Opinion on Kion having a love interest?

Re: Opinion on Kion having a love interest?

Postby TTB-Kun » August 25th, 2017, 4:40 pm

in my headcanon kion ends up banging both tiifu and Zuri, but it's just my stupid lust.
In reality probably kion will never have a love interest, since i don't find it a disney junior thing.
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby Kallo » August 26th, 2017, 6:40 am

I wouldn't mind Kion having a love story in the show, if it was done well. It's not something I need to see, but I'd be fine with it. Only one so far who he has any chemistry with for that to happen, though, is Fuli. Jasiri seems more like just a friend. I could maybe see some crushing on Kion's side for her, but none from Jasiri's. Fuli and Kion have great chemistry though. I could see them ending up being romantically interested in each other. But at the same time, it'd almost be a shame to ruin such a great pairing of friends for a typical romance angle. You know what would be great? If Fuli unbeknownst to everyone, had a secret crush for Kion, but was afraid to share it because of her hard exterior. I mean, it doesn't necessarily need to end up with them being together, but I think that'd be a great storyline for Fuli's character. It could lead to multiple great lessons, as well as cute and funny moments, too.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby ScarXZira10889 » August 26th, 2017, 10:13 am

@PanPardus, Yea, it will be cool to see what happens lol. I'm not sure about the gay lions thing, I think that both sexes can behave different to the same sex (like you said) for example, once, a lioness who had a mane was reported to have acted like a male and even tried to attract females. But, when they injected her, (or did something else?) I think the result was that she turned back into a normal lioness and the hair from the mane came off? I also think some lionesses or lions just use gay behaviour for like partnership and bonding (even if it is sexual activity) as it's been proven that animals can participate in homesexual activity for social interactions or bonding. @TTB-Kun Yea, I understand. It's usually rare for Disney junior to add in love interests and crushes. But, i think that in Sofia the first, there was a few scenes that showed (or maybe even mentioned) that Sofia had a crush on someone named Prince Hugo. I think that there have been a few scenes hint to something more than romantic but, oh well. Lmao
ScarXZira10889
Zira, Queen of PrideRock

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Well done, Kovu. Just like we've always planned.

Nickname(s): Zira,Scars devoted Queen
Pride Points: 0

Postby TTB-Kun » August 26th, 2017, 11:39 pm

sofia is a show for little girls, and love is more reliable to that audience, that's the difference
TTB-Kun

Pride Points: 11

Postby SimbasGuard » August 31st, 2017, 2:05 am

[quote="AnonLion"]If Kion does get a love interest though I'd see it happening sometime in season 3. Right now season 2 is more focused on Scar's return, and I doubt the writers would worry over adding a romance in the middle of that.[/quote]

True, but (I know a very similar idea was put forth elsewhere by others on this forum) Scar could have Zira use Vitani against Kion somehow. Not necessarily try to get Kion to fall in love with her, but just gain Kion's trust. Zira would love this idea because: It came from Scar, Zira would see it as Scar approving of her long-term plan with Kovu against Kiara. It would also give her a test run of what to do or not do when implementing her (what what I guess would now be a contingency) plan. It is also possible that Zira could tell Scar of her long-term plan to use Kovu against Kiara. Scar not wanting to play the long game, could tell Zira to alter her plan and use Vitani against Kion now. The obstacles to this though (as you said) would be that Kion sees Vitani as an enemy. However I could see Kion And Vitani forming a (As Panpardus put it) frenemy relationship out of this and gaining a mutual respect for one another (with something more than that beneath the surface, that could lead to deeper emotions for them later on) in the process.

[quote="Kallo"]You know what would be great? If Fuli unbeknownst to everyone, had a secret crush for Kion, but was afraid to share it because of her hard exterior. I mean, it doesn't necessarily need to end up with them being together, but I think that'd be a great storyline for Fuli's character. It could lead to multiple great lessons, as well as cute and funny moments, too.[/quote]

This would make for an interesting story-arch, but even a cross species crush could potentially call The Circle of Life into question. A story like that as interesting as it would be might be off limits due to how it would disrupt the theme of the show :sad:

[quote="TTB-Kun"]sofia is a show for little girls, and love is more reliable to that audience, that's the difference[/quote]

Perhaps not, the Girl Hippos did whistle at Beshte in The Rise of Makuu so romance may not be entirely off the table.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on November 14th, 2017, 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Hatari05 » August 31st, 2017, 5:41 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"][quote="AnonLion"]If Kion does get a love interest though I'd see it happening sometime in season 3. Right now season 2 is more focused on Scar's return, and I doubt the writers would worry over adding a romance in the middle of that.[/quote]

True, but (I know a very similar idea was put forth elsewhere by others on this forum) Scar could have Zira use Vitani against Kion somehow. Not necessarily try to get Kion to fall in love with her, but just gain Kion's trust. Zira would love this idea because: It came from Scar, Zira would see it as Scar approving of her long-term plan with Kovu against Kiara. It would also give her a test run of what to do or not do when implementing her (what what I guess would now be a contingency) plan. It is also possible that Zira could tell Scar of her long-term plan to use Kovu against Kiara. Scar not wanting to play the long game, could tell Zira to alter her plan and use Vitani against Kion now. The obstacles to this though (as you said) would be that Kion sees Vitani as an enemy. However I could see Kion And Vitani forming a (As Panpardus put it) frenemy relationship out of this and gaining a mutual respect for one another (with something more than that beneath the surface, that could lead to deeper emotions for them later on) in the process.

