Beware The Zimwi

Beware The Zimwi

Postby Thebungaguard » October 7th, 2016, 5:08 pm

I think it's on now on Disney Junior . I hope it's a good episode
Thebungaguard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Lady Scar-scar , Bungalicious , Fuli Girl
Pride Points: 1

Re: Beware The Zimwi

Postby zerodix » October 11th, 2016, 1:42 pm

i saw a preview. they have a porcupine twin and a baby rhino in this ep. when it airs?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Thebungaguard » October 11th, 2016, 6:48 pm

Well , It already have aired here in the UK , but in the US it is airing Friday 14th October
Thebungaguard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Lady Scar-scar , Bungalicious , Fuli Girl
Pride Points: 1

Postby Panpardus » October 14th, 2016, 3:50 pm

I was a bit worried about having a Halloween-themed episode -- though this generally applies to any Western holiday -- in part just because I've never been keen on the holiday (I always thought it was kinda pointless), but also because this is still a story set in Africa, which is literally the last continent to be celebrating Halloween. (It's actually a very new phenomenon in the few countries it's currently being exported to -- for reference, Valentine's Day wasn't really a thing across much of the continent until the '90s -- like Ghana, and there's been a lot of pushback against it, the criticism being Why are you so open to embracing [often commercialized] Western traditions at the expense of your own?.)

That said, I just watched the episode; it was pretty harmless and the storyline was self-contained. I liked the fact that the entire episode was at night -- although every time we've seen a nighttime shot of the Pride Lands in this show, it's always been a full moon -- and the visual aesthetic of Rafiki's musical number was cool; it reminded me of "spooky" Caribbean stories like the jumbee. The song itself, while mildly catchy (and I do mean mildly), I found pretty meh; I've noticed that Beau Black only seems to have one rhythmic motif for his "scary" songs for this show, which is a bit of a letdown. (I'm still waiting for an Afrobeat/kwaito-based tune.) On the other hand, Christopher Willis continues to do a great job with the underscore; nothing really new from him here, it's just nice to hear how many variations of his "Call of the Guard" themes he's come up with so far. (I'd actually pay for an album of his work on this show.) Other than that, nothing really stood out to me about this episode; it was decent but not too compelling either way. I guess this'll have to tide us all over until the big one next month...
Panpardus

Pride Points: 51

Postby KionIsGay » October 15th, 2016, 5:11 am

Yeah I've never been a big fan of these sorts of episodes. But it was fine.
KionIsGay

Pride Points: 0

Postby gothprincesskiara » October 15th, 2016, 5:27 am

um so its Friday the 14th and it still didn't happen, im getting really annoyed with it showing Repeat-Beware of the Zimwi, and it still doesn't show in my future recording scheduled
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby zerodix » October 15th, 2016, 2:19 pm

woah, that zimwi freaked me out! i liked the song, though. not the best ep, not the worst.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Gaze » October 30th, 2016, 2:45 am

just watched this one recently. entertaining but not a huge standout! I liked the nighttime setting and I always like to see Rafiki.

the bit about this episode that I think was most important was Beshte's goal to become a member of the Bellow Fellows. not only was that super cute and funny, but I also was so glad to see a member of the Guard actually....yknow....having a life outside the Guard. I just really want to see more of these characters having outside hobbies and interests, having fun, being kids.....things like that.
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Postby PridelandsPhantom » October 31st, 2016, 5:09 am

I saw this one when it first aired and I actually liked it. I like seeing Kion being afraid because he is a young cub after all. I got annoyed at Bunga telling the other animals that the Zimwi was out and about when they weren't scared to begin with! Why didn't Kion have the rest of the guard go to Pride Rock or his parents come get him? I figured out it was two porcupines stuck together and overall a cute little episode, not the worst for sure.
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby Squeely » November 15th, 2016, 2:26 am

Hmm guess I never posted about this episode. It's pretty much what I expected from a TLG Halloween episode - a spookier setting and creepy stuff going on without outright being called Halloween. Because it would be weird and probably a little insensitive to have them celebrating Halloween in a place that doesn't really celebrate it. Always great to spend more time with Rafiki, and Beshte's bellowing was cute.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Next

Return to The Lion Guard