Opinion on Kion having a love interest?

Re: Opinion on Kion having a love interest?

Postby Kallo » September 22nd, 2017, 12:22 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]O.K. so if Simba accepts them, would Kion and Fuli be leaving The Pride Lands because they realize that they did violate The Circle of Life? Is Simba forced to symbolically banish them for that reason or is to pacify the denizens of The Pride Lands? If Kion and Fuli leave The Pride Lands in this manner, is does it close the door on them ever returning?[/quote]

I'm not sure if that could really be considered violating the Circle of Life. More like a different way of your own life, while still supporting the Circle of Life philosophy. I mean, I don't think anyone would question Kion's loyalty to that philosophy after everything he's done for the Pridelands, just cause he'd want to be with Fuli. Though, that could also be made into a fun element of such storyline (whether Kion & Fuli are breaking the Circle of Life or not).

Anyway, them leaving the Pridelands together and them being together doesn't necessarily even have to tie into the same storyline. There's any number of reasons they could leave, just like there is for Kion leaving alone. We know he must've either died or left somewhere else because he's not in TLK2. So whether Kion left alone or with Fuli (or the entire Guard, for that matter) there must be some kinda explanation there, whether it'll be shown in the series or not. They could've, for example, been sent on a very long mission there. Maybe even something lifelong that requires them to move out of the Pridelands. Or maybe it's just part of them growing up and having to find their own path in life. *shrugs* But I definitely wouldn't want it to go the "they can't ever return again" way. I think it should end in everybody accepting them as a pair and them leaving together in a positive mindset.

And just for the record, I'm not actually expecting any of this to happen in the show, even the Kion x Fuli romance thing. Though it'd be cool if it did. It's just fun to theorise about. :)
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Re: Opinion on Kion having a love interest?

Postby SimbasGuard » September 23rd, 2017, 8:48 am

[quote="Kallo"]I'm not sure if that could really be considered violating the Circle of Life. More like a different way of your own life, while still supporting the Circle of Life philosophy. I mean, I don't think anyone would question Kion's loyalty to that philosophy after everything he's done for the Pridelands, just cause he'd want to be with Fuli. Though, that could also be made into a fun element of such storyline (whether Kion & Fuli are breaking the Circle of Life or not).[/quote]

I have to agree with that. It would make an interesting storyline if done correctly.

[quote="Kallo"]Anyway, them leaving the Pridelands together and them being together doesn't necessarily even have to tie into the same storyline. There's any number of reasons they could leave, just like there is for Kion leaving alone. We know he must've either died or left somewhere else because he's not in TLK2. So whether Kion left alone or with Fuli (or the entire Guard, for that matter) there must be some kinda explanation there, whether it'll be shown in the series or not. They could've, for example, been sent on a very long mission there. Maybe even something lifelong that requires them to move out of the Pridelands. Or maybe it's just part of them growing up and having to find their own path in life. *shrugs* But I definitely wouldn't want it to go the "they can't ever return again" way. I think it should end in everybody accepting them as a pair and them leaving together in a positive mindset.[/quote]

I have personally been a fan of the long mission away from The Pride Lands. That would provide an explanation as to where The Lion Guard was during the 2nt part of Lion King 2. It would also leave the door open for them to return in a post Lion King 2 movie. (I actually think this could happen due to the fact that everyone involved in the series had to know this question would come up when the series was set when it was set. Yes I also know that I have shared this opinion of mine several times.). The problem with The Lion Guard being sent away on a long mission outside of The Pride Lands is that it would require Simba having an alliance with (I presume) another Lion Kingdom elsewhere, that would that happen to (plot-conviently) need assistance just shortly before Kiara's First Hunt.

[quote="Kallo"]And just for the record, I'm not actually expecting any of this to happen in the show, even the Kion x Fuli romance thing. Though it'd be cool if it did. It's just fun to theorise about. :)[/quote]

For the reasons mentioned above I do think that we will get some type of explanation as to why Kion was not in the 2nt part of Lion King 2. I can't see him being killed off (too non-Disney). It makes no sense for Kion and The Guard to leave on their own. Kiara will need them when she is Queen. Simba basically said so in "The Trail to Udugu"

As for theorizing about what we would like to see (even if we think it will likely not
happen. As well as discussing our ideas with others here ) is whole point of these forums. As well as what makes them so much fun. 8-)

Another thing I can't help but giggle at the thought of is, The Lion Guard returning to The Pride Lands sometime shortly after the end of Lion King 2 (Of course not knowing what happened while they were away). To have Kion discover that he now has a Brother-In-Law he does not trust and an enemy Pride has joined his Pride. Granted the situation would be resolved quickly, but Kion's initial reaction would be hilarious :lol:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard