episode 15 ‘the little guy’

episode 15 ‘the little guy’

Postby Elton John » January 10th, 2018, 9:54 am

Not too much to discuss on this one. An ok filler episode. Had some decently animated fight scenes, got kinda violent.

What most surprised me was how Kion used his claws for a split second near the end.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: episode 15 ‘the little guy’

Postby JackStover » January 10th, 2018, 10:33 am

It wasn't bad, but I've been really disappointed by this season. It's like they wanted to commit to an overall story and have continuity between episodes, but were too afraid to actually do anything with it.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby Elton John » January 10th, 2018, 10:44 am

At least they tried.

It does feel like this season is going nowhere. I was more tolerant 10 episodes in but by 15 in I thought they’d do something new with the scar plotline.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TTB-Kun » January 10th, 2018, 12:03 pm

that's how this shows works, we're just lucky enough that an overall story do exist, fillers are inevitable.

The song in this episode was cringy tho
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby Elton John » January 10th, 2018, 12:49 pm

The song was bad, but I liked how he did the moonwalk!
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Panpardus » January 10th, 2018, 3:54 pm

I liked it a lot more than I was expecting to, actually; my initial thought was that it was going to be worthless filler with an annoying focus character, but it wasn't quite that. I know not a lot is happening on the Scar front - if they do anything with it this season then I guess it won't be until the last few episodes - but of all the subplots going on right now, I feel the most invested in the Makuu vs. Kiburi feud, probably because it works well on its own, Scar or no Scar. In that respect, I thought it was a good episode; appropriately brutal action sequences (the first time on this show that someone's actually been visibly injured by a rockslide!) and the Roar felt earned.

And while it wasn't as catchy as "Fabulous Dhahabu", I actually don't think the song was bad. Unmemorable yes, because I don't remember anything about how it sounded, but it wasn't bad. It's more or less the same feeling I had with most of the songs late season 1.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby zerodix » January 10th, 2018, 4:00 pm

at the beginning of the episode, I thought the message would be "you don't need the approval of others to feel good about who you are" but then it all happened :P liked the episode, though. i had fun watching it, and it had a psychological vibe with them manipulating poor Hodari (who looked different than i expected) I think I will turn around my opinion on this season, I am growing to like it!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby AnonLion » January 10th, 2018, 9:02 pm

I enjoyed this episode more than I thought I would. I'm also really surprised that at this point I actually like Makuu as a leader, but that's character development for you. Easily what I liked the most of the episode were the fight scenes. I absolutely adore seeing Kion fight like a lion (using his claws, baring his fangs) instead of just pushing animals.

However it's been 10 episodes since the Rise of Scar and we've yet to see any major progress on that. What about his army? His plans? And when will the Guard know of Scar's return? I really hope the plot doesn't continue until the very end of the season.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby KionIsGay » January 11th, 2018, 11:59 am

Hodari is freaking adorable.
KionIsGay

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby SimbasGuard » January 13th, 2018, 1:23 pm

[quote="JackStover"]It wasn't bad, but I've been really disappointed by this season. It's like they wanted to commit to an overall story and have continuity between episodes, but were too afraid to actually do anything with it.[/quote]

[quote="Elton John"]At least they tried.

It does feel like this season is going nowhere. I was more tolerant 10 episodes in but by 15 in I thought they’d do something new with the scar plotline.[/quote]

[quote="TTB-Kun"]that's how this shows works, we're just lucky enough that an overall story do exist, [/quote]

I know we are more than halfway through the season, but the fact that Kiburi and his crocodiles were in this episode shows us that this episode is not just mere filler. We now know how Kiburi and his float are surviving in The Outlands. This is also the first tine we have seen The Lion Guard and Makuu's Float fight alongside one another. That may not be a major plot point, but I can see the significance of it. I figured that if that time came when Simba's Pride would need allies that Makuu's Float would be a likely ally, but they may actually be trusted allies by the time they are needed.

For an episode that I thought would be lighthearted and not have anything at all to do with the overarching story. This episode surprised me with how good it was.

[quote="AnonLion"]what I liked the most of the episode were the fight scenes. I absolutely adore seeing Kion fight like a lion (using his claws, baring his fangs) instead of just pushing animals.[/quote]

:-o How did I overlook that. :exasperated:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Next

Return to The Lion Guard