episode of april 5th: undercover Kinyonga

episode of april 5th: undercover Kinyonga

Postby zerodix » April 4th, 2018, 10:48 pm

tomorrows episode, supposed to introduce us to a chameleon (i think he blends in to spy, with the camouflage skill these animals have) so my expectation is that this guy will help the guard by either spying on Scar and his "army" or helps in certain combat situations. what do you guys think this episode will bring us?
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Re: episode of april 5th: undercover Kinyonga

Postby gothprincesskiara » April 5th, 2018, 7:52 pm

Ok im sorry but I was completely turned off by this episode, not impressed at all, First chameleons dont move very fast they are slow moving,yes im bringing reality into it but certain things like that bug me, and seriously how thick can scar and the baddies get, surely I would think they would have some common sense by now that if they are destroying the pridelands there would be nothing left for the these guys to survive on, they are shooting them selves in the foot, over all this week of episodes has been very sloppy I think nothing but big fat time fillers. I rely hope this kind of sloppiness doesn't continue in future episodes or season 3, im getting tired of it,......again why did this have to be just for kids, why Disney why?! I want to complain to them again.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby AnonLion » April 5th, 2018, 8:04 pm

It was an alright episode, nothing fantastic but not terrible either. Kinyonga was likeable and had she not helped the Lion Guard they might've had to solve the problem after Janja already blocked the river and it could have gotten complicated. I also want to point out that I think this was the first time we hear Fuli growl and I wished it hadn't sounded so much like a roar since cheetahs can't roar, they do a chirping sound instead.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby zerodix » April 5th, 2018, 10:23 pm

besides the reptilian overkill this season, it was okay but not impressive. i watched this ep this morning and i already cannot remember if they had a song in it or not.. does tomorrow bring us an episode? or was it just these?
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Postby Hatari05 » April 5th, 2018, 10:48 pm

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]Ok im sorry but I was completely turned off by this episode, not impressed at all, First chameleons dont move very fast they are slow moving,yes im bringing reality into it but certain things like that bug me, and seriously how thick can scar and the baddies get, surely I would think they would have some common sense by now that if they are destroying the pridelands there would be nothing left for the these guys to survive on, they are shooting them selves in the foot, over all this week of episodes has been very sloppy I think nothing but big fat time fillers. I rely hope this kind of sloppiness doesn't continue in future episodes or season 3, im getting tired of it,......again why did this have to be just for kids, why Disney why?! I want to complain to them again.[/quote]

I completely agree the target audience drags this show down and it's very noticeable. Even Scar's one win the show couldn't fully commit to, they still have the guard succeed with the elephants and ultimately Scar's victory doesn't mean much. Just like Zira Scar is being wasted, Kion's greatest fear is being like him why isn't this playing into the story where Scar actually comes back?

Scar is a manipulator he exploits people's flaws and uses it to control them, where is this aspect all Scar does is make evil plan after evil plan. Why isn't he trying to break Kion and the guard. Scar doesn't rely on raw power he breaks his enemies through manipulation. Scar beat Simba with words if not for his own ego he wouldn't of ever been exposed. Scar crushed Simba as a cub with but a few words, he took Mufasa's love and trust of his family and used it to kill him.

Scar could very easily exploit Kion's fear and destroy him with only a few words maybe even turn him against everything he believes. Scar isn't being used properly he could've been any other dark spirit they aren't using the main qualities that made him a threat because that's too deep for a preschool show. Directing this show at such a young audience drags it down and prevents it from exploiting any of it's potentially good stories.
Hatari05

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby zerodix » April 5th, 2018, 11:09 pm

i totally agree^ even with younger audiences, a bad influence driving Kion into doubt or wrong thinking could be brouwn into the show, with the moral lesson of sticking to your own beliefs and be loyal to your own group/family. they miss a big thing here.. the 2 movies had that quality way more (kovu stopped fully relying on his mums view when he got to know simba and co and the scar thing you described) couldnt agree more
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Postby SimbasGuard » April 7th, 2018, 9:40 am

Yes this being A Preschool show does at times hold the writing back. Even though it has been much darker this season, they can only go so far with it ( I have been hoping that the reason Season 4 has yet to be announced is because they intend to move it off of Disney Jr. and put it on Disney channel or Disney XD (although that would upset me slightly, I don't get Disney XD)) I however still liked this episode.

Scar not using his usual tactics can be attributed to him feeling far more powerful as a demon, and not seeing the need for physiological warfare.

The Guard did learn how to use camouflage, that may come into play later on.

I also think with Scar's plans still being foiled that he will deiced to bring Zira into his army.

[quote="AnonLion"]I think this was the first time we hear Fuli growl and I wished it hadn't sounded so much like a roar since cheetahs can't roar, they do a chirping sound instead.[/quote]

She did a type of growl to scare Bunga when they were playing hide and seek in "The Imaginary Okapi". I agree though this did sound more like a roar. I say chalk it up to Fuli having great pipes, we all know how well she can sing.

[quote="zerodix"]i already cannot remember if they had a song in it or not..[/quote]

The Chameleon sang a song about her camouflage ability, it was O.K.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Kallo » April 25th, 2018, 6:50 am

Woah, been a while since I last visited here. Been enjoying all the episodes whenever they've been releasing them, though. Some to more and some to less extent. I had a bit of a review written for each episode back in January, but I feel writing one for each episode now would be a bit of an overkill. Instead, I'll just compensate for those reviews with this: Fuli sneezing = Cuteness overload! :P

Anyway, anything big I've missed over the last few months? I heard about Rani in Season 3 but that's about all I know as far as the show's future. Season 3's date been announced yet? Any other news?
Kallo

Pride Points: 21

Postby SimbasGuard » April 26th, 2018, 8:30 am

[quote="Kallo"]Woah,Anyway, anything big I've missed over the last few months? I heard about Rani in Season 3 but that's about all I know as far as the show's future. Season 3's date been announced yet? Any other news?[/quote]

No release date for Season 3 yet, but you might want to read the last two pages of the Anything Lion Guard Thread :sad:

https://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=179&t=46052&start=790
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion Guard