Do you think Mufasa and Scar ever found Udugu?

Do you think Mufasa and Scar ever found Udugu?

Postby Simba_Lion » October 16th, 2017, 10:17 am

I have always been curious if they ever found Udugu as cubs. Maybe once they used to be real siblings who loved each other and then things happened.

But if so, why did Scar forget Udugu?

I have found a very interesting comic about Mufasa and Scar: https://audreycosmo13.deviantart.com/ga ... ing-Pieces
In my opinion, it's one of the best comics, at least, it's one of my favourites. In the comic, they loved each other first but the grievances in Taka's soul were making him jealous and raising anger in his heart.
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Re: Do you think Mufasa and Scar ever found Udugu?

Postby Elton John » October 16th, 2017, 11:21 am

I remember creating a story in my head.

Scar originally adored his brother. Like Simba and Mufasa, he also had a fiance. One day, she got into an accident and died, Scar had his world shattered. He blamed Mufasa, and thought he was unfit to rule. That anger and hate built up over the years to what he was at the start of the original.

I really have no clue if they found Udugu.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Simba_Lion » October 16th, 2017, 7:22 pm

Interesting story of yours, it can be a version of their past.
Have you read "Missing Pieces"? (the link I added in my previous post)
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » October 16th, 2017, 7:54 pm

Not yet.

I don’t have much time for fan comics anymore. Even ones I previously enjoyed. Have you seen hydracarinas tlk fancomics on da? They’re quite good.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Simba_Lion » October 16th, 2017, 9:11 pm

Yes, I know HydraCarina :) But my favourite - besides Missing Pieves - is "Kiara's regin" by TC-96
Simba_Lion

Postby Panpardus » October 17th, 2017, 5:12 am

I think it's possible that they did, at least insofar as the actual tradition is concerned. Ever since this show came out and we got a decent sense on some of the lore and tradition behind the Lion Guard, I've always head-canonned that Scar had always been jealous of Mufasa's position as crown prince but he didn't actually begin to actively question and resent this order of things until he became active Guard leader as a young adult, allowing the power of the Roar and his more active role in maintaining the Pride Lands to make him think he was indeed becoming more qualified to lead than his brother. Given this, since the Udugu tradition seems to take place when the siblings are still just cubs, I don't think the animosity would've really settled in at that point.

I think the more interesting question is, could they fail to find udugu? What would failing the test mean for the cubs' training? Would there have to be a retest? Is passing the test a requirement for actually becoming king/Guard leader?
Panpardus

Pride Points: 51

Postby AnonLion » October 18th, 2017, 2:32 pm

Considering Kion and Kiara went to find Udugu as cubs it's safe to assume Mufasa and Scar did too, and personally I don't think Scar would resent Mufasa from such an early age, so I actually do think they found it. Later on when Scar grew jealous of Mufasa as he got older he most likely forgot all about Udugu.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Kallo » October 18th, 2017, 5:04 pm

It would be an interesting twist if it was revealed that their parents actually made the decision to never take Mufasa and Scar on the search for Udugu. Perhaps they treated their sons unequally and actually didn't want Mufasa to become close to Scar, because they didn't much care for Scar and wanted Mufasa to become a very regal king and separate himself from his brother as much as possible. That would explain both Mufasa's regality as well as Scar's resentment. I doubt they'll ever do an episode like that, cause it'd be too dark, but I think it would be really awesome if we got a really heartwarming story about them as cubs, and about their brotherhood, with the message that even though their parents didn't want him to, Mufasa still loved Scar very dearly. You could also finally give Scar a "real" name and show on screen how he got his scar and earned his nickname, as well as how he befriended the hyenas. It could fit very well in the story since Rob Minkoff recently stated in an interview that his idea was always that it was Mufasa who accidentally caused the scar, and then gave it to him as a "loving, but kinda mean nickname". It would make for a really strong moment if they showed Mufasa lovingly calling him that, but Scar absolutely despising the nickname.

I do think at some point we'll get an episode about Mufasa and Scar's cubhood, maybe even a two-parter (I REALLY doubt they'd just leave the fanbase hanging like that after all these years, now that they have the chance to show that). But I really doubt it'll get very dark, and that it probably won't even show how Scar descended into the "dark side". Most we'll probably get concerning that subject is how Scar got and lost the Roar. They might even be too scared to go further than that in case it'll ruin all the years of people's theories about what happened.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby Lana_H » October 19th, 2017, 10:50 pm

Very interesting, but I think that answer is no
Lana_H

Pride Points: 0

Postby SimbasGuard » October 25th, 2017, 9:31 am

[quote="Panpardus"]I think the more interesting question is, could they fail to find udugu? What would failing the test mean for the cubs' training? Would there have to be a retest? Is passing the test a requirement for actually becoming king/Guard leader?[/quote]

Well Kion was leading The Guard before this test and Kiara was already in training to become Queen. Before the test as well, I therefore doubt any birthrights could be lost. my guess is, If the test had been failed, The Prince/Princess and Guard Leader would have to spend time training together (in both their fields). In order to learn to appreciate one another's talents that way. Then at some point in the future The Udugu test could be retaken. If failed again, I guess The Pride would just have to hope that Their Ruler and Guard Leader could work together well enough when needed.

[quote="Kallo"]I really doubt it'll get very dark, and that it probably won't even show how Scar descended into the "dark side". Most we'll probably get concerning that subject is how Scar got and lost the Roar. They might even be too scared to go further than that in case it'll ruin all the years of people's theories about what happened.[/quote]

Getting a Canon story of how Scar got his (or became) Scar would be awesome. I doubt Disney even cares about fan-theories. I just would not be a fan of (I'll just use the Sub-canon names we have for them) Ahadi And Uru being awesome parents to Mufasa and horrible parents to Scar. In my mind it gives Scar an excuse for the evil he did. I feel that weakens him as a character and especially as a villain. Scar (for whatever reason) wanted what his brother had. He chose the path of evil as his means to get it. Technically the show has already laid the ground work for The Roar being what corrupted Scar (I think it was just the final push he needed to take that first set toward Evil). Therefore I think you are right that if we get a Scar-centric episode it will be about his experience with The Roar.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Next

Return to The Lion Guard