"Ono and the Egg" Season 2 Ep. 4

Re: "Ono and the Egg" Season 2 Ep. 4

Postby Squeely » July 28th, 2017, 9:03 pm

I'm not sure whether Bunga's use of spray was meant to be a joke. Sure, he addressed using it in a lighthearted manner, but it's well within Bunga's character to do so. Remember, Bunga is a honey badger. They're a relative of the skunk, and also share the stink-spray ability. So really, that is a tool Bunga has access to. This fact alone made me no longer bothered by the "fart jokes". Although, the show never explained this, and the fart sound effect is unneeded when Bunga sprays. At least, I've never heard a sound when a skunk has sprayed, though I've always kept distance between us when they have.

This episode was fun, and like others have said, we got good moments from everyone. I like that it veered towards the classic "baby keeps putting itself in danger's way but guardian saves it while getting hurt in the process" gag for a bit. Poor Ono, lmao. But it just proves he'll do his best to protect someone <3

Definitely awkward that Cam Clarke voices Mwoga when really, they should have had him reprise his role as Simba. I guess they wanted Lowe for the star power, which is a dumb decision imo. Lowe is an alright Simba, but sounds way different from the voice we're used to. I'd understand if Cam wasn't available to work on the show, but he is, so it's odd.

Edit: One last thought I had, the bit with rain wasn't illogical. Even if the dry season has technically started, rain would still be within the realm of possibility. Much like how it starts to feel summery once June hits, but can still have some rain. Rain in June is rare here in California (which shares a somewhat similar climate to that part of Africa) but can still happen.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Re: "Ono and the Egg" Season 2 Ep. 4

Postby SimbasGuard » August 4th, 2017, 8:12 pm

[quote="Squeely"]Definitely awkward that Cam Clarke voices Mwoga when really, they should have had him reprise his role as Simba. I guess they wanted Lowe for the star power, which is a dumb decision imo. Lowe is an alright Simba, but sounds way different from the voice we're used to. I'd understand if Cam wasn't available to work on the show, but he is, so it's odd.[/quote]

I agree with that and even though I have said this before I think they cast Cam Clarke as Mwoga partly so that he would be readily available in case Rob Lowe did not want to come back as Simba.

As for the episode I think it was the best OnoCentric episode so far. It was much more exciting than I had expected.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard