Rani the new lioness

Rani the new lioness

Postby AnonLion » January 10th, 2018, 5:52 am

An interview with Elizabeth Peyton Lee (the actress for Andi in Andi Mack) revealed that she will be voicing a new character in the Lion Guard, Rani, a young lioness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W4E8Fl1234

Rani is the leader of the Night Pride, and to me it sounds like a group that maybe has similar goals to the Lion Guard but maybe from another territory? Either way it's immensely refreshing to see we'll see other lion cubs besides Tiifu, Zuri and Kiara. I'm also really curious as to how her relationship with Kion will be, will it be romantic? of rivalry? or maybe just friendship?

Either way I'm really looking forward to the episode she's introduced.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Re: Rani the new lioness

Postby TTB-Kun » January 10th, 2018, 8:40 am

is she a cub or an adult? how can she be the leader of a pride not beeing adult yet? :?
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby Elton John » January 10th, 2018, 9:06 am

maybe she’s the daughter of the lead male, and that lead male died?
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » January 10th, 2018, 1:23 pm

I think my Kion/Vitani ship might have met it's iceberg.

It makes more sense to me that The Night Pride is, a strike force (like AnonLion said) somewhat similar to The Lion Guard, but more offensive rather than defensive. I could see Rani's relationship with Kion starting as adversarial. Then (like AnonLion said) developing into a rivalry, a friendship, and eventually a romance. I am very interested in seeing how Fuli, Simba, Nala, Kiara, and The rest of The Lion Guard react to this if the story goes in this direction.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on January 20th, 2018, 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Panpardus » January 10th, 2018, 3:02 pm

This is a very interesting development.

Rani (and presumably the Night Pride) are apparently slated to appear in 7-9 episodes of the third season, so she's probably going to be important for wrapping up Kion's story. (Assuming the third season is the last one of the series.) I'm not sure how people are gleaning the angle regarding the Night Pride being the equivalent of the Guard for a separate pride. I'm assuming they're just another pride, maybe a more nomadic group that has fallen on hard times - hence a seeming adolescent as the group's leader and the line "he didn't leave us with much of a choice" - and moves into the Back Lands or something.

I like her design: https://img00.deviantart.net/ffc3/i/201 ... bzhbzm.png
and if you notice, her proportions and stated position as "leader" of her pride makes me think she's an adolescent about Nuka's age, which in turn makes me wonder if this means that they'll age up Kion and the other lion cubs next season, especially if she's slated to end up being a romantic interest. That said, I can still see her overall arc with Kion starting out somewhat adversarial.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby zerodix » January 10th, 2018, 4:05 pm

I love her design, she looks like a teenager, but on another forum most people expect her to be an adult (pleeez let her be young enough to be Kions love interest, it would make such great plushies and stuffs) and fanart. and fanfic. is anything known about when season 3 starts off?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Aelwen » January 10th, 2018, 7:56 pm

I really, really doubt they will age Kion or any other characters. This is a very cheap show and they will likely keep all models "as are" until the end.
Aging Kion means aging Kiara, Tiifu and Zuri too.

99% the characters will stay the same.

I like Rani's design but as she lioness we have no visible markers of how old she is.
Aelwen

Pride Points: 1

Postby zerodix » January 11th, 2018, 1:08 pm

I also don't think they will age Kion, but I would love to see him having a crush on Rani, since every character should have a counterpart. I like the personality describtion. as a strong lioness.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby gothprincesskiara » January 11th, 2018, 9:30 pm

I just heard Rani will be in season 3
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SimbasGuard » January 13th, 2018, 2:32 pm

[quote="Panpardus"]I'm not sure how people are gleaning the angle regarding the Night Pride being the equivalent of the Guard for a separate pride. I'm assuming they're just another pride, maybe a more nomadic group that has fallen on hard times - hence a seeming adolescent as the group's leader and the line "he didn't leave us with much of a choice" - and moves into the Back Lands or something.[/quote]

It just made sense to me that because Rani is so young that she would not yet be Queen of her own pride. Although any of the reasons you have mentioned could be the reason for that. I also think if The Night Pride is just an actual Pride. It would eliminate the potential for Rani to be used all that much. If Rani is The Queen of her own Pride, they should have there own territory. Why would they then even come to The Pride Lands Multiple times (Even if they are nomadic)?

[quote="Panpardus"]Rani (and presumably the Night Pride) are apparently slated to appear in 7-9 episodes of the third season, so she's probably going to be important for wrapping up Kion's story. (Assuming the third season is the last one of the series.)

I like her design: https://img00.deviantart.net/ffc3/i/201 ... bzhbzm.png
and if you notice, her proportions and stated position as "leader" of her pride makes me think she's an adolescent about Nuka's age, which in turn makes me wonder if this means that they'll age up Kion and the other lion cubs next season, especially if she's slated to end up being a romantic interest. That said, I can still see her overall arc with Kion starting out somewhat adversarial.[/quote]

I have a feeling she will be Kion's age because I don't think that they would introduce a new lioness that wouldn't be a potential love interest for Kion. However just because they introduce a love interest for Kion, that in no way signals the end of the series. It just shows us a very real way that they could end the series and provide an explanation as to where Kion (and The Lion Guard) were in the 2nt half of Lion King 2. Rani's introduction, even as a love interest for Kion. Does not even guarantee that Kion will wind up with Rani when they are older (He says not believing it for an instant. As he holds out some pathetic hope that Kion And Vitani might still wind up together...somehow).

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]I just heard Rani will be in season 3[/quote]

Yeah I am loving season 2 so far and now I already can't wait for season 3. I guess that is a good quandary to be in 8-) :? :exasperated:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion Guard