[quote="Kallo"]You know what would be great? If Fuli unbeknownst to everyone, had a secret crush for Kion, but was afraid to share it because of her hard exterior. I mean, it doesn't necessarily need to end up with them being together, but I think that'd be a great storyline for Fuli's character. It could lead to multiple great lessons, as well as cute and funny moments, too.[/quote]

This would make for an interesting an interesting story-arch, but even a cross species crush could potentially call The Circle of Life into question. A story like that as interesting as it would be might be off limits due to how it would disrupt the theme of the show :sad:

[quote="TTB-Kun"]sofia is a show for little girls, and love is more reliable to that audience, that's the difference[/quote]

Perhaps not, the Girl Hippos did whistle at Beshte in The Rise of Makuu so romance may not be entirely off the table.[/quote]

I think that was me who suggested it. I originally pictured it as Vitani creating a scenario similar to Jasiri making Kion sympathize with the outsiders. She also positions herself as almost a victim in need preying upon Kion's chronic hero syndrome, naturally there would be complications.

Don't be so sure regarding Full and Kion. Kion has been shown to defy traditions creating the first LG compromised of multiple different animals, being the first Lion we know of who befriended a hyena. One of his main traits is seeing people for who they are and valuing them as individuals. Kion has shown an open mindedness to other animals not shown in the franchise before this point. If anyone would go as far as to have a romantic relationship with a different breed of animal it's Kion. He wouldn't care that Full or Jasiri weren't lions all that would matter to him is who they were and how much he loved who they were

In fact once you ignore the idea that it would never happen in real life, Kion ending up with Full or Jasiri could send a very powerful message about seeing the beauty of someone for who they are. It would perfectly bookend Kion's story with it beginning with him choosing a team of non lions and it ending with him choosing a mate who isn't a lion. It perfectly cements Kion's defining traits, valuing someone for who they are regardless of pride or even breed. It would be a pretty powerful scene encompassing everything that defines Kion and even the morals of the entire franchise.
Hatari05

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby SimbasGuard » August 31st, 2017, 7:15 pm

[quote="Hatari05"]I think that was me who suggested it. I originally pictured it as Vitani creating a scenario similar to Jasiri making Kion sympathize with the outsiders. She also positions herself as almost a victim in need preying upon Kion's chronic hero syndrome, naturally there would be complications.[/quote]

Ah yeah now I remember. I should have credited you :oops: Your idea would work just as brilliantly if Scar were orchestrating the events. Actually it would work much better than my idea, because it would in no way encroach on the plot Zira uses in Lion King 2.

[quote="Hatari05"]Don't be so sure regarding Full and Kion. Kion has been shown to defy traditions creating the first LG compromised of multiple different animals, being the first Lion we know of who befriended a hyena. One of his main traits is seeing people for who they are and valuing them as individuals. Kion has shown an open mindedness to other animals not shown in the franchise before this point. If anyone would go as far as to have a romantic relationship with a different breed of animal it's Kion. He wouldn't care that Full or Jasiri weren't lions all that would matter to him is who they were and how much he loved who they were

In fact once you ignore the idea that it would never happen in real life, Kion ending up with Full or Jasiri could send a very powerful message about seeing the beauty of someone for who they are. It would perfectly bookend Kion's story with it beginning with him choosing a team of non lions and it ending with him choosing a mate who isn't a lion. It perfectly cements Kion's defining traits, valuing someone for who they are regardless of pride or even breed. It would be a pretty powerful scene encompassing everything that defines Kion and even the morals of the entire franchise.[/quote]

I get exactly what you are saying and while Kion has defied tradition by assembling a non-lion exclusive Lion Guard. Cross species friendships are nothing new to the Lion King franchise in general. Kion befriending a Hyena speaks volumes about his ability to see past what he has (likely been taught) learned of a species. As well as being a first for the franchise (as far as actual canon goes). This is a hallmark of the series itself. Another Theme of the series is The Circle of Life. Respecting it and protecting it by keeping it in balance. I would think part of that balance would be no animals dating outside their species. It would make no sense at all if Zazu and Timon were vying for the affections of Ma Tembo. I could see Kion and Fuli ( I am relatively certain that Hyenas are in the cat family, but Jasiri seems too different species-wise to be a ligament prospect for Kion) potentially falling in love, but I think both of them would never peruse it because of how it would it would disrupt the circle of life.

Now let's assume that Disney was willing to ignore nature and the fact that a Lion and a Cheetah can not reproduce. Disney does ignore nature when they want too (and most of the time it works out for the best) and they did let Kion And Fuli get together. If they still intended to stick with the theme of The Circle of Life, wouldn't the existence of a Lion/Cheetah hybrid disrupt The Circle of Life?
Last edited by SimbasGuard on May 11th, 2018, 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » September 2nd, 2017, 7:23 am

Perhaps the canon reason for not having kion in the second half of tlk2 is that his raging libido gets him kicked out of the pridelands.

Not that this would ever actually happen, but it would be funny if it did!
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » September 2nd, 2017, 8:39 am

:lol: Well the one problem that would solve is that would likely involve Kion romantically pursuing Jasiri, Zuri, Tiifu, and Fuli. that would make every one that ships Kion with a preexisting character happy. Except me as that still leaves Vitani out of the equation.

SimbasGuard

Postby Aelwen » September 2nd, 2017, 9:17 pm

[quote]Now let's assume that Disney was willing to ignore nature and the fact that a Lion and a Cheetah can not reproduce. Disney does ignore nature when they want too (and most of the time it works out for the best) and they did let Kion And Fuli get together. If they still intended to stick with the theme of The Circle of Life, wouldn't the existence of a Lion/Cheetah hybrid disrupt The Circle of Life?[/quote]

It's not even about reproducing. An adult lion weights 420-500 pounds, a female cheetah 84-88 pounds. They can't even mate.
If Kion is 8 months old already then he is already larger than her.
Aelwen

Pride Points: 1

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard