the savannah summit (episode 2 season 2)

Re: the savannah summit (episode 2 season 2)

Postby Squeely » July 10th, 2017, 8:37 am

^Agreed, this episode redeemed Makuu for me. Granted, I liked him before and he was a good antagonist, and may not fully change. But it gave him a lot of depth to see him taking his role as leader seriously. I'd imagine he may not much care for the obligations of leading his float, and only took on the position because he was young and power-hungry. He still humbled himself a little and stepped up to the plate, though. Which paints him as more morally gray than most kids' shows villains are.

If he does stop being antagonistic, that'll be fine with me. Scar's on the way, Zira's still a possibility, and there's plenty of room for new antagonists.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Elton John » July 10th, 2017, 9:53 am

Not to mention that one leopard character. What was his name?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Solar » July 11th, 2017, 4:09 am

[quote="Elton John"]Not to mention that one leopard character. What was his name?[/quote]

Mapigano! I would LOVE to see him or Badili come back they were probably my minor characters from a single episode :superexcited2:
Solar
He Lives In You

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He Lives In Me

Nickname(s): Solar, Molly
Pride Points: 4

Postby SimbasGuard » July 11th, 2017, 8:03 am

[quote="Solar"][quote="Elton John"]Not to mention that one leopard character. What was his name?[/quote]

Mapigano! I would LOVE to see him or Badili come back they were probably my minor characters from a single episode :superexcited2:[/quote]

I think Elton John might also have been referring to Makucha:

http://lionguard.wikia.com/wiki/Makucha

As for why Nala and Kiara were not in this episode I think it could be due to the events of Never Roar Again. Simba is willing to put his personal feelings aside and put his best diplomatic face on to do what is best for The Pride Lands, but he does not wish to place his wife and daughter at risk while he does this.

While I am usually just fine when Mufasa does not show up, in this case Kion's bitter history with Makuu. Most likely burning harder than normal due to the events of Never Roar Again. Prevented Kion from looking at the situation from all angles as he usually does. Simba could have been the one to point this out to Kion, but in the interest of being diplomatic. Simba didn't want to risk offending someone he was trying to work with. (I know of a certain real life leader of another country, that could learn something from Simba.) In this case I think Mufasa was actually needed.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Squeely » July 11th, 2017, 2:58 pm

The other villains strike me as unlikely to reappear often, if at all (obvious exception of the jackals and hyenas of course). TLG is a character-of-the-week kind of show more often than not. Sure, anything's possible, but I'd expect a handful of new villains for season 2.

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Postby Panpardus » July 12th, 2017, 2:56 am

^Agreed; Makucha is probably destined to be a one-off character forever.

[quote="SimbasGuard"][quote="Solar"][quote="Elton John"]Not to mention that one leopard character. What was his name?[/quote]

Mapigano! I would LOVE to see him or Badili come back they were probably my minor characters from a single episode :superexcited2:[/quote]

I think Elton John might also have been referring to Makucha:

http://lionguard.wikia.com/wiki/Makucha

As for why Nala and Kiara were not in this episode I think it could be due to the events of Never Roar Again. Simba is willing to put his personal feelings aside and put his best diplomatic face on to do what is best for The Pride Lands, but he does not wish to place his wife and daughter at risk while he does this.

While I am usually just fine when Mufasa does not show up, in this case Kion's bitter history with Makuu. Most likely burning harder than normal due to the events of Never Roar Again. Prevented Kion from looking at the situation from all angles as he usually does. Simba could have been the one to point this out to Kion, but in the interest of being diplomatic. Simba didn't want to risk offending someone he was trying to work with. (I know of a certain real life leader of another country, that could learn something from Simba.) In this case I think Mufasa was actually needed.[/quote]

I guess that makes sense on both fronts. I do still think it would've been more effective if it had just been Simba who straightened Kion out; would've been a good character building moment for him and added a lot to the father-son interactions that we get too little of. That and I still think Twiga and Veruga Veruga more than deserved a comeuppance of some sort; when was the last time the antagonists of anything Lion King were herbivores? Clearly it wasn't just Kion who needed a lesson in-good-faith diplomacy.

(And I'd still love to hear those hunting negotiations!)
Last edited by Panpardus on July 12th, 2017, 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Squeely » July 12th, 2017, 4:35 am

I too wish Simba or Nala gave Kion advice rather than Mufasa. We could really use more parental bonding moments.

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby zerodix » July 12th, 2017, 6:20 am

i appreciate the message of working together with your foes to reach shared goals.. but trusting an enemie is not a smart thing to do.. because there is a reason they are enemies. that os a thing important too, of you wanna teach kids.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Squeely » July 13th, 2017, 1:23 pm

^True. But giving an enemy a chance and not jumping to conclusions can be wise, too. Provided the situation lends itself to them being worthy of your trust.

Squeely

Sassy cub

Postby SimbasGuard » July 14th, 2017, 8:53 am

[quote="Squeely"]I'd expect a handful of new villains for season 2.[/quote]

Well we know about Kenge:

http://lionguard.wikia.com/wiki/Kenge

and I doubt he will be the only new villain so you are most likely right about that.

[quote="Panpardus"]I do still think it would've been more effective if it had just been Simba who straightened Kion out; would've been a good character building moment for him and added a lot to the father-son interactions that we get too little of.[/quote]

[quote="Squeely"]I too wish Simba or Nala gave Kion advice rather than Mufasa. We could really use more parental bonding moments.[/quote]

Well Kevin Schon also said that this season would be more heartfelt and loving so there will likely be plenty of opportunities for that 8-) :smilekion:

[quote="Panpardus"]That and I still think Twiga and Veruga Veruga more than deserved a comeuppance of some sort; when was the last time the antagonists of anything Lion King were herbivores? Clearly it wasn't just Kion who needed a lesson in-good-faith diplomacy.[/quote]

If Makuu had not been impressed by Twiga and Veruga Veruga's attempt at chicanery. Perhaps there would have been some type of Punishment. However there trick actually solved the problems hampering The Summit.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard