23%
Vitani
23%
Rani
38%

Total votes : 13

Re: Who Should Kion Choose?

Postby Kallo » April 25th, 2018, 7:01 am

It's a bit strange that Rani is winning despite not having even appeared yet. I mean, yeah, I can see her fitting to be Kion's partner because she's a lion and I can kinda see what her personality is gonna be like. But at the same time, it's kind of early to tell, and it might end up feeling kinda forced because she's introduced at such a later point in the series, and I feel Kion already has stronger relationships with certain characters than she would end up having with a character introduced after them.

I still say Fuli. She has the best chemistry with Kion. And characters who work great and naturally as friends usually make for good ships as well.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby Hatari05 » April 25th, 2018, 7:42 am

[quote="Kallo"]It's a bit strange that Rani is winning despite not having even appeared yet. I mean, yeah, I can see her fitting to be Kion's partner because she's a lion and I can kinda see what her personality is gonna be like. But at the same time, it's kind of early to tell, and it might end up feeling kinda forced because she's introduced at such a later point in the series, and I feel Kion already has stronger relationships with certain characters than she would end up having with a character introduced after them.

I still say Fuli. She has the best chemistry with Kion. And characters who work great and naturally as friends usually make for good ships as well.[/quote]

I ship Kion and Fuli as well however I think it will be Rani because her introduction creates a pretty easy way to craft Kion's exit. Kion has plenty of bonds but all of them are still very professional he's almost always in duty mode. The conflict at Rani's pride could be non physical which requires Kion to do something he really hasn't, have a life outside the guard.

We've never seen Kion in that kind of relationship even when enjoying himself it's still linked to whatever task the guard is doing. That could be a way to actually make Rani unique she requires a side of Kion his other missions rarely do, it also plays into the idea of Kion defying tradition and his tendency to forge bonds with those different from him.

I would prefer Fuli but the idea of introducing this lioness cub from another pride seems to support her being Kion's potential love interest or at least be hinted at being it in Kion's future.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby SimbasGuard » April 26th, 2018, 9:10 am

[quote="Hatari05"]I ship Kion and Fuli as well however I think it will be Rani because her introduction creates a pretty easy way to craft Kion's exit. Kion has plenty of bonds but all of them are still very professional he's almost always in duty mode. The conflict at Rani's pride could be non physical which requires Kion to do something he really hasn't, have a life outside the guard.

We've never seen Kion in that kind of relationship even when enjoying himself it's still linked to whatever task the guard is doing. That could be a way to actually make Rani unique she requires a side of Kion his other missions rarely do, it also plays into the idea of Kion defying tradition and his tendency to forge bonds with those different from him.

I would prefer Fuli but the idea of introducing this lioness cub from another pride seems to support her being Kion's potential love interest or at least be hinted at being it in Kion's future.[/quote]

As always Hatari05 you manage to see things more in depth than I manage to look.

When Rani was announce I immediately saw how Rani would provide the writers an easy out in regards to the where was Kion during the 2nt part of Lion King 2 question.

However if you are right (and what we have seen would indicate this) and Rani and The Night Pride are Standoffish rather than actually hostile. Kion may have to develop those diplomatic skills that (as you pointed out in another thread) he as of yet is lacking in.

I would love to see Kion and Vitani get together as I see them as being an opposite dynamic of Kovu And Kiara.

Where Kovu And Kiara are a yin and yang paring. Their personalities off-setting and balancing one another. Kion and Vitani actually have more in common personality-wise, they match better.

For all I know Rani's personality may match Kion's in a similar or even better way. There is also the undeniable fact that if Kion and Rani do get tot together, Kion will become King of his own pride.

I have always wanted Vitani to find her own Prince. I think she deserves one. Although she could be just as happy finding a Non-Royal Lion as long as he treats her right.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard