Is season 3 the end?

Is season 3 the end?

Postby mewtwo » January 19th, 2018, 9:21 pm

So on this board I have seen some people saying season 3 will be the end. Has anything concrete been said from the creators on this? Where is everyone getting this idea from?

Thanks
mewtwo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Is season 3 the end?

Postby Elton John » January 19th, 2018, 10:17 pm

Nope. Some folks are just letting their imaginations run wild.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby mewtwo » January 19th, 2018, 10:32 pm

Sounds good
mewtwo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby DGFone » January 20th, 2018, 1:42 am

Season 3 has been confirmed to be approved for production - TV shows usually get the budget for a season, and then their ratings, and more importantly, income, determine if more seasons would be made or not. If Season 3 will bomb, it could very well be the end of The Lion Guard. If it does well, the Guard could very well live on to season 4 and beyond.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby SimbasGuard » January 20th, 2018, 9:52 am

I was worried that season 3 might be the end for the Lion Guard,(Elton John calmed me down). I now realize that I was reading too much into the introduction of Rani and where the Story-Line could go because of her. However Rani's introduction does not herald the end of The Lion Guard. She might not become a love interest for Kion until Season 4. Disney might not have any kind of romance spark between Kion and Rani happen at all (I highly doubt this possibility). I figure there is no need to worry until we get through march with no announcement that The Lion Guard has been renewed for a 4th season.
Last edited by SimbasGuard on April 27th, 2018, 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Panpardus » January 20th, 2018, 9:33 pm

It's not confirmed to be the end - and they'll probably do at least fourth season - but I personally wouldn't be surprised if it is.

I've floated the idea of Season 3 being the last in part because there aren't too many places that the story can go at this point - it was already pretty limited in what it can do just by being a Simba's Pride midquel as opposed to taking place after everything we've seen onscreen - especially now that we already have Scar back to amass an army of virtually every Lion Guard antagonist and I can't see his story arc stretching into the next wet season. (Being he's made of fire and all.) Moreover, it's been my long-standing thought that the show's primary reason to exist is to get The Lion King back into the public eye in preparation for the inevitable "live action" remake - which we now know is obviously happening - and as such they'd end The Lion Guard sometime in 2019, either to coincide with the movie's theatrical or DVD release.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby JackStover » January 21st, 2018, 12:16 am

It's worth noting that they signed a deal to have a Lion Guard museum exhibit in various museums through 2022. Ultimately, the fate of the show depends on toy sales, and I haven't seen any figures about how well the toys are selling. I just know I never see them on Amazon's top toy lists or in the various buzz lists around Christmas.

The new movie could boost toy sales when it premieres. Disney may keep making episode to try to capitalize on the hype from the movie and get more revenue off of the back end. My gut feeling is that there will be a fourth season, but Disney Junior shows don't tend to last forever. Four seasons seems likely, but I don't know about past that.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby Ninclow » January 21st, 2018, 2:18 am

There's a new movie coming up?
Ninclow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Panpardus » January 21st, 2018, 3:31 am

I was referring to the "live action" The Lion King remake.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbasGuard » January 21st, 2018, 10:26 am

Even if the show gets a 4th season that turns out (God forbid) to be it's last I don't think that is the last we will see of The Lion Guard (Depending on how they wrap up the series). I could see the show moving off Disney Jr. to either Disney channel or Disney XD and we would finally see The Guard as Grown Ups in some post Lion King 2 adventures. There would not have to be any new cubs Thus making sure Disney did not have to go where I believe they fear to tread. I just think it would be awesome.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion Guard