David Oyelowo to voice Scar in The Lion Guard

Postby Panpardus » June 21st, 2017, 5:09 pm

Suddenly got unrealistically hyped for this, if only because of the casting choice and the design of Scar's ghost. (Glad they didn't pick Keith David; we need him for the "live-action" film!) Does make me wonder how angry Kion's going to get in this episode; if blasting hyenas away from his mother wasn't enough to summon Scar (or maybe he did and we just don't know about it) what'll happen here?

Also, sidenote: Common is apparently voicing a crocodile. He's a rapper, so I'm assuming he'll have at least a part in his episode's song. Wonder if he and Beshte will have a rap battle or something.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » June 21st, 2017, 5:11 pm

Didn't keith david voice the villain in the princess and the frog? Great villain, really underappreciated.

Dr Facilier. Friends on the other side is a great song.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Panpardus » June 21st, 2017, 5:21 pm

Apparently he did. (Have yet to watch the whole film.) He's done a ton of voice acting stuff, but I only know him from some of his live action roles on TV - he always seems to be playing a shady preacher.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » June 21st, 2017, 5:26 pm

I hope this means Scar is one off. I love Scar as a villain but don't think he should be recurring. Bringing back Scar to the franchise should be special, and them hiring a legit actor to voice him shows that.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Panpardus » June 21st, 2017, 5:32 pm

Well apparently it'll be a one-off, since we media outlets are reporting "Rise of Scar" as the extended episode.
Panpardus

Postby SimbasGuard » June 22nd, 2017, 6:09 am

I know Keith David best as Goliath from Gargoyles

[quote="Panpardus"]Also, sidenote: Common is apparently voicing a crocodile. He's a rapper, so I'm assuming he'll have at least a part in his episode's song. Wonder if he and Beshte will have a rap battle or something.[/quote]

Yeah An Epic Rap Battle Of Pride Lands History :lol: Sorry couldn't resist. A rap battle could actually happen.

[quote="Panpardus"]Does make me wonder how angry Kion's going to get in this episode; if blasting hyenas away from his mother wasn't enough to summon Scar (or maybe he did and we just don't know about it) what'll happen here?[/quote]

Well when Kion did blast the hyenas away from Nala it did open a chasm in The Pride lands. Also being that The Roar hit The Outlands hard enough to ricochet back all the way from where it was fired (and then some). It could have have easily awoken Scar's Spirit.

There is also this possibility:

[quote="Carl"]I would like to discuss the fact that Zira didn't use Kion's friendship with hyenas to aliken him to Scar.[/quote]

I'm not trying to say that Jasiri will in any way be involved in this special episode, but I can't see Scar's Spirit returning and Zira not being involved somehow. I can easily believe that Zira could find some way such as the one suggested by Carl to make Kion think he is: If not going down the same path as Scar, he at least has similar personality traits to Scar. This would cause Kion to not only use The Roar In anger, but be thinking of Scar when he users it. As for how and where Zira will arrange this confrontation? I have no idea :evil:
Last edited by SimbasGuard on June 22nd, 2017, 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Solar » June 22nd, 2017, 6:40 am

Wow, he is a really good actor. I have faith in this!
Solar
He Lives In You

He Lives In Me

Nickname(s): Solar, Molly
Pride Points: 4

Postby Kallo » June 22nd, 2017, 7:57 am

[quote="Panpardus"]Well apparently it'll be a one-off, since we media outlets are reporting "Rise of Scar" as the extended episode.[/quote]

What does that have to do with Scar being a one-off villain? We already knew "The Rise of Scar" was gonna be an extended episode for ages. xD And it's impossible to say whether he'll be a one-off villain anyway, even for the current writers of the show. He could very well be brought back at some point later in the series. Show staff and their plans change during production of shows like these.

Personally I can't see how they wouldn't bring Scar back at some point, if they plan to keep the show running for a long time. Scar's character, and the event of him returning, is something that can not be topped at any point later in the series, or will be very hard to at least. So they'd be foolish to not at least leave us viewers with the hope of a possibility that he might return again at some later time. While I don't want to see Scar appear in the show very many times, one of the biggest reasons I gave it a change and kept watching in the first place, was that we might get to see Scar at some point. Scar shouldn't appear in Season 3, but there should definitely be the chance that he will at some point, because I have a hard time seeing how they're planning to keep S3 (and the rest of S2, for that matter) interesting and exciting, after Scar's already happened with no chance of returning.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby SimbasGuard » June 23rd, 2017, 4:27 pm

Not to upset anyone but to me the title The Rise of Scar would seem to indicate that he won't be a one-off. However I could see him taking more of a behind the scenes role, perhaps helping Zira to devise pots against The Lion Guard, all the while driving Zira further into madness in the process. Scar may even act on his own and try to manipulate Janja's Clan (if Janja's parents are who I think they are) into some kind of disaster. It makes sense that Scar would want revenge on the hyenas as well. Perhaps Scar could participate in brainwashing Kovu. That would make Kovu's line that Scar was part of him and Kovu fearing that there was a darkness within him even more impactful. Scar may not even show up again until the season finale. What we do know is that Scar hast to be defeated before the end of the series because his ghost is not a factor in Lion King 2.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on July 19th, 2018, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Next

Return to The Lion Guard