"Let Sleeping Crocs Lie" Season 2 Ep. 6

"Let Sleeping Crocs Lie" Season 2 Ep. 6

Postby Panpardus » August 8th, 2017, 2:38 pm

So, with Scar now loose in the world and seemingly the go-to consultant for at least some of the antagonistic forces in and around the Pride Lands, it looks like Makuu is about to be replaced as the big bad croc on the block in the form of Kiburi ("arrogance") voiced by rapper Common, which makes me think he'll eventually get a song. We've already seen him standing before Scar in some promo images, but now we've got some new pictures that seem to imply that we're going to get another mashindano: Image

We'll see if/how this new political upheaval ties into Scar's overall plan; I smell a multi-pronged approach to destroying the Pride Lands...
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Re: "Let Sleeping Crocs Lie" Season 2 Ep. 6

Postby TTB-Kun » August 11th, 2017, 3:05 pm

https://watchtlg.netlify.com/watch?v=4008165 episode out
There is a different opening too, and i like how even this episode leads to something else, i just wanna see more of what scar will be up to in the future.
Also in the song he said he will unite all the animals of the outlands, does that include jackals and especially the outsiders? It will be cool to see that in a future episode!
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby zerodix » August 11th, 2017, 5:14 pm

you have any screenshots of the crocs? on a roadtrip to france so no time to watch the ep. but im curious XD
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Ninclow » August 11th, 2017, 5:41 pm

I heard Scar's song...

I would like to write songs for the show...
Ninclow

Pride Points: 2

Postby TTB-Kun » August 11th, 2017, 6:19 pm

The song is kinda bland and unmemorable, but there are worst song in the show
TTB-Kun

Pride Points: 11

Postby Ninclow » August 11th, 2017, 6:28 pm

[quote="TTB-Kun"]The song is kinda bland and unmemorable, but there are worst song in the show[/quote]

But's it's SCAR! Freakin' SCAR! He's not SUPPOSED to have bland, forgettable songs! D:
Ninclow

Pride Points: 2

Postby AnonLion » August 11th, 2017, 11:45 pm

I really liked how Makuu has grown to be an actual responsible leader, for a moment I was afraid he'd lose and we'd get a new crocodile leader every new season or something. Scar's song was pretty forgetable, you can tell it was added just for the sake of giving him a song. What I did like about the song though was that Scar mentioned he wanted to bring together all Outlanders. If done correctly that could lead to a full on war against the Pridelands, and it could turn out specially interesting if Zira and the lionesses were to join. All in all it was an interesting episode, and I'm glad to see there will be more of Scar's influence in the future.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Kallo » August 12th, 2017, 12:55 am

A pretty good episode. Apart from what little we got of Ono's guilt, it wasn't that focused on the Guard, but more on the crocs and Scar. I could do without Scar's cartoonish writing and most definitely without his super cheesy and lackluster song, but I'm glad his motivation isn't solely to just destroy the Circle of Life, but to rule again. As I've stated multiple times Scar isn't what I had hoped for in this show, but at least I can somewhat accept that motivation for him. That even in death he still wants to rule. That actually kinda brings his character to new levels of insanity. I think David Oyelowo somewhat overplays the evilness of the role a bit too much most of the time, but when he does nail the voice it's pretty good. I liked his delivery of the line "You have brought me vaulable information. Well done, skinks". It had that Jeremy Irons style, very Scar-y pitch shift in the middle of the sentence. If he had those moments more, and didn't quite overplay the role so much the rest of the time, he'd be awesome. Also, while they could have animated Scar to look a bit more menacing and ethereal, I like that for what he is, they animated lots of very Scar-like movements and facial expressions on him.

Speaking of the animation, it seems to have stayed improved, so that's nice. Background music still as awesome as ever and just keeps getting better. It sounds very similar to the music from the original movie. I do wish they'd include a bit more familiar melodies from the movies though. I mean, might as well, right? "Return of the Roar" started with the main melody from the original movie, and I'd wish to hear it again. It was nice that they did include the line "Leave now, and never come back" as a throwback to the movie. Especially coming from Simba, that was a rather interesting moment. Also nice that we got a new intro, but it was pretty poorly executed. Looked like someone just hastly slapped a bunch of random scenes on top of the old intro in a very jarring way.

So far I haven't really seen the series get that much "darker" or "mature", as we were lead to expect. The season is still young, and I'm not expecting anything drastic, but if anything, I feel the show right now is more cartoonish and childish than it's ever been.
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

Postby Aelwen » August 12th, 2017, 8:51 am

[quote]Speaking of the animation, it seems to have stayed improved, so that's nice.[/quote]

i really don't see any improvement, can anyone show me a gif or something to compare "old' and "new"?

Seriously even SP animation is much more smooth.
Aelwen

Pride Points: 1

Postby Kallo » August 12th, 2017, 2:48 pm

The animation still isn't the greatest, but it's definitely improved. It improved a lot during Season 1, especially towards its end when they introduced better walking animations and stuff. This season has looked better since the very start, but especially with "The Rise of Scar" it definitely took a major step forward and seems to have stayed that way in this episode, too.

I mean, nobody's comparing this show's animation to the original movie or Simba's Pride. Why would you? Both those movies have excellent traditional animation, with much larger budgets. The Lion Guard is just a cheap Friday morning cartoon show for toddlers, animated with Flash or something. And frankly, I kinda forgive it for its less-than-stellar animation, because I honestly haven't ever really seen a show that uses Flash etc. on such detailed and realistic style and design. The character models and backgrounds are very detailed and look practically the same as a traditionally drawn Disney film, so it's no wonder it's difficult to animate to look great. Most cartoons animated in similar fashion have a much simpler, more plain look.
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

Next

Return to The Lion Guard