anything lion guard

Re: anything lion guard

Postby Elton John » January 19th, 2018, 11:59 am

yep, rotr was kinda....well, I wouldn’t say it was bad just that the average episode is a higher level of quality.

and most of the early complaints about early episodes (over reliance on mufasa and the roar) have been toned down by a noticable margin by now and the art plus animation have gotten better.

Oh and Bunga. I wouldn’t say they’ve made hima good character but they have toned him down as well.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Gemini » January 19th, 2018, 3:42 pm

I've also only watched RotR (strange that that was over two years ago now). I remember thinking that it was OK for what it was/its target audience, but probably not something I'd watch again.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby SimbasGuard » January 20th, 2018, 9:35 am

The only problem I had with Return of The Roar is that without knowing it was setting up a T.V. series, it was too short. Anyone not knowing this could easily be put off by the movie. I also feel that the show's biggest obstetrical is the fact that it is a Disney Jr. show aimed at a preschool audince. Despite the show's willingness to push the boundaries of what can be depicted in a "preschool" show. I can't deny that It has at times held back the writing. However, with where The Story-line has been permitted to go I can't help but think that: They are giving Their target audince more credit or trying to appeal to their older fanbase as well. All I can say is that the series continues to steadily improve.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on June 20th, 2018, 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Panpardus » January 20th, 2018, 9:07 pm

The premiere was bad, with a couple glimmers of decent-to-good parts. I think the worst part about it (outside of the obnoxiously preschool level of writing) was that doesn't tell a complete story, it's just the rushed formation of the Guard that all takes place in the span of one day. It doesn't really stand by itself and it wasn't marketed as a lead-in to the TV show, thus leading to the project being more of a letdown for general audiences.

I actually think the show would benefit from being told in retrospect, either by Rafiki, Kiara, or Kion himself to the next generation of the Royal Family (which means we'd get to see Kiara and Kovu's cubs that probably will never actually be created by Disney) or Makini (which would more effectively place her into the story; she feels like an add-on character at this point). It would better ground the show in the overall Lion King continuity by giving the show a clearer endpoint to work towards - since a lot of people even today still don't know that The Lion Guard is a midquel to Simba's Pride - and could better use the magical cave paintings motif as a way to bookend each episode.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbasGuard » January 21st, 2018, 9:42 am

I can understand why anyone that hasn't seen an episode of The Lion Guard that features Kiara can't figure out that The Lion Guard is a Midquel to Lion King 2, but I think doing The Lion Guard in a How I Met Your Mother Style would run the risk of boxing in the writing more than it is now. With the shows current style, we do not know exactly where they will go with Kion's story. Despite the fact that we all have suspicions (that I dare say are probably similar), The writers can still do whatever they want as long as they don't step on the pawtoes of Lion King 2. In other words they can't kill off Simba, Nala, Kiara, Kovu, Vitani, Zira...So on and so fourth. However if they wish to place Kion or any of The Guard in danger we do have to worry because we do not know for a fact that they are safe. I dare say that most of us are assuming that when Rani appears in season 3 that she will become Kion's love interest. Leaving us to assume that upon reaching adulthood Kion marries Rani and joins The Night Pride. Thus providing an explanation as to Kion's whereabouts during the 2nt part of Lion King 2. However it could also be that Kion and Rani just become close friends and establish an alliance between The Pride Lands and The Night Pride. The Lion Guard could have been assisting The Night Pride against Makucha's crew (or any other threat you care to imagine) during The 2nt part of Lion King 2 and returned afterwards. Kion could then fall in love with Vitani. ( I can hang on to this ship until Kion and Rani actual become a thing Right)?

As much as I would love to see Kovu and Kiara's cubs as well as Kion and Vitani's (O.K. now it's just getting sad). I doubt Disney will allow Simba to become a Grandfather for fear of ruining his appeal as a character. and hunting any future Lion King Blu-Ray/DVD re-release sales. There is also the question of: If Simba is now a Grandfather does he still rule The Pride Lands? If Kovu now rules than he is The Lion King and that is a drastic shift in the franchise. Yes it fits with the Circle of Life, but do they dare take the hero that started the franchise and push him that far into the background? It also raise the specter of Simba approaching the end of his journey in The Circle of Life.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on June 20th, 2018, 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » February 15th, 2018, 10:55 am

the disney tv animation twitter has teased the announcement of season 4.

while not affiliated with disney they are highly accurate.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » February 18th, 2018, 5:44 am

[quote="Elton John"]the disney tv animation twitter has teased the announcement of season 4.

while not affiliated with disney they are highly accurate.[/quote]

Then I'll take that as a glimmer of hope (while not getting my hopes up) 8-)

SimbasGuard

Postby Elton John » March 8th, 2018, 6:38 pm

Elton John
I’m with you

Postby zerodix » March 9th, 2018, 12:18 am

good news! at april 2 3 and 4 they are announced, i am very curious about these things to happen :)
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Elton John » March 9th, 2018, 3:25 pm

Elton John
I’m with you

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard