"Does The Lion King really need a 'Lion Guard' ?"

"Does The Lion King really need a 'Lion Guard' ?"

Postby Kion128 » September 27th, 2015, 3:09 am

I just found this entry from someone called childhoodalive on Tumblr:

"It’s interesting they want to make an official police force — made up of children no less — because if you look back at Lion King and then in the 'future' where LK 2 is set there is never any official Lion Avengers of any kind. If so, where were they when Zira got into the Pridelands? Where were they when the Pridelands were on fire? Why weren’t they watching out for invading Outlanders?

And besides, the king — with the exception of Scar and the hyenas — is usually the one who battles invaders and keeps things safe. Also, there is the fact that the ENTIRE KINGDOM kicks Kovu out in LK 2. It’s also a little humorous considering it’s mostly Kion and his badger friend in the trailer causing all the mayhem, so really the rest of the Pridelanders might want to kick *them* out.

It’s enough to make you think that The Lion Guard title is just given as kind of a condolence prize to the second-born. Besides, little children going against Zira and her pride is extremely ridiculous. Kovu would disseminate Kion in seconds.

I know, logically anyone who looks it up will know that LK 2 came out in 1998 and this is almost 20 years later, but, come on. Where were these great little defenders in the LK 2 suppose to be? Either Kion dies or moves on by the time LK 2 comes around. His friends could be in the Pridelands but it’s a little ridiculous to believe Simba can’t just get the wildebeest to run over his enemies for him or something."

What do you think?
Kion128

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: "Does The Lion King really need a 'Lion Guard' ?"

Postby Elton John » September 27th, 2015, 5:16 am

This is new lore. Maybe they will explain it better in the show? As far as my guess goes they do the work that the king can't do or is too busy to do.

As for the LK2 question, it hasn't been confirmed if this takes place in between tlk1 and sp. several voice actors have already stated it takes place after tlk2 so eh.

Also they probably don't fight against adults as cubs. Or maybe their super abilities help give them an advantage against bigger foes?

Besides, they have a hippo on their team. Those things are vicious. Steve irwin did a lot of crazy things to scary looking animals but he knew to be super careful around hippos as they are not animals you want to take lightly.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: "Does The Lion King really need a 'Lion Guard' ?"

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » September 27th, 2015, 7:06 am

Elton John pretty much said what i would have said. Tis' new lore, so i'm sure they'll explain it.
KionofTheLionGuard
I protect the Pridelands,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Family, and the Circle of Life!

Pride Points: 17

Return to The Lion Guard