The Rise of Scar (spoilers)

Re: The Rise of Scar (spoilers)

Postby Solar » July 31st, 2017, 1:09 pm

Oh man haven't read the other posts in this thread but I just have to yell. This episode was so good. The animation was so top notch, the songs were special, the story was really interesting and I just loved it SO MUCH. Like every second of it I could feel it building. Simba and Kion's song made me SO HAPPY, it was like Simba's version of "We Are One" but for Kion T_T

I think I have more to say but man this was so utterly fantastic. I love this show so much.
Solar
He Lives In You

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He Lives In Me

Nickname(s): Solar, Molly
Pride Points: 4

Postby Aelwen » July 31st, 2017, 6:38 pm

[quote]Kion doesn't have the patients to do that, he's a warrior not a politician. Kion is a good military leader but there's more to running a country than what the guard does. Kion protects the kingdom but it's Kiara who keeps it functioning.[/quote]

But she is still just a plot device and nothing more. Her abilities and skills are not important and she is very dependent on Kion on terms of safety. If Kion ever tries to kill her and take the throne he will be able to do it very easily.

About the graphics. They don't draw shadows on animals body and that makes picture worse than even in so cheap sequel as SP.
Aelwen

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby AnonLion » July 31st, 2017, 8:28 pm

[quote="Aelwen"][quote]Kion doesn't have the patients to do that, he's a warrior not a politician. Kion is a good military leader but there's more to running a country than what the guard does. Kion protects the kingdom but it's Kiara who keeps it functioning.[/quote]

But she is still just a plot device and nothing more. Her abilities and skills are not important and she is very dependent on Kion on terms of safety. If Kion ever tries to kill her and take the throne he will be able to do it very easily.[/quote]
Sadly the writers tend to use Kiara and even Nala as plot devices for the Guard's favor.

Why do you think Simba didn't even try to save Kiara when she was in the middle of the stampede? So the Guard could prove itself to Simba. Why do you think Nala didn't try to save Kiara when she was about to fall to the sinkhole? So Fuli could go and rescue her. Why do you think suddenly Nala went with Kion when Makuu took over the Flood Plains? So she would be endangered again and Kion learned to control his anger. And why do you think the hyenas picked Kiara to lure Kion? Because there was no way they could take Simba or Nala, and Bunga had already been endangered in the first episode and he was needed for the rescue.

It's a very bad habit from the writers that is awfully noticeable, and we're lucky they won't spam it as much.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Hatari05 » August 1st, 2017, 2:58 am

[quote="Aelwen"][quote]Kion doesn't have the patients to do that, he's a warrior not a politician. Kion is a good military leader but there's more to running a country than what the guard does. Kion protects the kingdom but it's Kiara who keeps it functioning.[/quote]

But she is still just a plot device and nothing more. Her abilities and skills are not important and she is very dependent on Kion on terms of safety. If Kion ever tries to kill her and take the throne he will be able to do it very easily.

About the graphics. They don't draw shadows on animals body and that makes picture worse than even in so cheap sequel as SP.[/quote]

Kiara's issues as a character are specifically with the writing and the type of show she's in. Her actual character has everything a good leader needs. She's compassionate and goes to great lengths to understand each animal group and their ways. She knows the limits of her authority and doesn't enforce it unless truly provoked. She's good at recognizing problems that seem minor but aren't. She respects each animals place and role in the great circle and is also a good hunter.

These qualities are pushed aside and we're only shown Kion's side of things, the show neglects Kiara's creating a very negative view of her. However in Kiara's world Kion's skills wouldn't matter just as Kiara's don't matter in his.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby PridelandsPhantom » August 2nd, 2017, 8:20 pm

I probably hyped myself up far more than I needed to for seeing Scar again in this episode. I get that they can't get Jeremy Irons, but it seems painfully obvious to me that it just isn't scar without it being Irons :cry: We saw Scar for about five minutes and the laugh just didn't feel evil enough to me :sneer: What I did like is that Scar coming from the lava was creepy as heck :evil: Makini was nice for me in most ways except she really didn't need to start and stop her song as someone pointed out it was a song that was not needed at all.

I did like to see Kion and Simba bonding over their leadership duties and Simba letting Kion know that even he was doubtful that he was ready and fit to be king :kionsmile: I wonder if Kion and Kiara know Simba's whole history? I do have a big problem with Kiara's characterization. She should have been in more peril than she was even injured. The whole "owie my paws are hurt by steam (yes I know steam hurts but not as bad as they made it) :roll: I was happy to see Kiara wanting to do something as a princess and then they make her all weak instead of her fighting with the guard.

Someone said that the hyenas died in the fire? I got Janja saying Scar died in the fire (he was eaten by the hyenas, actually) :headache: Why did the original hyenas run off and is Janja and his crew like a splinter group or something? Why were the Kiara's friends at Makini's presentation? They aren't part of the royal family and if it's to present her to the whole pride where the hey are the rest of the lionesses? I did like that Makini mentioned that Fuli was the only female member to ever be in the guard :fuli: Fuli is like my girl and I love that!

Kion needed to get more angry when seeing a member of his family in danger. What if the snake and hyenas attacked Nala or Simba or even Kiara? What if one of the guard were seriously injured?
Dog Mom to Misty, Sango, Tami, Abby, and Kawaii. :)
Three Angel Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Mija, London, and Olga :cry:
PridelandsPhantom
Kion is My Waifu!

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Disney Fan and Lioness at Heart

Nickname(s): Mako, Dog Mom, Alex, Jessi
Pride Points: 12

Postby Aelwen » August 2nd, 2017, 8:52 pm

Most of the strange and unexplained things in TLG has one simple reason: this is the show for small kids. a 3-5 year old wouldn't wonder where are other lionesses or why Kiara is weak.
Aelwen

Pride Points: 1

Postby Ninclow » August 2nd, 2017, 10:34 pm

Are NO ONE going to even touch the topic of how Ushari went from being this background character to being one of the most intelligent, wily and potentially most dangerous villains the Lion Guard has ever had to deal with?
Ninclow

Pride Points: 2

Postby gothprincesskiara » August 2nd, 2017, 11:12 pm

[quote="Ninclow"]Are NO ONE going to even touch the topic of how Ushari went from being this background character to being one of the most intelligent, wily and potentially most dangerous villains the Lion Guard has ever had to deal with?[/quote]

Speaking of which I just am now realizing why could Ushari just bite Janja to protect himself against his threat of Hyenas, sacks wil bite first with warning then second time with venom, surely kids would be smart enough to know snakes defend themselves with a bite, I think they made Ushari a weak cobra as well.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Elton John » August 3rd, 2017, 12:01 am

I think Ushari just didn't give a s*** until this special, where he decided that he took enough abuse.

The straw that breaks the camels back you know.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby AnonLion » August 3rd, 2017, 12:17 am

[quote="Elton John"]I think Ushari just didn't give a s*** until this special, where he decided that he took enough abuse.

The straw that breaks the camels back you know.[/quote]
Agreed. Ushari never played the role of the villian, not even when he bit Bunga because he did it out of instinct. In every single appearance he had throughout the series he always ended up injured whenever the Guard was around and they didn't care that much about it (especially Bunga). He never did anything bad to anyone or the Guard to deserve that kind of treatment, so it was only a matter of time until Ushari snapped.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard