"Swept Away" Season 2 Ep. 7

Re: "Swept Away" Season 2 Ep. 6

Postby Kallo » September 20th, 2017, 11:51 pm

Really don't have much at all to say about this episode. it wasn't super special, but it was definitely a good one. Had an enjoyable time watching it. Although, my only complaint is how many times do they have to say their catchphrases per episode. Like geezus, it felt like an especially lot in this one.

I had completely forgotten Zira teaching Kion he can use the Roar on the clouds, until I saw Panpardus mention it. Cool that they brought it back. Funny how sometimes villains can later end up being a help like that, despite not meaning to. Also, maybe it was just me, but I think that one part where Janja was pretending he didn't know Beshte was a member of the Lion Guard, was a very clever and subtle nod to the original hyenas. Judging by their designs, at least one if not more of them is pretty obviously meant to be a descendant of them, so I think that was an interesting way to refer to that, if it was intentional. Frankly, can't see it not being. I would SO love to see the original hyena trio make an appearance at some point. At least one of them.

Oh, and one last thing... Fuli, as always, has the best faces! xD
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby SimbasGuard » September 21st, 2017, 10:20 am

[quote="Kallo"]Judging by their designs, at least one if not more of them is pretty obviously meant to be a descendant of them.[/quote]

I know I am not the only one that thinks this, but I think that Janja is Shenzi And Banzi's pup.

I also think Ed is Cheezi's Father.

[quote="Kallo"]I would SO love to see the original hyena trio make an appearance at some point. At least one of them.[/quote]

That would be awesome :thumbsup: Unless it was just Ed, he wouldn't be able to provide any answers to anything :lol:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Kallo » September 21st, 2017, 12:20 pm

Cheezi is the most obvious one of the new hyena trio. He's clearly supposed to be Ed and Shenzi's son. He's got Ed's craziness and Shenzi's bangs. Cheezi's also not as dumb as he seems. He's totally insane like Ed, but I feel like somewhere in that craziness, he's also got this "accidental cleverness" to him, which might be inherited from Shenzi, who was obviously the smart one of the original bunch. I'm not sure if Janja and Chungu are related to them, though. Janja has a bit of Banzai's looks and aggression, so he might be his son. Chungu doesn't seem like he has anything to do with any of the three, though.

[quote="SimbasGuard"]That would be awesome :thumbsup: Unless it was just Ed, he wouldn't be able to provide any answers to anything :lol:[/quote]

I dunno. Shenzi's my favourite, so I'd love to see her. But Ed would actually be a pretty interesting choice for a cameo. Imagine this fun scenario I came up with:

Simba orders The Lion Guard on an important mission to some faraway place, but in order to get there they must travel through the Outlands. He tells the Guard they need a guide to lead them through, though, and tells them where to find him. The Guard travel to the Outlands wondering who this guide could be. So they reach a cave where he's supposed to live and in the shadows they can hear a quiet laughter which they slowly approach. Then when they tell him who they are, slowly out of the shadows a now older Ed emerges with crazy laughter. BOOM! We hit a commercial break or a "To Be Continued" and everybody's left in nostalgic shock and wondering where the hell this story's gonna go. xD After that, you could do any number of things with it. Ed could betray them, or he could have reformed and now play this "crazy old master" role, where everything he does is questionable and drives the Guard crazy, but is actually the best way to do things in the end. I can already see Fuli getting pissed at him for doing nothing but laughing. :P
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby SimbasGuard » September 22nd, 2017, 3:57 am

[quote="Kallo"]Cheezi is the most obvious one of the new hyena trio. He's clearly supposed to be Ed and Shenzi's son. He's got Ed's craziness and Shenzi's bangs. Cheezi's also not as dumb as he seems. He's totally insane like Ed, but I feel like somewhere in that craziness, he's also got this "accidental cleverness" to him, which might be inherited from Shenzi, who was obviously the smart one of the original bunch.[/quote]

Excellent point.

I doubt Chungu is related to any of the original hyena trio as well.

you made an excellent case for how Ed could make an appearance on the show. Although I agree with you if only one of The original Hyenas were to make an appearance it should be Shenzi. Her appearance would have the most impact story-wise.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard