New episode ‘The Morning Report’ on January 8th.

Re: New episode ‘The Morning Report’ on January 8th.

Postby SimbasGuard » January 7th, 2018, 2:31 am

[quote="Panpardus"]Zazu getting interrogated by hyenas again sounds interesting. A nice little Scar meet-up would be a most interesting reunion as well...[/quote]

I don't think Scar would want to reveal himself to Zazu, although if Scar intends to kill Zazu that could be a possibility. That would then alert the heroes to Scar being active. This episode will mark the halfway point of the season so Scar finally being found out could actually happen.

I also wonder if Janja and company will find a Birdie Boiler to put Zazu in?
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Hatari05 » January 8th, 2018, 1:12 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"][quote="Panpardus"]Zazu getting interrogated by hyenas again sounds interesting. A nice little Scar meet-up would be a most interesting reunion as well...[/quote]

I don't think Scar would want to reveal himself to Zazu, although if Scar intends to kill Zazu that could be a possibility. That would then alert the heroes to Scar being active. This episode will mark the halfway point of the season so Scar finally being found out could actually happen.

I also wonder if Janja and company will find a Birdie Boiler to put Zazu in?[/quote]

That's definitely a possibility half way point in the seasons are usually the turning point, never roar again was originally about half way into the season around episode 15 if I recall and it was the first real shift to far darker and heavier material than the series tackled before. So this being where Scar is revealed is definitely a possibility.

I think being a former king and spirit it would be cool if Scar was able communicate with Kion acting as a dark version of Mufasa, which could really play up the parallels between them and Kion's fear of becoming him. I do think they should reveal Scar to the guard soon, because things will get much more intriguing once the guard and Kion know about him.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby SimbasGuard » January 8th, 2018, 9:33 am

[quote="Hatari05"]That's definitely a possibility half way point in the seasons are usually the turning point, never roar again was originally about half way into the season around episode 15 if I recall and it was the first real shift to far darker and heavier material than the series tackled before. So this being where Scar is revealed is definitely a possibility.

I think being a former king and spirit it would be cool if Scar was able communicate with Kion acting as a dark version of Mufasa, which could really play up the parallels between them and Kion's fear of becoming him. I do think they should reveal Scar to the guard soon, because things will get much more intriguing once the guard and Kion know about him.[/quote]

Interesting idea about Scar being able to basically torment Kion psychologically, but if he were to do that I think it would draw Mufasa's notice. I'm rather surprised that Scar has managed to stay off The Great Kings' radar thus far. Although if Scar is not soon revealed his army will be able to attack The Pride Lands completely by Surprise. (Barring some kind of last second warning from Jasiri) I don't know how The Pride Lands would fend off such a large scale attack if caught completely unaware. I know there is a season 3, but I doubt they would be willing to end season 2 on a cliffhanger.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby JackStover » January 8th, 2018, 9:51 am

Episode is out. It was alright, but the plot still hasn't gone anywhere. The flashback was cute, though.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby Elton John » January 8th, 2018, 1:30 pm

best new episode in a while

the plot hasn’t gone anywhere but there were plenty of cute moments in the flashback, the song had purpose, and it’s about bloody time zazu had his own episode.

And during the song zazu sings ‘at night Simba does as he please’ and it shows imagery of Simba and Nala walking out of the den at night.Alone. Maybe its just that my mind is filthy but did they just make a sex joke?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TTB-Kun » January 8th, 2018, 1:39 pm

[quote="Elton John"]
And during the song zazu sings ‘at night Simba does as he please’ and it shows imagery of Simba and Nala walking out of the den at night.Alone. Maybe its just that my mind is filthy but did they just make a sex joke?[/quote]
I don't think was the meaning of that, but one can imagine that is a possibility? :lol:

anyway i agree, the flashback and the son were cute, i love when we can see slices of life of the royal family

We also saw 2 scenes from the first movie re-imagined in tlg style, cub simba with the leaf mane and the roar at top of pride rock at the end of the movie

Also, Simba hunts, that's a surprise
TTB-Kun

Pride Points: 11

Postby Panpardus » January 8th, 2018, 2:10 pm

Interesting episode, to me, not so much for what happens - nothing particularly important or amusing that you don't already know about if you've read the basic synopsis - but rather the flashbacks, none of which had anything to do with Zazu's backstory, unfortunately. It was weird seeing specific points from The Lion King redone more in the style of The Lion Guard; cub Simba looked good, but seeing that shot of him as an adult on Pride Rock compared to his regular Lion Guard model only seconds later was to me very jarring, and now I can't help but wonder why they got the model "wrong" in the first place if they clearly were willing to go through the trouble of making a whole new model for a pretty pointless 'cameo' that barely lasted three seconds... (Speaking of pointless new models, pointless baby Fuli cameo in the flashback scene is pointless and is inconsistent with characters' ages relative to each other, but I'll just overlook that for now.) That said, it was interesting seeing how the 'feud' between Makuu and Kion started.

Otherwise, the song and rescue fight scene are both pretty run-of-the-mill, and it has possibly one of the strangest and most rushed uses of the Roar I've yet seen. Also, am I the only one who thought the torture scene was a bit drawn out? I mean, they play it to a somewhat comedic effect because it's Zazu and the hyenas - missing a chance to make a "birdie boiler" reference - but still, in context, it's kinda scary when you think about it, being burned to the point that you apparently start to smell cooked...
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby AnonLion » January 8th, 2018, 6:16 pm

Not much happened plot wise but it was still a fun episode. The flashback was adorable and I really appreciate how Zazu has taken care of the royal family for so long, going from babysitting Simba to Kion. I also really liked how amazingly brave and unimpressed Zazu is with the hyenas, and it makes sense considering he's gone through so much messed up stuff before that Janja almost seems like a joke. The song was fun, and Zazu talking about random useless trivia of Simba was really clever and fun to watch. I do agree that although watching two movie scenes in TLG style was nice it still felt bittersweet because adult Simba looked amazing yet the actual in-show model doesn't look as great.

Very nice episode, I'll definitely give it another watch.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby zerodix » January 9th, 2018, 12:06 am

we had infant bunga, infant kion.. and now behold: infant fuli! who is adorable as woosch :D
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Lynx » January 9th, 2018, 2:06 am

I need screenshots of 'em for sure!
Lynx

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard