Deaths?

Deaths?

Postby Panpardus » August 25th, 2017, 12:09 am

With the major caveat that this isn't something I'd bet on at all unless the show itself was aged up as the series went on or neared its end - which I have seen Disney do with some shows my little siblings used to watch, like when Lab Rats started taking itself a little more seriously and they moved it to Disney XD, which has a slightly older target demographic than Disney Channel proper - do you think it's at all possible that The Lion Guard will kill off a character?

For what it's worth, the show has already acknowledged that death occurs and has implied the deaths of several offscreen characters like Aminifu and Scar's old guard (whom they pretty much say were murdered), not to mention that they've introduced characters who died/will die pretty violently in the films (Mufasa, Scar, Nuka, Zira) and kind of expect the audience to have seen at least the first movie anyway, which has the most violent death scenes in the franchise.

Although I'm not expecting any of the Guard to be offed, perhaps we'll see the death of one of the villains/antagonists in typical Disney over the cliff fashion? Or maybe they'll introduce Sarabi or Sarafina and have them die [presumably peacefully] later in the series run, for the sake of closure, and having Kion actually having to deal with the loss of a family member he knows (which would keep it from repeating the funeral plot point in "Just Can't Wait to be Queen" by making it more personal than Aminifu's death).

Again, unlikely in general, but we never know... :kionwhat:

Discuss.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Re: Deaths?

Postby AnonLion » August 25th, 2017, 4:13 am

Because neither Sarabi or Sarafina have made an appearance in the show I'm gonna go ahead and guess they are already dead at this point, but if the writers do decide to add them in just to kill them off I'm going to be very dissapointed. Not only have we not seen a single member of the pride out of Simba's family and Tiifu and Zuri, but the moment you show another lioness you kill them off? Yeah, I don't see that happening.

This is a kid's show we're talking about, so as much as I would be interested in seeing a recurrent character die I don't see it happening. At most I can imagine seeing some references, like briefly mentioning that a character from the movie that hasn't appeared again (like Shenzi, Banzai, Ed, Sarabi or Sarafina) died but not explicitly showing it.

But then again death is also a part of the Circle of Life, so it wouldn't be too farfetched to see it addressed in the show from Kion's point of view.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby DGFone » August 25th, 2017, 5:06 am

I wouldn't be surprised if they show up in some later episode. Most likely it's just a simple case of characters not being needed, so they simply never show up. After all, in the movie, Sarafina only has one line, but many more were recorded - her role was supposed to be significantly bigger than it ended up with.

While I don't actually know how episodes for The Lion Guard are made, I am sure the script is the first thing to be finalized. Once you know exactly which characters have what lines, you don't have to worry about paying a voice actor to do some lines which later end up getting cut. Movies probably have the budget to take risks with extra material that will later not ever be used. TV shows have much smaller budgets, so I doubt the creators are as ready to spend resources on extra material "just in case", and only do the minimum required work to get the job done.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SimbasGuard » August 25th, 2017, 7:10 am

Thinking within the parameters that Panpardus has set if The Lion Guard does get, I don't know the proper term to use, but let's say promoted from being a Disney Jr. show to being at least a Prime Time Disney Chanel show. I could easily see some less important villains getting killed. for Example I could see some nameless members of Janja's clan (I know he does not have any at the moment) getting killed off. Ushari is also a possible villain that could get killed off, but there is also the possibility that The Lion Guard wouldn't notice.

As for good characters that could die: I had this horrible thought that Jasiri's entire clan could be killed off somehow (off screen) with Jasiri as the only survivor. Although this idea is so dark Disney would have to give Touchstone a channel just to air it. A more realistic possibility is that Madoa could be killed that would put Kion in the position of having to comfort a very grief stricken friend. There is also the possibility (and I'm not saying that I want this to happen) that Zuri could die. If she were killed in a situation where Kion was unable to save her it could have a devastating effect on him considering how badly he beats himself up over a judgmental error how much worse would it be for him if he thought he was responsible for the death of one of the pride. Especially considering how devastated Kiara and especially Tiifu (with Tiifu possibly blaming Kion for Zuri's death) would be over it.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion Guard