[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - New episode ‘The Scorpions Sting’ — My Lion King Forum

New episode ‘The Scorpions Sting’

Re: New episode ‘The Scorpions Sting’

Postby SimbasGuard » April 2nd, 2018, 11:49 pm

Very good episode. I thoroughly enjoined it. I was surprised that The Scorpion could talk as it now opens a potentially disturbing door if insects are sentient in The Lion King Universe. then we have seen Timon, Pumbaa, Simba, Bunga, and Ono eat sentient creatures on screen. Although perhaps the sentience only pertains to Arachnids.

I do not think Scar revealing himself was stupid. He though he had The Guard in a trap that they could not escape and in typical villain, actually in typical Scar fashion. He revealed his plan thinking that he would then kill our heroes.

[quote="AnonLion"]Just watched the episode and it was very fun and entertaining. Of course I knew Simba wasn't going to die but I felt the tension of the situation for sure. I had really high hopes for a Nala and/or Kiara song but maybe I'm being too hopeful, Kiara didn't have a single line but at least she was there and Nala had a bit of dialogue. The entire time Scar's army was attacking I was waiting for Zira to pop up, but at this point she'll either never be used or will only appear as a trump card of sorts.[/quote]

I did as well, however Scar did not know that Kion would know how to use The 'Sniper" Roar. I doubt it took Scar even a second to figure out [i]who[/i] taught him that.

Also seeing as how his army fared against The Guard, Scar may see the need to bring in The Outsiders.

As far as that breaking continuity would go, it will be fine if Kovu Vitani and Nuka do not meet Scar. Although I would love to see Kovu and Vitani (and yeah Nuka too) again I think they could be used in a side plot of some kind.

Scar also told Kion that he helped to release him. That [i]could [/i] cause Kion some emotional stress eventually

I was surprised that Scar would send the Skinks out to attack, but I guess they qualify as Ushari's Army. I also thought Kenge might be among Scar's Army.

Kion's use of The "Sniper" Roar did not bother me, because it was used as a get past the enemy technique. It did not utterly defeat them.

[quote="TTB-Kun"]we have to note that this episode was during the day of the anniversary of Simba coronation, so the dry season should be near the end at this point if logic works correctly[/quote]

I never thought of that. There are only 9 more episodes in this season, so it makes sense.

[quote="AnonLion"]I hope tomorrow's episode shows Simba's reaction to finding out about Scar and doesn't start with him already knowing because if it does I'll be very dissapointed.[/quote]

It would be great to see Kion and Simba have this talk (it [i]could[/i] happen), but that might be easier for them to have it open right after Simba has found out about Scar.

The only knock I have against this episode is given that Rafiki was more concerned with The anniversary of Simba becoming King (I know it must be one of his duties). It makes it seem that Rafiki either did not find anything when he consulted the paintings of the past, or he did not do the research. It has to be the former, but I'm surprised that no mention was made of this. :-o
Last edited by SimbasGuard on August 26th, 2020, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 3rd, 2018, 12:22 am

Ok how does Volcano Ash help absorb the venom when it already spread through his body the whole day? I want to know that Scientifically

I did see Kenge in the very back somewhere if you look hard enough.

Notice how the animators have gotten better at reducing the thickness of the bottom highlights of there eyes, even Simbas. But the other featuring details have gotten better, I just wish they would fix up the paws.

I also noticed a recognizable TLK music peace when Ono is looking for the scorpion, listen carefully for that
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby AnonLion » April 3rd, 2018, 6:36 am

I just remembered Makini lost her staff AGAIN :lol: isn't this the fourth one she loses? I'm starting to think this might be a common trend.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby Elton John » April 3rd, 2018, 6:42 am

the reason why she isn’t in the second half of tlk2 is that rafiki realizes she is an awful shaman and sends her in exile, where she meets a man named John Wick and they live happily ever after.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Ninclow » April 3rd, 2018, 4:21 pm

I sat hoping Mufasa would show up and cause some sort of distraction, or at least remind Kion of the "sniper" roar. I would've loved seeing Mufasa appear on the sky, staring furiously down on Scar, and Scar going "Oh no!" or - something. Just one episode where the fact that the Lion Guard is made up of kids and sometimes, even if only rarely, need the grown ups to step in to protect them. That's all I ask. One threat that can't be solved by Kion going "Everyone, get behind me!" alone.
Ninclow

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Panpardus » April 3rd, 2018, 8:50 pm

Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby zerodix » April 4th, 2018, 12:09 am

like the roar, Makini breaking/losing a staff during an episode will be another re-used joke attempt by the makers (same goes for Bungas farty incidents and Fuli beeing annoyed by some once-appearing character) I like how good ol Beshte gets along with all the critters :)
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby Elton John » April 4th, 2018, 2:02 am

the breaking the staff thing is far less annoying than Bungas farting.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Ninclow » April 4th, 2018, 10:18 am

[quote="zerodix"]like the roar, Makini breaking/losing a staff during an episode will be another re-used joke attempt by the makers (same goes for Bungas farty incidents and Fuli beeing annoyed by some once-appearing character) I like how good ol Beshte gets along with all the critters :)[/quote]

Next episode: Makini loses yet another staff, and goes "Not again!" :lol:
Ninclow

Pride Points: 2

Postby Panpardus » April 4th, 2018, 7:22 pm

[quote="Elton John"]the breaking the staff thing is far less annoying than Bungas farting.[/quote]

At least the farting gag has actually been used constructively story-wise. Makini's staff-breaking is a pretty pointless thing that isn't really going anywhere unless it somehow manages to bring back other spirits to help defeat Scar.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard