Has anyone been given flack for watching TLG?

Has anyone been given flack for watching TLG?

Postby mewtwo » November 19th, 2016, 6:09 am

So my friends don't understand why I watch The Lion Guard. They give me flack for it in a fun way nothing mean but just fun teasing and such. Wondering if this has happened to you guys? it is funny they are more ok with me watching My Little Pony cause they have meet other bronies. But they see a 27 year old watching The Lion Guard as weird.
mewtwo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Has anyone been given flack for watching TLG?

Postby SimbasGuard » November 19th, 2016, 9:24 am

I am of the mindset that you are never too old for something that you enjoy. I am 40 years old and I absolutely adore The Lion Guard. No one has given me flack for it, My friends and family know me and are understanding of what I like. If they weren't that would be their problem. Basically I am an adult and I will watch whatever I want. If the show I want to watch is intended for preschoolers that is just the way it is.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » November 19th, 2016, 9:57 am

The only people I have told about it are ones who know and embrace my tlk obsession, so no.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 19th, 2016, 5:39 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]I am of the mindset that you are never too old for something that you enjoy. I am 40 years old and I absolutely adore The Lion Guard. No one has given me flack for it, My friends and family know me and are understanding of what I like. If they weren't that would be their problem. Basically I am an adult and I will watch whatever I want. If the show I want to watch is intended for preschoolers that is just the way it is.[/quote]

Thank you, I think alot of us need reminding of this, and Im even not afraid to were my lion guard stuff around my college campus, I try so hard not to feel weird I try to where it with pride and a smile on my face, I like to show it off to spread awareness of it around to hope help it become more popular, and there is proof of that already happening, I really want it to end up like my little pony, cause my little pony was meant for kids, but it accidentally grew on teens and young adults, thats my hope and wish for TLG.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby PrincessKiara » November 20th, 2016, 10:41 pm

Flack?

I`m 30, and I love to watch The Lion Guard. My friends and family are all aware that I adore Disney, so it doesn`t matter to them that I watch a show that is technically targeted towards children. Hell, I love to watch Sofia The First too. :lol:
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby it means no worries » November 21st, 2016, 12:37 am

Why should you care if someone else thinks it's odd? If you like it then watch it, and if you dont then dont.
it means no worries

Pride Points: 63

Postby gothprincesskiara » November 21st, 2016, 3:02 am

I watch that show too, and Alana of Avilor
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Squeely » November 21st, 2016, 10:30 am

Most of the people who know me either don't know, or don't care. My partner Riley watches TLG with me. I'm 26 and not afraid to admit I enjoy it; it's interesting to see where the writers go with the lore and canon. TLG has plenty of shortcomings, sure, but it's fun.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Shadowfax » November 21st, 2016, 10:42 am

I don't see anything weird about it. You're watching a series which is a spin off of one of your favourite movies as a kid. I myself didn't actually watch The Lion Guard till mid way through this year when my daughter actually started paying attention to the TV for short periods of time. This is a show I do enjoy watching with her and I'm 28.

Addmitedly, if I didn't have her, I probably wouldn't have bothered with it as I wasn't a big lover of Simba's pride and at first glance, I didn't think much of it. But as a show for kids, I think it's great and I can totally understand why older fans of TLK would enjoy it :)

TLDR: Don't listen to people who make comments :)
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Gaze » November 21st, 2016, 7:10 pm

nah, I prefer to surround myself w/ people who aren't fazed by how many of my interests are meant for children and/or are directly related to my being a huge furry, lmao. my gf, who isn't a TLK fan, even watches every TLG episode with me and is often the one to suggest that we watch it (~:
Gaze
TLK collector

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

and bad poster

Pride Points: 26

Next

Return to The Lion Guard