The Rise of Scar (spoilers)

Re: The Rise of Scar (spoilers)

Postby Elton John » July 30th, 2017, 3:08 am

You just stated far more eloquently why the opening song was bloody good.

Because it was really bloody good.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby gothprincesskiara » July 30th, 2017, 4:56 am

Ok I had to watch it again for a second round opinion, I had to really listen this to look for some stuff that I was confused on.

Note-there is the reason why Rafiki, Kion and the Pride keep the communication with the great kings of the past within the Pride, other wise the rest of the animals would not leave them alone, a secret only within the pride.

I guess Mjuzi means both adviser and Knowledge keeper all in one right?

What I missed at the end was when Rafiki said what matters is what hands are holding the, and after watching the hyena attack I realize now that Makini had her staff knocked out from her and she didnt realize or see the hyenas take it, she completely forgot about it and later on realized she lost her staff, I guess that can be understandable, she is not used to having her staff for very long, and she sisnt realize that the hyenas took it so, that means Kion and the rest dont realize that the badies have the staff and used it to summon Scar.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby escobea1 » July 30th, 2017, 6:21 am

Yes, I think Makini needed to hear her calling from a stick chosen by the Great Kings since only the Royal family and Shamans could listen to them.
escobea1

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Squeely » July 30th, 2017, 6:40 am

I didn't have a problem with the way Rafiki reacted to Makini losing her staff. Both the fact that they can talk to past kings, and how to do it, are kept secret. Rafiki had no reason to suspect anyone would steal the staff and be able to use it. And quite frankly, his reaction also make me like him more because he doesn't make Makini feel worse about making a mistake. My mom has a tendency to do that and all it does is drive my anxiety through the roof. I lost my keys once, accidentally threw them in the trash forgetting they were in the bag I threw away (at 3am after being out all night so I was quite tired). My mom got really mad at me, acting like I'm horribly irresponsible despite the fact that I had kept track of my keys for years. So now, I tend to explode into an anxiety-fueled meltdown if I'm really having trouble tracking down my keys, not even out of any worry over someone using them to get into our house, but out of worry of my mother yelling at and insulting me over it. I'm not saying the staff isn't important, but stressing out over what happens if someone makes a mistake only worsens the situation for someone who already feels bad about themselves for messing up.

Anywho, this episode was great! It's interesting that Janja said Scar died in the fire, rather than at the hands of fellow hyenas. Maybe it's because propaganda is on my mind as of late, but I wonder if this is what the surviving hyenas told everyone to absolve hyenas of guilt, and I wonder if the Outlanders even know that Scar died because hyenas attacked him. I don't think the hyenas were wrong in killing Scar, but I can see where it would be politically favorable to make it sound like hyenas played little part in Scar's death. Imagine if a minority group killed a president. No matter how justified it may have been, their enemies now have something to constantly use against them. I can practically hear the talkshow hosts of the animal version of Fox News: "The hyenas killed their leader and now they want to come back into the Pridelands?" "Hyenas are dangerous, let's not forget they killed a powerful lion" and so on and so forth. I doubt TLG will ever get quite this deep, but I thought it was interesting nonetheless.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Aelwen » July 30th, 2017, 4:11 pm

The thing I don't like: Kiara is constantly sown as helpless and useless. She absolutely cannot fight, even push the hyena away or scratch one. She constantly needs TLG to save her. I see why al otof people ask why she should be the future ruler and not Kion. He's brave and a good leader.. She...? Not at all.
Aelwen

Pride Points: 1

Postby Ninclow » July 30th, 2017, 5:47 pm

Where can I watch the episode?
Ninclow

Pride Points: 2

Postby TTB-Kun » July 30th, 2017, 6:05 pm

[quote="Ninclow"]Where can I watch the episode?[/quote]
https://watchtlg.netlify.com/watch?v=3987793 here
TTB-Kun

Pride Points: 11

Postby gothprincesskiara » July 30th, 2017, 9:12 pm

Ok we got a problem according to the sources that is not always reliable but they all say the same thing here, and either Janjas words are not right or they need to update the wiki info (sorry if the links dont work for you but Photobucket has become more difficult with photos, anyone have any suggestions on how to improve on this?) anyway they all say that the hyenas all pounced on Scar and mauled him to death as the flames surrounded him. :sob:

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q56 ... jklykl.png

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q56 ... yeruye.png

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q56 ... tyueyt.png

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/q56 ... yutjuy.png
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby escobea1 » July 31st, 2017, 12:14 am

Janja makes sense because if the hyenas did not kill him, the fire would have still roasted him alive. Either way, he died at the fire of Pride Rock with no witnesses to say otherwise. Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed are implied to be dead like Scar at this point.
escobea1

Pride Points: 8

Postby Hatari05 » July 31st, 2017, 12:29 am

[quote="Aelwen"]The thing I don't like: Kiara is constantly sown as helpless and useless. She absolutely cannot fight, even push the hyena away or scratch one. She constantly needs TLG to save her. I see why al otof people ask why she should be the future ruler and not Kion. He's brave and a good leader.. She...? Not at all.[/quote]

I don't think this is actually true and if Kion ever began to actually think this it would lead to very dangerous places very fast. Kiara's fighting skills have barely any role in running a kingdom. Kion lacks critical qualities to run what is essentially a country. Kion has virtually no sense of diplomacy, he resorts to force very fast. He jumps to conclusions very fast. Finally Kion isn't very wise and has no faith in his own choices needing Mufasa to justify or disprove every single one. If Kion ever lost his connection to Mufasa he would fall apart. These are not qualities a leader should have.

Kiara does have diplomatic skills and tries to learn everything she can about her subjects. Kiara knew finding water was not her job but went with the elephants to learn their ways and start establishing a working relationship with their leader. This would never occur to Kion since he has no concept of what happens after the battle and sees the kingdom mostly as victims he needs to protect. Kiara sees them as partners who help her and her family keep the kingdom functioning and she goes to great lengths to understand how each piece works and develops a stable relationship with it.

Kion doesn't have the patients to do that, he's a warrior not a politician. Kion is a good military leader but there's more to running a country than what the guard does. Kion protects the kingdom but it's Kiara who keeps it functioning.
Hatari05

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard