The Golden Zebra

The Golden Zebra

Postby AnonLion » January 6th, 2018, 4:46 am

A preview of the episode that includes a bit of the song was just released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaJ4dIG5ozU

Also the synopsis of the episode is out along with ones for The Morning Report, The Little Guy and Divide and Conquer.

http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/the-lion ... gs/891685/
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Re: The Golden Zebra

Postby SimbasGuard » January 6th, 2018, 10:02 am

Looks like a good episode. We get to see another kingdom outside of The Pride Lands (I assume).

It sounds like Divide and Conquer will not be what I thought it would be about, but it still sounds like a great episode.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Panpardus » January 6th, 2018, 11:41 am

I like the vocal arrangements in the little clip they put out, although there's one particular chord when they say "Dhahabu" in the chorus that sounds off to me. I think it's more because the lower harmonies are louder than the lead voicing rather than a wrong chord. Anyway, I'm being musically nit-picky; if Dhahabu (Reneé Elise Goldsberry) actually sings on this, it could be a solid good song for me just by her performance alone, as long as her lyrics aren't too cheesy.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the male zebra character looks kind of like llama Kuzco from The Emperor's New Groove?
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby zerodix » January 9th, 2018, 12:06 am

i love the fact that the zebra is going to be golden, since i am a huge fan of things that are golden. like golden retrievers and stuff. the song seems nice, let's hope that there will be more nice songs to come!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby JackStover » January 9th, 2018, 9:38 am

It's out. It was decent. I liked that Steve Blum returned as that leopard again. I'll always love his voice.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby Elton John » January 9th, 2018, 11:13 am

A decent filler episode. Glad they brought back Makucha.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby AnonLion » January 9th, 2018, 6:30 pm

For a filler episode it was good. It was nice to see Makucha again, and for a moment I thought he'd end up joining Scar at the end of the episode, but for now we can only wait and see if the leopards do decide to join him.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Elton John » January 9th, 2018, 7:13 pm

also this is the first episode to mention the backlands? An area outside of the pridelands that Simba has no control over, but unlike the outlands it doesn’t seem like a completely terrible place to live.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » January 10th, 2018, 12:47 pm

[quote="Elton John"]also this is the first episode to mention the backlands? An area outside of the pridelands that Simba has no control over, but unlike the outlands it doesn’t seem like a completely terrible place to live.[/quote]

No "The Trouble With Galagos" introduced us to The Back Lands as well as Badili

I liked seeing Makucha again as well as finding out that he has friends that aren't Mapigano.

Bunga's Crush on Dhahabu was underplayed, I think this was a good thing. I also thought it was funny that Bunga actually thought Simba was sending The Lion Guard to take over Dhahabu waterhole.

The Back Lands don't seem to have been hit as hard by the dry season.

Fuli was so cute at the end with her reluctant celebration.

[quote="AnonLion"]It was nice to see Makucha again, and for a moment I thought he'd end up joining Scar at the end of the episode, but for now we can only wait and see if the leopards do decide to join him.[/quote]

Perhaps it is a simultaneous attack from The Back Lands and The Outlands that forces The Lion Guard to fight on two fronts in Divide and conquer?
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby zerodix » January 10th, 2018, 4:01 pm

Makucha has a clan! That was a nice surprise, I also loved the cheerfull Dhahabu, kind of like the popular cheerleader girl, but she feels responible for her friends and turns out to be a good leader with courage in the end. That song was so catchy. I might watch this episode again, it was nice and cute :)
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Return to The Lion Guard