The Lion Guard: Timon and Pumbaa’s Christmas

Re: The Lion Guard: Timon and Pumbaa’s Christmas

Postby JackStover » December 6th, 2017, 2:38 am

Every time I think it can't get worse, it gets worse. Now I fully expect the real Santa, who is human, will show up at the end of the episode.

I don't blame the people who made the show. The writers. The storyboard artists. They're just doing their jobs. This was likely a corporate decision. But that doesn't mean I have to be happy about any of it.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby Elton John » December 6th, 2017, 2:53 am

I agree that this episode feels corporate mandated.

It feels so out of place, not just within tlg but the rest of the franchise too.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby escobea1 » December 6th, 2017, 3:29 am

I look forward to seeing this. Christmas in the Pridelands seems lovely.
escobea1

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby zerodix » December 6th, 2017, 4:24 pm

Besides a few great episodes, most of season 2 wasn't half of the quality we had in season 1. Zuri and Tiifu were almost NEVER in an episode, why have 2 lioness characters if they're not going to develop them into anything? Kovu did not return, nor did any Outlanders. They came up with all this new reptile characters that made no sense... come on, how hard could it be to make a season work a little bit? Now they put christmas in the Pridelands? Please don't make them wear santa-hats, I will die cringing.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Elton John » December 6th, 2017, 5:54 pm

season 2 on average has been better than s1 except for a few standout s1 episodes.

and less tiifu and zuri is a good thing unless they plan on giving them personalities beyond the one note stereotypes they have. Which at this point I doubt.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JackStover » December 6th, 2017, 6:13 pm

[quote="Elton John"]season 2 on average has been better than s1 except for a few standout s1 episodes.

and less tiifu and zuri is a good thing unless they plan on giving them personalities beyond the one note stereotypes they have. Which at this point I doubt.[/quote]
They may be stereotypes, but they're fun stereotypes. I like them. Honestly, they probably have just as much personality as Kiara in this show, which just goes to show how little they use Kiara.

This Chirstmas episode will be the 12th episode of the season, I believe. Assuming we get 26 episodes again, there are 14 episodes remaining. But there could be 13, if they count The Rise Of Scar as two episodes.
JackStover

Pride Points: 17

Postby Elton John » December 6th, 2017, 6:51 pm

I’ve never been fond of the prissy valley girl character personality trope.

Except for Cher in Clueless. Clueless was such a good movie...
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Elton John » December 8th, 2017, 9:29 am

I just watched the episode.

Not as terrible as I thought it would be but still not good.

I can’t see myself ever rewatching this one.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby escobea1 » December 8th, 2017, 9:31 am

I just saw the christmas episode and thought it was delightful.

Pumbaa and Timon were sweet.

Seeing the animals care so much for Simba and Bunga's adoptive parents was heartwarming. Bravo to Riley and crew.
escobea1

Pride Points: 8

Postby Panpardus » December 8th, 2017, 10:48 am

Still eye-rolled through the majority of it, but it certainly could've been executed worse. The antics during "The Twelve Ways of Christmas" were entertaining and I think it's the first musical number in the show that actually employed a full orchestra, so I'll give it that.

But my, Kion's singing voice is definitely starting to get some bass! :lol:
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard