anything lion guard

Re: anything lion guard

Postby goody2shoes » June 16th, 2017, 1:02 pm

i dont really know anything about the simpsons since i don't watch it. but look at pokemon years pass in that show and ash stays 10 years old. and when cartoons lose there stuff because they did what they weren't suposed to do. they got it back later on in the same thing. like wild thornberrys. the star lost her power to talk to animals because she told about her power. but later on she got it back. and the fairly odd patrents timmy lost his fairys because he told people about them. but then got his fairys back. so if that does happen to kion he will just get his roar back. but anyways to me kion looks nice as a cub. and the other lions never stayed cubs for verry long. of corse that was because they needed them to grow up in the movie. but kion don't really need to grow up.
goody2shoes

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): simba
Pride Points: 10

Postby Squeely » June 17th, 2017, 1:09 am

I'd love to see a grown up Kion and agree it would make for loads of story potential, but I also agree with goody that it's unlikely to happen. TLG has thrown a few surprises my way in terms of maturity, but not that many. It's no Steven Universe.

But who knows, maybe down the line once TLG has had a few more seasons, they may decide to wrap it up with some sort of movie where we would at least get a glimpse of something like that. If they ever felt like a new cast with a new dynamic could make for a follow-up series, Kovu and Kiara's cubs would be the way to go. Maybe call it "Busa's Guard", to use a generic word in place of whatever the cub's name would be. It would be great to see a guard made entirely of lions, too. Kion and crew have a great and diverse dynamic, but I'd definitely be game for seeing how things work when the guard is all lions.

For the foreseeable future, though, I don't see the cast changing any time soon. I doubt execs would want to do away with marketable characters already. If MLP can milk blind bags for almost six years now, the current TLG cast has at least a good couple years left in it.

At the very least, I think we need an explanation for Kion's absence in the latter half of SP when we do hit the series finale. I'll be unsatisfied if they don't patch up that plothole. Especially since I have a hard time seeing Simba as the type to send his son away when he comes of age, like real lions do.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby SimbasGuard » June 18th, 2017, 10:45 am

[quote="Elton John"]The roar doesn't need a weakness. Kion however, has a weakness. He assumes that lions by default have good hearts. He originally assumed that Jasiri was evil just because she was a hyena. He has been challenged on preconcieved notions.

His weakness is his assumptions on what makes someone good or evil.[/quote]

Let me clarify what I meant by Zira developing tactics to combat someone who has The Roar.

No Zira will not find a weakness to The Roar.

No Zira will not find a way to match The Roar's power.

What I meant was knowing that her enemies have this weapon in their arsenal. Zira would look at it with this tactical question in mind. My enemies have this weapon, how do I work around that?

As for The Roar, let's face it. As long as he is a cub Kion needs it. If Disney permits Kion to become an Adult, (I Would LOVE to see this) his need of The Roar becomes unnecessary. However if Kion is to loose the Roar I don't want it to be a case of him being tricked or forced into using The Roar for evil. Kion wants so much to avoid being like Scar it would be heartbreaking to see him have to go down that path. I like Kallo's idea of Kion loosing The Roar to save someone, but I see it as more of a sacrificial type thing.

In a situation set after Lion King 2 Vitani (Yes I'm using her because I ship them) lies close to death having been mortally wounded when she saved Kion's life from an attack he did not see while The Pride and The Lion Guard were battling an army of (Insert enemy here) all of Rafiki's efforts to save her have been unsuccessful. The Royal Family is distraught over the fact that they will loose Vitani. None more so than Kion as he blames himself for what happened to her. Kion runs to a place where he is alone and desperately cries out to Mufasa. Mufasa appears and Kion begs him for wisdom of a cure from The Great Kings. Mufasa gently tries to explain that Vitani's journey in the Circle of Life is almost complete. Kion then screams that he would die in her place, it is his fault that she is dying, he'd give anything to save her. Seeing how crushed Kion is at Vitani's impending death Mufasa tells him that The Power of The Roar can be used to send away Death, but only once and not indefinitely. For death is part of The Circle of Life. Mufasa also tells Kion that doing this will forever burn out The Roar's Power from within him. Kion nods in understanding, he then rushes back to Pride Rock and revives Vitani without a moments hesitation. There is not one moment in Kion's life after that when he regrets sacrificing The Roar to save Vitani. Even when Kovu And Kiara choose to have only one cub. In spite of that The Roar does indeed return, when it is inherited by Kion And Vitani's 1st born cub.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Panda-chan » December 27th, 2017, 5:58 pm

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand the Lion Guard. The humour is extremely UNBUNGALIEVABLE, and without a solid grasp of preschool logic most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Kion’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from the Circle of Life, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the Lion Guard truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Bunga’s existential catchphrase “Zuka Zama,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Timon and Pumbaa's Hakuna Matata. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Ford Riley’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. :happyjasiri:

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Lion Guard tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid :coolgrin:
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby goody2shoes » December 27th, 2017, 7:23 pm

i liked how they did the christmas episode it was really good as good as the other episodes and movies.
goody2shoes

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » January 1st, 2018, 7:23 am

I enjoined the fact that they fit it into the continuity of the series so it could be accepted as canon by anyone that wants to see it as such. 8-)
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby goody2shoes » January 1st, 2018, 1:30 pm

yeah
goody2shoes

Postby Panpardus » January 3rd, 2018, 1:52 am

Ha, not exactly a fan of the dubstep remix, but full week of new episodes is pretty much confirmed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XK2Ngx8nB4I
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby goody2shoes » January 3rd, 2018, 3:14 am

what is a dubstep remix? and it will only be new till friday so its not going to be a full weak.
goody2shoes

Postby Panpardus » January 3rd, 2018, 1:49 pm

Four days with a new episode per day is enough for me to consider it a "full" week.

Dubstep is just a kind of electronic dance music (that I don't really like). The way the commercial is edited is in a dubstep remix style.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard