Bunga: good or bad?

Re: Bunga: good or bad?

Postby Jammy » November 27th, 2015, 4:01 pm

I don't mind him. As far as comic relief characters go, Disney has had much worse. I also feel like he has some really good potential for character development throughout the series. Kion even scolded him for not taking things seriously, but in the end, Bunga stepped up and saved the day.

I don't think people who don't like him hate honey badgers? Yes, his character is true to the species, but that doesn't mean he can't be annoying. They just simply don't like the character, and there's nothing wrong with that. (And don't worry, I'm pretty sure everyone has seen that video.)
Jammy

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Jammy
Pride Points: 9

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 27th, 2015, 5:51 pm

I like bung he is just a cute happy energetic dare devil, his personality fits his animal, how else would you imagine him? I mean as an animal lover I love his fun energetic as a honey badger animal, I would not like to hang around a human kid who was like that, but as someone already said, there are kids out there who will be just like him, outgoing energetic and fun. I have warmed up to liking him. maybe the more you watch the series the more you might like him more, but I can understand those who don't, just like I don't like Timon and Pumbaa. anyway I would say Bunga would cheer me up on a bad day. but just don't do anything he would do
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SlayerOfLight » November 27th, 2015, 6:11 pm

I hate honey badgers. Especially ones that are stupid and have annoying voices.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby zerodix » November 27th, 2015, 6:27 pm

i love that zuka zama song and he is kinda adorable. but that overly using of catchphrases kills his personality. nevertheless i prefer lion characters more. and i love the fact that we finally have 2 lioness gals in the series now.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbaPrescott » November 27th, 2015, 8:00 pm

Personally, I like him. I can understand why people wouldn't, and in some ways, I'm kinda surprised that I don't find him completely annoying since this type of character usually bugs me :P
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby KiovuLove » November 27th, 2015, 11:42 pm

He's not awful to me, but I hated his song. It was wayyyyyy too repetitive. I actually like repetitiveness sometimes too lol I understand this is a kids show, but OH MY GOD. I watched it a second time, I muted "Zuka Zama"
But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

KiovuLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I laugh in the face of danger!

Nickname(s): Pandi, Jess
Pride Points: 13

Postby Jiirani » November 27th, 2015, 11:52 pm

I have nothing against Bunga, I think he's an alright character. Kids will probably like him more. The zuka zama catchphrase got old and overused really fast (I feel like the creators were trying to make something as iconic as hakuna matata and it's falling flat but maybe kids will like it idk) but that's not really exactly his fault. Just odd writing

tumblr | TLK blog | art by shyre
Jiirani
Hopeless Wanderer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Restoring light to the lighthouse

Nickname(s): Eli, Jii, Lion
Pride Points: 62

Postby Shawry111 » November 27th, 2015, 11:59 pm

I don't like Bunga at all but he appeals to kids where some of the other characters seem a bit more mature. You do need that one annoying character in every kids show. So I will put up for him for now
Signature made by Julie Skywalker, thank you so much!

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - Albus Dumbledore
Shawry111
"Pinned ya again!"

Danger? I laugh in the face of danger, ha ha ha ha

Nickname(s): Shawry
Pride Points: 4

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 28th, 2015, 4:30 am

Everyone I found this Quote regarding Bunga and why

[quote]“Honey Badger don’t care”

While his older sister Kiara is being groomed as a future queen (a path explored in the 1998 straight-to-video movie “The Lion King II”) Kion is getting into trouble with his pal Bunga, a honey badger. The famously gnarly predator species was on Riley’s mind because it was the nickname of a football player, Tyrann Mathieu, then playing for Louisiana State University. Naturally, the producer’s research also led him to the viral video featuring a snarky narrator’s commentary about the animal’s badass ways. “Anyone familiar with that video will know what to expect from our honey badger Bunga,” Riley says.[/quote]

its from this article
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2015/11/ ... ion-guard/
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SlayerOfLight » November 28th, 2015, 11:24 am

“Honey Badger don’t care”

Neither do I :)
SlayerOfLight

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard