season 2: what we know yet

Re: season 2: what we know yet

Postby Squeely » July 7th, 2017, 1:53 pm

[quote="Elton John"]I hope the songs are better. The first half of s1 had a few decent songs but the second half was mostly filler songs.[/quote]
Agreed. It really feels like they ran out of steam fast having to do a song every episode. I hope they at least don't feel disjointed. "Stand up, stand out" ...except Ono didn't want to be bald. That one was just confusing.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Panpardus » July 7th, 2017, 11:33 pm

I haven't seen either new episode yet, just the musical numbers. So far they're pretty standard decent Lion Guard songs, so at least Season 2 isn't off to a weak start in that regard. (There's a pretty bad animation glitch in one of them though...)
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » July 8th, 2017, 8:11 am

Season 3 is now up for purchase on american itunes (or at least the first half of it is)
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TTB-Kun » July 17th, 2017, 2:44 pm

did you read the plot for the episode right after the rise of scar?

Let the sleeping crocs lie
After the Lion Guard accidentally wakes a group of hibernating crocodiles who become furious that they now have to suffer through the dry season in the Savanna, Scar seizes the opportunity to wreak havoc in the Pride Lands.

Scar is gonna be prominent in the series after the rise of scar! exiting but a little worried about that, i hope it will not become overused
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby JackStover » July 17th, 2017, 4:19 pm

[quote="TTB-Kun"]Scar is gonna be prominent in the series after the rise of scar! exiting but a little worried about that, i hope it will not become overused[/quote]
I haven't seen that description, but I think the important thing to take out of this is genuine continuity. The dry season was already referenced, and Makuu was even at the summit to work out a place for his crocodiles to sleep. That episode continues with the dry season and has those crocodiles get woken up.

I honestly can't recall season one having much in the way of continuity. Very little plot points carried over. Even when characters showed up again, it wasn't quite the same thing. I feel like continuity is a Very Big Deal™ and will help this show greatly going forward.
JackStover

Pride Points: 17

Postby TTB-Kun » July 17th, 2017, 6:46 pm

[quote="JackStover"][quote="TTB-Kun"]Scar is gonna be prominent in the series after the rise of scar! exiting but a little worried about that, i hope it will not become overused[/quote]
I haven't seen that description, but I think the important thing to take out of this is genuine continuity. The dry season was already referenced, and Makuu was even at the summit to work out a place for his crocodiles to sleep. That episode continues with the dry season and has those crocodiles get woken up.

I honestly can't recall season one having much in the way of continuity. Very little plot points carried over. Even when characters showed up again, it wasn't quite the same thing. I feel like continuity is a Very Big Deal™ and will help this show greatly going forward.[/quote]
True, even in the babos episode they talked about dry season, nice catch
TTB-Kun

Pride Points: 11

Postby zerodix » August 20th, 2017, 9:49 am

new episode titles ans synopses are on the lion guard wiki now! we get nothing untill 15 septembre, then we get 3 episodes (1 each week)
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » August 24th, 2017, 5:31 am

I am particularly looking forward the episode Rescue In The Outlands. I hope it would involve the outsiders (Especially Vitani), but It makes more sense that that episode will get us our first Season 2 look at Jasiri (and likely her clan).
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby JackStover » August 29th, 2017, 3:53 am

There are a lot of blogs written by moms and dads, and networks often form partnerships with these blogs in order to promote products and shows. One of them had a sponsored blog about The Lion Guard where they made some sort of ice-cream candy, but more to the point, they posted a lengthy synopsis of the next episode, "Swept Away".

[quote]With Beshte alone in the Outlands, Scar uses the opportunity to attack the Lion Guard’s strongest member.

When Kion tries to bring water to the Pride Lands by using the Roar on a lone rain cloud, he causes an unexpected flash flood. The flood is so powerful it actually knocks over Beshte and he’s swept away – all the way out into the Outlands! Kion is horrified that his actions caused this, and is determined to rescue his friend. In the Outlands, Beshte is okay, but must take shelter under ledges to avoid a serious sunburn from the harsh dry season sun. Under the ledges, Beshte meets the duplicitoius Skinks. Under the direction of Scar, the Skinks lead Beshte into a trap. Meanwhile, with Ono unable to spot Beshte from the sky, Kion and the rest of the Guard head into the Outlands to find Beshte.[/quote]
JackStover

Pride Points: 17

Postby Panpardus » August 29th, 2017, 1:46 pm

I was wondering whether they'd address that little side-feature of the Roar; good to see they will (and will probably eliminate the idea from Kion's mind), though I wonder if we'll get to see whether Kion ends up having to tell Simba about his encounter with Zira, who gave him the idea in the first place.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard