Should Some Villains Refuse Scar? If So, Who?

Should Some Villains Refuse Scar? If So, Who?

Postby JackStover » November 9th, 2017, 10:56 pm

I know a lot of the "exiled" creatures have little incentive to support the status quo, but Scar's comments a few episodes back about wanting to recruit the jackals got me thinking. Shouldn't some of the show's established villains refuse Scar's offer? Scar wasn't exactly a great leader for the pride lands, and even the hyena's were having trouble finding food at the end of his reign. I get that Janja is short-sighted and gullible, but would Reirei actually want to join him? Scar doesn't seem to mesh well with "jackal style", and despite being a villain, she mainly is looking after her family and trying to feed her kids. I think it would be pretty cool if the jackals actually refused to work with him, or were maybe coerced into it instead.

I could also see the vultures refusing, as the circle of life actually benefits them. I know they want more, but I'm pretty sure they still have a steady supply of carrion even if they don't always get what they want.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Re: Should Some Villains Refuse Scar? If So, Who?

Postby SimbasGuard » November 12th, 2017, 12:12 pm

I think it is very possible that Reirei might refuse Scar initially, but you're right. I doubt Scar will take no for an answer. Reirei has a lot of pups and even with more adult Jackals that we originally knew about. I doubt all of them could be kept under protective watch :evil:

This raises another interesting question. If the Jackals are forced into Scar's army, will Reirei try to go to The Lion Guard for help? She would have to know they would not believe her. Especially with a story that consists of "Kion! The spirit of your Great-Uncle Scar is forming an army to invade The Pride Lands and he forced my family to join him. The Lion Guard has to help us." A lie would sound more convincing.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on November 14th, 2017, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby zerodix » November 14th, 2017, 11:26 am

i think the jackalls. it is a shame that they come up with all these reptilian characters when we had so many neat villains in the first season, like makucha, reirei and goigoi, and more. now they give us lizards and stuff.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Kallo » November 15th, 2017, 12:09 am

I think Reirei and the jackals are likable enough that maybe they should be reformed eventually. I think Reirei is definitely a character who wouldn't be so gullible as to immediately fall under Scar's orders. However, I think she's also cowardly enough that given enough pressure, she'd be too afraid to refuse Scar. I think the best way to do it would be that they'd be scared under Scar's rule, but wouldn't really like to be there. And then they'd eventually betray him in some way and be reformed.

As far as some villains outright refusing to go under Scar's rule, and never doing so, I definitely think we need some of that in the show too. I think Kenge and Makucha are definitely characters who are so independent, egotistical and such loners they'd never go under Scar's rule.
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

Postby SimbasGuard » November 15th, 2017, 9:58 pm

[quote="Kallo"]I think Reirei and the jackals are likable enough that maybe they should be reformed eventually. I think Reirei is definitely a character who wouldn't be so gullible as to immediately fall under Scar's orders. However, I think she's also cowardly enough that given enough pressure, she'd be too afraid to refuse Scar. I think the best way to do it would be that they'd be scared under Scar's rule, but wouldn't really like to be there. And then they'd eventually betray him in some way and be reformed.[/quote]

Interesting. I had thought that Jasiri would be the one to find out about Scar, but I wonder if Reirei could tip off Jasiri about Scar. Although As far as we know Reirei does not even know Jasiri.

[quote="Kallo"]As far as some villains outright refusing to go under Scar's rule, and never doing so, I definitely think we need some of that in the show too. I think Kenge and Makucha are definitely characters who are so independent, egotistical and such loners they'd never go under Scar's rule.[/quote]

I thought about Scar trying to recruiter Makucha, but Makucha is not an Outlander. Although you are right about Makucha refusing Scar's offer. He would have to be shown what would be in it for him to make him want to join a group.

Kenge is a tougher call, I don't know if his first series of battles with The Lion Guard pushed him to the point of wanting revenge enough to join Scar. I assumed he had already joined Scar, but he could have just been helping at Ushari's request. I also did not take into account how someone with issues about his stature. Would not want to bow to anyone.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kallo » November 16th, 2017, 6:11 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]Interesting. I had thought that Jasiri would be the one to find out about Scar, but I wonder if Reirei could tip off Jasiri about Scar. Although As far as we know Reirei does not even know Jasiri.[/quote]

I was thinking something more along the lines that Reirei would first be working for Scar. But in the climax of the storyline (probably at the end of the season), while there was a battle going on in the Pridelands or something against Scar's army, Reirei would be ordered on a key-part of the mission. But at that point she'd finally decide to stop working for Scar and end up not going through with her mission, ruining Scar's plan.

But I doubt Reirei would ever be reformed. I'd like to see it happen, though. But only to a certain degree. I'd still ike there to be this slight tension between them and the Guard afterwards.
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

Postby SimbasGuard » November 17th, 2017, 12:01 am

[quote="Kallo"]I was thinking something more along the lines that Reirei would first be working for Scar. But in the climax of the storyline (probably at the end of the season), while there was a battle going on in the Pridelands or something against Scar's army, Reirei would be ordered on a key-part of the mission. But at that point she'd finally decide to stop working for Scar and end up not going through with her mission, ruining Scar's plan.[/quote]

Interesting idea, very dramatic as well :thumbsup:

[quote="Kallo"]But I doubt Reirei would ever be reformed. I'd like to see it happen, though. But only to a certain degree. I'd still ike there to be this slight tension between them and the Guard afterwards.[/quote]

Being (somewhat) honorable villains, is a concept that could easily work for The Jackals.

SimbasGuard

Postby Miku » March 8th, 2018, 4:27 pm

[quote="Kallo"]I think Reirei and the jackals are likable enough that maybe they should be reformed eventually. I think Reirei is definitely a character who wouldn't be so gullible as to immediately fall under Scar's orders. However, I think she's also cowardly enough that given enough pressure, she'd be too afraid to refuse Scar. I think the best way to do it would be that they'd be scared under Scar's rule, but wouldn't really like to be there. And then they'd eventually betray him in some way and be reformed.[/quote]

That is a really good idea. I would actually like it if Scar got some kind of closure from this, rather than being defeated and just gone again. He doesn't have to turn good, but maybe after his plans have failed over and over, when he is utterly defeated and giving up, he finally meets with Kion. Maybe Kion is the one to talk to Scar and reach some kind of understanding (it would be amazing if we had some flashbacks to when he and Mufasa were young) and Scar decides to leave the Pridelands alone, maybe in a smug sense he admits defeat, and he is last seen in cloud formation heading to the sky to become one of the Lions of the Past.

This way, Kion would have saved the Pridelands, Scar would not return because he no longer wants vengeance, and everyone would have the closure they wanted.
Please check out my Lion Guard Videos on Youtube, for Lion Guard theories, news, reviews, and even redesigned characters!

https://youtu.be/nDk76R6rxh4
Miku

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Return to The Lion Guard