season 2 ep 9: rescue in the Outlands

Re: season 2 ep 9: rescue in the Outlands

Postby Ninclow » October 2nd, 2017, 8:21 am

[quote="JackStover"][quote="Ninclow"]The song was kind of unnecessary and forced...[/quote]
Aren't they all? I'm being facetious, but you could argue that the show would be just fine if none of the episodes had songs in them.[/quote]

I wouldn't say so, not when properly used to further the story or describe a plot point. "Kion's lament" was okay, and "Bunga the wise" and "we are the same" worked within the framework of their respective stories. "Beware the zimwi" fitted well as a metaphor of a ghost story that Rafiki told which had the kids spooked. "Lions over all" worked, but was out of place. (Would've fitted better as a song sung by Zira to motivate Kovu to stand against TLG). So - there ARE songs that are welcome in my opinion, just not very many.
Ninclow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby SimbasGuard » October 2nd, 2017, 8:38 am

I wanted to rewatch this episode before I commented on it. This was A great episode :happyjasiri: :smilekion: :fistbump: Panpardus was right The synopsis on The Lion Guard Facebook Page was correct. We did indeed get our first look at Jasiri (as well as Madoa). and Wema and Tunu speak for the first time. I liked the song.

[quote="Panpardus"]This one was pretty hyena-heavy, and I get the feeling that Jasiri/Janja fans are certainly going to get a kick out of their interactions and the undertones of the song. (Though as much as he might 'like' her, he still willingly agreed to kill her, so...)[/quote]

Maybe Janja has a, If I can't have Jasiri no one will altitude, or perhaps a better explanation might be If Janja kills Jasiri now. He won't have to come to terms with his feelings for her (whatever they are) later.

I assumed that Scar would not want an ally of The Guard in The Outlands. However it seems he only deems Jasiri a threat. Although given what Madoa said it seems that Jasiri's Clan is helpless without her (Although that could be due to them being a small clan). Now Scar will either send someone else after Jasiri, or she will just go on his Hit List, and Scar will just wait for an opportunity to take her out as he did with Beshte. I will be interesting to see how knowing about Jasiri will affect Scar's plan going forward.

Jasiri is now suspicious that something is up. Kion dismissed it as the effect of the dry season. However I think if another attempt is made on Jasiri's life, she will star looking into the situation. Jasiri may very well be the one that alerts The Lion Guard of Scar's existence.

Scar wants The Jackals on his side, if he gets them, he will likely get The Vultures next. I still can't see Scar putting an army together without including Zira and The Outsiders. Zira may not like the idea of working with other animals, but she will do what Scar says. I would also love to see some actual Scar And Zira interaction (and perhaps find out more about their relationship).
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Ninclow » October 2nd, 2017, 11:18 am

I wonder if Simba would somehow end ghost-Scar's existence/ties to the realm of the living. If Zira witness that, her comment in film 2 about Simba killing Scar actually makes sense...
Ninclow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby SimbasGuard » October 3rd, 2017, 9:32 pm

[quote="Ninclow"]I wonder if Simba would somehow end ghost-Scar's existence/ties to the realm of the living. If Zira witness that, her comment in film 2 about Simba killing Scar actually makes sense...[/quote]

True, but if you are referring to the line where Zira asks Kovu:

[quote="Zira"]"Who killed Scar?"[/quote]

that actually happened before the events in The Lion Guard.

It would however lend much more impact to her:

[quote="Zira"]"This is for you Scar."[/quote]

line before she attacks Simba at the end of Lion King 2.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby zerodix » October 5th, 2017, 4:26 pm

well, here is my review, a little later than planned :p
The latest few episodes were so dissapointing, that I kinda lost my faith in the coming of a better episode. When I saw the premises of this episode, I feared that it would center around Thurston the zebra, a character that I really don't like (shallow humor, way-over-the-top personality)
Besides that, the original Lion King and Simbas Pride characters were way more subtile.
All these new characters are not very deep or interesting. So that's why I started with a sceptic view, when I opened the link to this episode.
Tse tse flies, hm. Ok there we go again with something boring.
Fuli comes in with some witty comments, I have to say she is my favorite member of the guard, because she is the only one showing her (righteous) annoyance towards some cringe-worthy characters.
Then we have fiery ghostcloud Scar, Janja and his song about Jasiri (the hearts and the pinkish background stand for HER kind and loving personality, NOT for a hidden love of Janja for her) Liked the song, it was sweet and I might listen to it another time later, because it is just a cute song.
I loved to see Jasiri's little clan with the pups, so cute they are back too! So that storyline of Janja trying to kill Jasiri and her clan was a good storyline.
That zebra-that-did-not-get-lost storyline sucked big time.
After a few bad episodes, this one was actually very likeable and I would say this is my 2nd favorite (the opening movie is my nr 1 right now)
So please, find those jackalls in the next episode and keep up this line of work, Disney! No more annoying critters, just the good ol' hyenas, jackalls and maybe a leopard or 2 :)
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » October 6th, 2017, 7:45 am

[quote="zerodix"]So please, find those jackalls in the next episode and keep up this line of work, Disney! No more annoying critters, just the good ol' hyenas, jackalls and maybe a leopard or 2 :)[/quote]

Leopards would be a very good addition to Scar's army. I just don't think that their any in The Outlands. is it possible that Makucha might be wandering around there looking for a way to get revenge on The Lion Guard at just the right time, for Scar to recruit him?

SimbasGuard

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard