New episode ‘The Scorpions Sting’

Re: New episode ‘The Scorpions Sting’

Postby Elton John » April 2nd, 2018, 8:29 am

just saw it.

This episode had really high stakes and a much darker tone than previous episodes. also it confirmed that kion cant use the roar on scar without severe consequences.

I have a few minor nitpicks but overall I enjoyed this episode.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby JackStover » April 2nd, 2018, 9:00 am

Weird how the Guard had very little immediate reaction to Scar revealing himself. It was stupid for Scar to reveal himself anyway, but one would think the reveal would be a bit more climactic than it was. There was, like, one second of them looking scared/surprised and that was it.

I wish they would address why Scar insists on having an army of juvenile hyenas instead of reaching out to the other clans. I know his former minions sort of ate him, and maybe he harbors resentment, but it doesn't really come across as threatening. His crocodile leader was already proven weaker since he lost his coup, so he's not exactly the most reliable. Reirei and the jackals were never known for their fighting skill and "jackal style" doesn't really help win a war. Are the skinks going to take down a pride of lions? Some army.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby Elton John » April 2nd, 2018, 9:03 am

it’s not like he has a super large pool of options for an army

he has to take what he can get.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby JackStover » April 2nd, 2018, 9:22 am

[quote="Elton John"]he has to take what he can get.[/quote]
He needs Zira's pride. If they're worried about canon at this point, they might as well stop. I don't think Scar coming back as a lava ghost fits into the timeline. My fear is that they'll never bring back Kovu and Vitani in this show, as the way their season one episode ended seemed a bit... definitive.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » April 2nd, 2018, 9:31 am

it’s likely not a continuity thing but more like ‘getting back all the outlander voice actors’ thing.

I can’t imagine voice actor scheduling being easy. They were originally going to get nathan lane to voice timon in the series but he took too long and never responded so that’s why they got kevin schon (at least that’s what he told me).
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby JackStover » April 2nd, 2018, 9:38 am

[quote="Elton John"]it’s likely not a continuity thing but more like ‘getting back all the outlander voice actors’ thing.[/quote]
The show has already replaced voice actors, and Zira's voice actress was dead. Kovu and Vitani's voice actors are industry professionals who already take any number of odd jobs. Andy Dick is the odd one out, but he's sort of a pariah in Hollywood and isn't really in high demand.

If they wanted to use those characters, they could. I feel that it was a creative decision.
JackStover

Postby SwagaliciousXXX » April 2nd, 2018, 4:03 pm

Spoilers for those who still haven't watched it :x
This episode was meant to be super serious, but I was laughing at how easy it was for Kion and friends to beat over everything Scar threw at him. I get it that the episode time was really tight, but why even have the villians block their way if they're going to be crashed through like an aeroplane into a skyscraper? So they can Kion remark that being stopped for a few seconds put them far behind? They could have just set up camp in the volcano.

It's nice to see Scar planning around the Roar of the Elders, even if Kion "character developments" his way out of it. Now he knows that Kion has precise control over the Roar of the Elders, he will have to plan his schemes accordingly.

This war may turn out interesting yet. I'm getting XCOM flashbacks thinking about Scar attacking multiple areas at once, and the Lion Guard can only respond to one or two. Since it was so effective during Divide and Conquer.
(or they can disappoint by just attacking head on.) :sad:
“Arthur, I finally have my answer to your question, “Why do you think birds fly?” Birds fly because they want to fly. They don’t need a reason to, even if their wings snap and doom them to die. They don’t fly for anyone’s benefit. They don’t fly because they were ordered to. They fly because they want to fly and for no other reason!”
SwagaliciousXXX
It'sOverAnakin!IHaveTheTopLine

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

YOU UNDERESTIMATE MY POWER!

Nickname(s): Swag
Pride Points: 13

Postby zerodix » April 2nd, 2018, 5:20 pm

i saw it, loved to see a new lion guard episode and looking forward to the episode of tomorrow. i was eclectic about the outlands and waited for Zira & co to enter the story but that never happened, i really hoped for it. i had a good laugh about Scars army. not a single character (besides 1 scorpion) that we haven't already seen, but hey, imma 90s kid so spoiled animation wise XD song was cute, there were a lot of moments that were intended serious but made me laugh, i am like.. what are these little watchers thinking when they watch this? so much hilariously. hopes up for tomorrow. enjoyable episode, less reptiles, more rafiki and makini. and simba and family.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby TTB-Kun » April 2nd, 2018, 7:23 pm

we have to note that this episode was during the day of the anniversary of Simba coronation, so the dry season should be near the end at this point if logic works correctly
TTB-Kun

Pride Points: 11

Postby AnonLion » April 2nd, 2018, 7:52 pm

Just watched the episode and it was very fun and entertaining. Of course I knew Simba wasn't going to die but I felt the tension of the situation for sure. I had really high hopes for a Nala and/or Kiara song but maybe I'm being too hopeful, Kiara didn't have a single line but at least she was there and Nala had a bit of dialogue. The entire time Scar's army was attacking I was waiting for Zira to pop up, but at this point she'll either never be used or will only appear as a trump card of sorts. I find it a little too silly Scar revealed himself like that, but maybe he did it thinking he was going to beat the Lion Guard anyways. I hope tomorrow's episode shows Simba's reaction to finding out about Scar and doesn't start with him already knowing because if it does I'll be very dissapointed.

Very good episode overall.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

PreviousNext

Return to The Lion Guard