The Lion Guard: Timon and Pumbaa’s Christmas

Re: The Lion Guard: Timon and Pumbaa’s Christmas

Postby SimbasGuard » November 5th, 2017, 2:00 pm

[quote="Kallo"]Because they wanna make sure people KNOW it'll involve characters from The Lion Guard, and it's a good way to capitalise on the show's success. If it WAS in continuity, then why would it be especially titled "The Lion Guard: Timon and Pumbaa's Christmas", when it could be just another Lion Guard episode.[/quote]

Excellent point.

[quote="Kallo"]I think it's pointless to worry about it at this point, either way. We don't know how they'll handle it yet. If it IS in continuity and they royally screw it up, then we can complain. Though, personally, if that is the case I will rather just ignore it ever happened.[/quote]

I'm not worried, I always look forward to the next Lion Guard episode. Like you said they want to capitalize on the show's success, not make it lose popularity.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby zerodix » November 9th, 2017, 4:45 pm

wow. i typed a whole reaction in here and it just dissapeared after I pushed the reply button :/ I am not going to write down that story again. Well, what my point was.. i see a lot of speculation, that almost for sure will lead to dissapoinment if these are expectations you take with you when this episode airs. I think that the lower your expectations are, the better. I fear we will see no more Kovu, outlanders or Jasiri, even though it would have been amazing if they did a song or what together. Season 2 has lost the spark that season 1 had, and I fear that it will cost them viewers.
I will watch the episode with an open mind and no expectations at all.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Panpardus » November 10th, 2017, 12:18 am

I mean, if they're gonna go all-for it, I personally feel that the best thing to do would be to have Timon and Pumbaa basically do their version of that Family Guy Christmas episode, the one where Santa's all decrepit and they have to fill in for him on Christmas Eve and end up seriously bungling the whole thing.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbasGuard » November 12th, 2017, 12:35 pm

I'm not dead certain that Santa Claus will be a part of this special, but I'm not worried. Even the more serious T.V. shows have at least referenced (that there at least might be a Santa Claus. Although, it is more likely that they with stick with the no humans in the world of The Lion King policy.

The Lion Guard Wiki shared this post form Ford Riley's Twitter:

If the images are from this episode. I think things look very interesting.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Panpardus » November 12th, 2017, 9:11 pm

It looks interesting indeed, because those are red pandas throughout those images which are not found in Africa, but rather the Himalayas, which also explains the snow leopard character that Bunga is riding in one picture. (Although the African leopards in the regular show look too much like snow leopards to me anyway.)

So if these are indeed at least concept art from the Christmas episode, it has to be asked why the Guard is in the Himalayan mountains, or vice versa, why are East Asian animals in an African mountain range? (Santa Claus...?)
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Elton John » November 12th, 2017, 9:32 pm

I am reminded of the woodland critter christmas episode of south park.

So now the guard will learn to ‘hail satan’ and such?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » November 13th, 2017, 9:18 am

[quote="Panpardus"]It looks interesting indeed, because those are red pandas throughout those images which are not found in Africa, but rather the Himalayas, which also explains the snow leopard character that Bunga is riding in one picture. (Although the African leopards in the regular show look too much like snow leopards to me anyway.)[/quote]

Yeah that is why I am so very interested in this episode. As for the Arfrican Leopards, I agree, I assume they didn't want there to be any confusion for the target audience, between The Leopards and Fuli. However they could have at least made The Leopards a darker shade of yellow, without making them as yellow as Fuli.

[quote="Panpardus"]So if these are indeed at least concept art from the Christmas episode, it has to be asked why the Guard is in the Himalayan mountains, or vice versa, why are East Asian animals in an African mountain range? (Santa Claus...?)[/quote].

I didn't consider that The Red Panda and The Snow Leopard might be in Africa :-o

I don't think Santa Clause would send them there unless King Sokwe needs The Lion Guard's help for some reason and The Lion Guard needs operatives that are better suited to operate in the snow considering what happened to Kion last time.

I seriously doubt that Santa Clause would be what brings these foreign animals into another country. I think it could be something like this:

On Christmas Eve Great Kings of the Past from other countries are allowed to contact one another for help. A Tiger King (Or should I say Emperor ;) ) of The Past contacts Mufasa for help in a matter in The Himalayas. Mufasa is able to send The Lion Guard via magic that can only be used on Christmas.

I know (and by know I mean I checked Wikipedia) that Tigers do not live in The Himalayas, but if The animals of Asia were to have A King it would be a Tiger. As Tigers are considered The King of Beasts in Asia.

[quote="Elton John"]I am reminded of the woodland critter christmas episode of south park.

So now the guard will learn to ‘hail satan’ and such?[/quote]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :roar:

:lol: Seriously I can guaranty that. Will not be the Episodes song :kiongrin:

SimbasGuard

Postby zerodix » November 13th, 2017, 5:27 pm

it has a snow leopard. i will watch this. but these animals on the picture are asian, not african. or are they doing a Madagascar like thing?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Kallo » November 15th, 2017, 9:34 am

[quote="Panpardus"](Although the African leopards in the regular show look too much like snow leopards to me anyway.)[/quote]

[quote="SimbasGuard"]As for the Arfrican Leopards, I agree, I assume they didn't want there to be any confusion for the target audience, between The Leopards and Fuli. However they could have at least made The Leopards a darker shade of yellow, without making them as yellow as Fuli.[/quote]

In real life, some leopards are darker shade, but they can also be surprisingly light-shaded. Many are actually super white, to the point of being the same colour as darker-shaded snow leopards. I think they have the leopards' colours pretty correct in the show. If anything, they actually made Fuli far too yellow compared to real cheetahs. Real-life cheetahs' fur is generally more "golden" than that of a leopard's, but not by very much. Love Fuli of course, but she has probably the least realistic colour design in the show.

Btw, did it cross anybody's mind that this episode might just be in some complete fantasy land, even within the series? Could be anything from Timon & Pumbaa telling a story, to a character having a dream or something.
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

Postby SimbasGuard » November 15th, 2017, 10:29 pm

[quote="Kallo"]Btw, did it cross anybody's mind that this episode might just be in some complete fantasy land, even within the series? Could be anything from Timon & Pumbaa telling a story, to a character having a dream or something.[/quote]

Definitely, but at the same time a gag like that at the end does not fit with the spirit of the season. Unless they start the episode off with Timon and Pumbaa telling the story. That way if turns out to be not what actually happened. It won't be a huge disappointment.

SimbasGuard

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard