"The Ukumbusho Tradition" Season 2 Ep. 10

"The Ukumbusho Tradition" Season 2 Ep. 10

Postby Panpardus » October 2nd, 2017, 2:46 am

Starting the new episode thread early because I saw some pictures on the FB page and it looks really interesting. They've taken what could've just been a visual callback to the first film and actually expanded on it, so I'm a little excited.

I'm not going to get my hopes up too high, but hoping the song is good. This is like, real Lion King-quality material we're working with here story-wise and thematically, and we know they can do movie-quality songs if ones like "My Own Way", "Kupatana Community", and "Fujo" are any indication. We'll see though...

Spoiler: show
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Re: "The Ukumbusho Tradition" Season 2 Ep. 10

Postby AnonLion » October 2nd, 2017, 7:25 am

That is absolutely adorable, makes me think it's kind of an attire to commemorate the kings of the past. All we can do now is wait to find out.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby SimbasGuard » October 2nd, 2017, 9:03 am

This is very neat. I love the first picture. I thing we may getting another Lion King holiday. I am eager to see what this is about. It looks like it could be another very good episode. I love how things look so far.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby zerodix » October 3rd, 2017, 11:16 pm

that pic of the guard members dressed as lions reminded me of the winnie the pooh movie where the gang dressed up as tigger. well i think this might be a nice episode.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Kallo » October 7th, 2017, 3:17 pm

Lol, nice Simba cosplay there, Fuli! Who knew she was such a big fangirl. ;)

[quote="Panpardus"]This is like, real Lion King-quality material we're working with here story-wise and thematically[/quote]

How so? And how do you know about the story and themes of the episode? Did you find a synopsis somewhere? I tried to find one but couldn't. At least not a single one that can be confirmed to be true.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby Panpardus » October 7th, 2017, 10:45 pm

Granted, I have no idea about the actual plot, but the term "ukumbusho" means "remembrance" or "memorial", and the episode title establishes that this is an annual Pride Lands tradition ("The Ukumbusho Tradition") seemingly in the vein of Dia de los Muertos or any other real-world ancestor remembrance holidays, which is further implied by the pictures of the Guard in lion regalia to presumably honor the Great Kings in some specific ceremony. In that light, I'm tempted to think that at least one of the episode's themes will be about honoring and remembering those who came before you and the idea of familial legacy; that's one of the main overarching themes of the entire Lion King franchise, and if there's ever a time to actually play up that theme in this show and actually throw around the term "circle of life", it would seem that this would be the episode to do it in.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbasGuard » October 8th, 2017, 10:26 am

[quote="Kallo"]Lol, nice Simba cosplay there, Fuli! Who knew she was such a big fangirl. ;)[/quote]

I just realized, Fuli is basically dressed in drag. I wonder if she will do the Hula :lol:

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kallo » October 8th, 2017, 11:09 pm

I'd watch her do the Hula. ;) I can picture the others forcing her to do it and her being all cute tsundere about it. :grumpy2:
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

Postby SimbasGuard » October 14th, 2017, 7:28 am

[quote="Kallo"]I'd watch her do the Hula. ;) I can picture the others forcing her to do it and her being all cute tsundere about it. :grumpy2:[/quote]

I could totally see Fuli reacting that way. I wonder if Bunga will try to push her buttons about being dressed like a male lion (I doubt it though) if anything Bunga will just needled Fuli about being dressed as a lion. Knowing Bunga he won't even irritate Fuli on purpose.

SimbasGuard

Postby zerodix » October 14th, 2017, 7:37 pm

yay! this looks so promising! i wonder who else will get into simba cosplay!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Next

Return to The Lion Guard