Should Scar try and recruit Kion?

Should Scar try and recruit Kion?

Postby FriendlyHyena » April 11th, 2018, 8:02 am

I know this would be a bit of a stretch, but not too out there. Scar himself was once the head of the Lion Guard and also the 2nd born. Scar might try and tempt Kion to try and overthrow the Pridelands to make himself Simba's successor instead of Kiara (who, in Lion Guard, appears to be more bratty and like TLK Simba than her TLK 2 self.)

Also, if Zira tried to turn Kion, is it too out there to think that Scar wouldn't at least try? (Not saying Scar would use Kion for anything more than creating chaos with Simba and Kiara and then whack him once he is no longer of use, of course.)
FriendlyHyena

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Re: Should Scar try and recruit Kion?

Postby Hatari05 » April 11th, 2018, 9:33 pm

[quote="FriendlyHyena"]I know this would be a bit of a stretch, but not too out there. Scar himself was once the head of the Lion Guard and also the 2nd born. Scar might try and tempt Kion to try and overthrow the Pridelands to make himself Simba's successor instead of Kiara (who, in Lion Guard, appears to be more bratty and like TLK Simba than her TLK 2 self.)

Also, if Zira tried to turn Kion, is it too out there to think that Scar wouldn't at least try? (Not saying Scar would use Kion for anything more than creating chaos with Simba and Kiara and then whack him once he is no longer of use, of course.)[/quote]

Yes I honestly think this shouldn't be a stretch Kion's greatest fear is being like Scar so in the story with his actual return that should come into play even if it's only for the last few episodes. With Kion's fear of being like Scar the story should start playing up some of their similarities Scar even has his own guard so starting to play up their parallels would make sense.

Scar trying to turn Kion on his family and sibling would make perfect sense for this story and would make a strong endgame arc for the season.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby AnonLion » April 12th, 2018, 2:28 am

I can imagine Scar trying to get Kion to doubt in himself drawing parallels between the two of them, saying they aren't so different. And though Kion would struggle with that thought he of course turns him down with a strengthened resolve.
Simba and Nala give me life

I also just began writing TLK fanfiction !
AnonLion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 8

Postby SimbasGuard » April 15th, 2018, 6:37 am

I get what all of you are saying, but I doubt Scar would actually try to turn Kion to his side. However using all of the reasons mentioned above as a type of psychological warfare against Kion would be right up Scar's alley. Anything that can cause Kion to doubt or second guess himself would impair his ability to lead The Lion Guard. If Kion's leadership becomes less effective, so too does The Guard's effectiveness as a unit. That would then give Scar's Army a tactical advantage.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion Guard