"The Bite of Kenge" - Season 2 Ep. 11

"The Bite of Kenge" - Season 2 Ep. 11

Postby Panpardus » October 7th, 2017, 10:59 pm

Fresh from the FB page (that I just hapened to stumble upon)!

So the week after "The Ukumbusho Tradition", this guy is going to make his appearance voiced by Game of Thrones actor Kristofer Hivju:

Based on the lines he recorded (http://nerdist.com/game-of-thrones-kris ... ion-guard/) the character's personality sounds like a cross between crocodilian arrogance and a Napoleon complex.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Re: "The Bite of Kenge" - Season 2 Ep. 11

Postby SimbasGuard » October 8th, 2017, 10:41 am

It will be interesting to see what kind of threat Kenge represents or trouble he causes. I also wonder if he will be a villain that lives within The Pride Lands? If that is the case Simba's Pride and The Lion Guard could have to contend with an attack from behind. When and if Scar's army invades.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on October 14th, 2017, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Kallo » October 8th, 2017, 11:12 pm

I already have a pretty strong feeling about how this will go. He'll likely appear as a new villain that the Lion Guard will defeat, but in the end of the episode he'll come across the skinks who'll lead him to join Scar's new army.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby Panpardus » October 12th, 2017, 4:50 am

I'm very interested in seeing if he actually bites somebody other than Bunga, given that monitor lizards as a whole are in fact venomous (as are iguanas, actually, though theirs is pretty mild) and though their venom isn't fatal to large animals, it can be pretty painful to get through without some sort of medical attention. Plus, large rock monitors (Kenge's species I assume, based on the head shape and coloration) have a pretty nasty tail whip, and there's plenty of videos of them casually strolling through and fighting off leopards, curious baboon troupes, and even lion prides by just swatting them with their tails. They're actually kinda badass.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbasGuard » October 14th, 2017, 7:52 am

[quote="Kallo"]I already have a pretty strong feeling about how this will go. He'll likely appear as a new villain that the Lion Guard will defeat, but in the end of the episode he'll come across the skinks who'll lead him to join Scar's new army.[/quote]

That sounds like a great ending.

[quote="Panpardus"]I'm very interested in seeing if he actually bites somebody other than Bunga, given that monitor lizards as a whole are in fact venomous (as are iguanas, actually, though theirs is pretty mild) and though their venom isn't fatal to large animals, it can be pretty painful to get through without some sort of medical attention.[/quote]

Wow if Fuli were to get bitten in the leg that could be a very serious. Fuli would likely have to stay at Pride Rock while she recovered as she would be unable to hunt for herself. (I love the thought of how much it would irritate Zuri that they (even thought she does not hunt) had to hunt for The Cheetah).

[quote="Panpardus"]Plus, large rock monitors (Kenge's species I assume, based on the head shape and coloration) have a pretty nasty tail whip, and there's plenty of videos of them casually strolling through and fighting off leopards, curious baboon troupes, and even lion prides by just swatting them with their tails. They're actually kinda badass.[/quote]

Oh Kenge could prove to be a very formidable villain. This could be an even better episode than i am hoping for.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kallo » October 16th, 2017, 3:38 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]That sounds like a great ending.[/quote]

Hmmm, I dunno. I was actually hoping that I'm wrong in that prediction. It sounds like it'd be a pretty typical ending. And I feel like we already did it once with the recent crocodile episode. I think it'd be for the best to make Kenge his own villain, while still letting him be extremely formidable. Also feel like we need a bit of a break from Scar. At this point seems like he's literally trying to gather up every single one of the Guard's enemies, which I think is just plain silly. Leave some outside his army.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby SimbasGuard » October 22nd, 2017, 9:07 am

[quote="Kallo"]Hmmm, I dunno. I was actually hoping that I'm wrong in that prediction. It sounds like it'd be a pretty typical ending. And I feel like we already did it once with the recent crocodile episode. I think it'd be for the best to make Kenge his own villain, while still letting him be extremely formidable. Also feel like we need a bit of a break from Scar. At this point seems like he's literally trying to gather up every single one of the Guard's enemies, which I think is just plain silly. Leave some outside his army.[/quote]

That is also possible. Scar's plan is to recruit Outlands animals to his army. For one thing Scar had know way of knowing for certain that Kiburi's assassination attempt on Simba would not work. Assuming that the plan did fail (As it actually did) Simba could have passed an actual death sentence on Kiburi and his followers. I just think Scar saw the situation, hatched his plan and had all his bases covered no matter how things turned out.

Being that Scar has Kiburi, Kenge might not be a desirable recruit.

I know I have mentioned this elsewhere, but personally like the idea of Scar's army being as big and formidable as possible. I won't elaborate on why I feel that way so as not to side track this thread ;)

SimbasGuard

Postby JackStover » October 27th, 2017, 9:34 pm

From the press site.

[quote]A ferocious monitor lizard named Kenge bites some of the members of the Lion Guard, temporarily paralyzing them.[/quote]
JackStover

Pride Points: 17

Postby Panpardus » October 27th, 2017, 9:50 pm

Oh my. :-o

I'm guessing this'll fall on Bunga and possibly someone else (probably Beshte and/or Ono) to save the day, if the description and this photo is any indication:

Panpardus

Postby AnonLion » October 28th, 2017, 5:49 am

oh wow that changes things completely! I'm betting Kion and Beshte get bitten, Bunga for sure will be the one to save the day.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Next

Return to The Lion Guard