"Divide and Conquer" Season 2 Ep. 16

"Divide and Conquer" Season 2 Ep. 16

Postby Panpardus » January 11th, 2018, 9:30 am

Don't have time to write a 'full' review right now, but I just watched the episode and noticed there's no thread for it yet. Let's just say that I think you'll like this one...
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Re: "Divide and Conquer" Season 2 Ep. 16

Postby Elton John » January 11th, 2018, 9:34 am

ya.

just saw it.

about bloody time that the plot of the season is seemingly moving forward.

outside of the fart joke the episode was fairly decent.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby JackStover » January 11th, 2018, 9:38 am

I have mixed feelings. The Jackals joined Scar with little fanfare. I had really hoped that Reirei would have been smart enough to stay out of all of this. I know she's pretty much the only other established villain with an "army", but her army is mostly children - her children - and her actions never seemed excessively evil. Also, Kion sees Scar, and you can't say he didn't see him because Scar is huge, but he kept it to himself and didn't tell the others. Perhaps it could be argued that Kion doesn't have a good idea of what Scar actually looked like, but if that were the case, he still should have told the others that he saw something.

I'm glad something happened. I liked the action. But parts of it just rubbed me the wrong way.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby TTB-Kun » January 11th, 2018, 10:21 am

something something plot... so now we must go through another bunch of filler episodes to see something new again.
Ah, also Hiatus... yeee :(

Anyway, the episode was good imho, top half of my ranking for sure, i loved to see rafiki fighting and at first it was totally like in the first movie, nice reference.
regarding scar i don't think kion realized it was him talking with janja, he has no clue about his return so certanly that was not the first thing jumped at his mind, he also saw him just for a split second
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby zerodix » January 11th, 2018, 12:15 pm

did reirei and goigoi's pups grow up? that was the first thing i wondered. During the first jackall fight scene, the lion guard faces 4 jackals, when they run away, there are 5 of them?
Kion actually saw Scars ghost and in the end they only speculate about the marking on the ground?
The plot is moving forward, I hope they get a hold of that because I am curious to see the antagonists conjoined!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby gothprincesskiara » January 11th, 2018, 9:29 pm

Kion has never seen Scar in his life before so he would not know what scar looks like, so he would not even guess that it would be scar yet until the show itself gives it all away.

Well in My RP here what I said, Kion would not be sure what he saw yet, so this still hasnt been confirmed yet
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby AnonLion » January 12th, 2018, 1:36 am

Finally we see more plot! I'm gonna forgive Kion on this one because he doesn't know what Scar looks like, but he did see something. I'm expecting he'll mention it once Rafiki confirms that the symbol is no good news.

[quote="zerodix"]did reirei and goigoi's pups grow up? that was the first thing i wondered. During the first jackall fight scene, the lion guard faces 4 jackals, when they run away, there are 5 of them?[/quote]
I thought the exact same thing, the two other jackals that are initially with ReiRei did resemble Kijana and Dogo a bit, and if those pups indeed grew up then it's not too farfetched to think we'll see Kion grow up too.

I didn't like fight scenes as much as I did in The Little Guy, but they were still okay. I'm really intrigued what they plan to do with the whole "The Guard is weaker if they split" thing, because it certainly was interesting. I also enjoyed seeing Rafiki again, and even more fighting just like he did in the original movie. Good episode overall.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby JackStover » January 12th, 2018, 2:00 am

[quote="zerodix"]did reirei and goigoi's pups grow up? that was the first thing i wondered.[/quote]
She has many children. They're just older ones. I doubt giving Scar child soldiers was a high priority for the writers.
JackStover

Pride Points: 17

Postby SimbasGuard » January 14th, 2018, 9:04 am

I loved this episode. This is Scar's boldest move yet (The assassination attempt on Simba was actually just a way to recruit crocodiles into his army). Which means that he must be planning on making if not THE big move then at least A big move.

Kion only saw Scar for a split second, so he can't be sure of exactly what he saw. At least now Rafiki knows something very serious is potentially wrong. I agree with AnonLion that Kion will share what he saw with Rafiki, when Rafiki has more lintel.

We now know that Scar can manifest out of fire not just in the volcano. Although I imagine that fire could have been brought from The Volcano.

It does not surprise me that The Jackals would join Scar, because getting rid of The Lion Guard and overthrowing Simba would (In theory) be beneficial to them. I also thought that the other two Adult Jackals with Reirei And Goigoi was grown up versions of Dogo and Kijana at first. However (Like JackStover said) they are just older siblings.

Now that The Jackals have joined Scar, that leaves only The Vultures and (Assuming that Scar intends to recruit them) The Outsiders to be recruited.

It was awesome to see Rafiki fight, I loved The callback to the original Lion King.

It was neat to see Tamaa again (I thought he would be a one-off character), I like the idea of him actually using his talent in the manner that he originally claimed to have been using it when we first met him.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Aelwen » January 15th, 2018, 12:18 am

But still the final battle won't be very dramatic with Kion's roar. He can destroy everybody with just it. Unless... Scar will plan to make Kion lose the ROAR! It would be a very interesting twist.
Aelwen

Pride Points: 1

Next

Return to The Lion Guard