"The Ukumbusho Tradition" Season 2 Ep. 10

Re: "The Ukumbusho Tradition" Season 2 Ep. 10

Postby SimbasGuard » November 12th, 2017, 10:01 am

[quote="Elton John"]Which begs the question, is Simba the father of tiifu and zuri?[/quote]

Obviously not. Like TTB-Kun said there has to be other Male Lions in The Pride Lands. Makini proved this in "The Rise of Scar" when she stated that Fuli was the first Female to ever serve in The Guard.

Now with that and what we saw in "Return of the Roar". With Simba telling Kion to choose The Pride Lands Bravest, Fastest, Strongest, and Keenest of Sight. To form his Lion Guard. Then when he saw Kion's team (after chewing Kion out) he told him that there were plenty of good Lions for The Guard.

"In Lions of the Outlands" Kion asked Kovu and Nuka. Why don't you live in The Pride Lands? Not Why aren't you part of My Dad's pride?

This would indicate that other Male Lions live in The Pride Lands, but are not part of Simba's Pride. Now I have never heard of A Lion Pride Allowing Male Lodgers to live on their land, but this is Disney. They have at least very strongly hinted that other Male Lions live in The Pride Lands. Albeit apart from Simba's Pride, presumably not to challenge Simba's Kingship. Obviously Simba's Lionesses are allowed to...Uh...associate with these Lodgers. As evidenced by the existence of Tiifu and Zuri.

I doubt the show will ever address the exact nature of this arrangement, however If the situation were dire enough, I would not be surprised if these Male Lodgers could be called on to assist Simba's Pride. (Especially Tiifu and Zuri's Father/Fathers).
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Panpardus » November 12th, 2017, 9:06 pm

I mean, the concept of rogue males has been addressed more or less directly in-universe with Kovu. Zira obviously was aware of some Pride Lands policy regarding allowing other lions to at least pass through the territory or even join the pride so long as they held no malicious intentions, which is why she plotted to have her son pose as a rogue who happened upon Kiara in danger. (Note that in that exchange between he and Simba, Kovu asks to join the pride and Simba refuses simply on the grounds of his suspicions of the Outsiders.)
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbasGuard » November 13th, 2017, 5:51 am

True, but Zira's plan hinged on getting Kovu to (like you mentioned) join Simba's Pride. That still leaves us with the question of where the recruits for The Lion Guard would come from. I doubt The Pride Lands Fastest, Strongest, Bravest, and Keenest of Sight. Means whatever non-threatening Rogue Male Lions happen to be passing through when The Lion Guard has a recruitment drive.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard