Simba's voice actor

Re: Simba's voice actor

Postby Ninclow » August 8th, 2017, 6:42 pm

Well, if you listen closely on Kion during the Rise of Scar, Max Charles sounds as if he's about to enter the voice change, so maybe they're going to replace him in a year or age up the characters or something.
Ninclow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby SimbasGuard » August 9th, 2017, 2:10 am

[quote="Ninclow"]Well, if you listen closely on Kion during the Rise of Scar, Max Charles sounds as if he's about to enter the voice change, so maybe they're going to replace him in a year or age up the characters or something.[/quote]

I'll have to listen closer The next time I see The Rise of Scar, but with the age Kion is at they might not have to changer actors at all being that they are acknowledging the passage of time. Kion's voice deepening could be acceptable. There is also the slim possibility that Kion could be somewhat aged up in season 3.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Aelwen » August 9th, 2017, 8:24 pm

[quote]Kion's voice deepening could be acceptable. There is also the slim possibility that Kion could be somewhat aged up in season 3.[/quote]
They will have to change models for all guardians and Kiara to show their aging and I doubt they'll do it. Too expensive to toddler show.
Aelwen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Ninclow » August 10th, 2017, 3:28 pm

Or they could only change the ones of Kion and later Bunga, and Ono can go like:

"Well, different animals grow at different rates depending on what kind of animal they are and their life expectancy. Common knowledge, really."
Ninclow

Pride Points: 2

Postby Panpardus » August 10th, 2017, 7:31 pm

I mean, Kion and maybe Bunga are really the only ones who would go through any further noticeable changes if they were to age up Kion and Kiara into young adulthood. Beshte, Fuli, and Ono already look like young adults, even if they act younger than they actually are.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Aelwen » August 12th, 2017, 8:05 pm

Am I the one who thinks that TLG's Simba is a bit OOC? I mean he's a bit too calm and rational compared to the very strict, qucik to anger and distrustful SP's Simba? This Simba hardly ever really raises his voice, even in the last episode. He's much better at keeping his temper, IMO.
Last edited by Aelwen on August 13th, 2017, 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aelwen

Postby Kallo » August 13th, 2017, 2:08 pm

I agree. Simba in TLK2 is represented as still a fairly young king. If we're talking in human-time, then maybe a few years into his reign. However, in TLG he seems way older and past that. He seems almost Mufasa's age.

Then again, in TLK2 we did only see Simba in more personal situations with his family, and never really saw how he acted as a king with the rest of the Pridelanders, in more royal situations. Still, even with just Kion or Kiara, he doesn't really act like I envision Simba to be. However, that does open up the interesting theory that since throughout TLK2 Simba struggles with "not trying to be like and live up to Mufasa", then maybe at this point in his life he was still even more so trying to be like his father.
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

Postby Aelwen » August 13th, 2017, 3:24 pm

If TLK lions age like humans then SP Simba is suppoыed to have been a king a year or so in the beginning and around 16-18 years in the second part. TLG's Simba has alreaвy been a king around 10 years judging by his cubs age.

Well, if they age like real lions then TLG's Simba has ruled for a year roughly.
Last edited by Aelwen on August 14th, 2017, 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aelwen

Postby Kallo » August 13th, 2017, 8:58 pm

TLK2 in itself is pretty weird, cause Simba doesn't really seem to age at all during what is supposedly 15-18 years. Neither does Zira, or really any other character apart from Kiara, Kovu and Vitani. Even Nuka stays the exact same. In the original Lion King, every character felt older towards the end of the film. But going by TLK2, if we were to transfer their growing to human years, it's like they grow from cubs to teenagers in like a year or two, but after that they age like in normal human years. Meaning that Simba probably ruled for a few years (from, say, age 20 to 23) before having Kiara, after which around another 2 years passed until Kiara had reached about age 14 or so. Then probably some more years passed during which Kiara would've turned about 15-18. So Simba at the start of TLK2 would've been about 23, and at the end somewhere between 26-30. While Kiara at the start would've been around 7, but at the end about 15-18. I dunno, it's all very confusing, but that's the way I always imagined it.
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

Postby Panpardus » August 14th, 2017, 5:56 am

^This is why I generally find it easier to actually measure their ages according to real lion biology. Lions most noticeably grow during their first three years of life, after which their growth becomes less noticeable for several years throughout their adulthood until they reach about 10 or so at the onset of old age, so most of the non-cub characters not noticeably aging throughout the films whilst the cubs shoot through childhood to adolescence makes sense according to this model, and I'm pretty sure that how Disney intended on doing it in the first place.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard