Rally To Save The Lion Guard

Rally To Save The Lion Guard

Postby SimbasGuard » May 16th, 2018, 10:51 pm

WikicontributorHubpup over on The Lion Guard Wiki had a brilliant idea to try and convince Disney that we would like a Season 4 of The Lion Guard. However before I post what was written, I would just like to advise anyone that wants to write in, to not mention that we have any insider information. Just as a safety precaution.

Here is what WikicontributorHubpup had to say:

The future is uncertain. If you enjoy the show and want to see a 4th season, please contact them and let them know. List the reasons why you enjoy the show and ask them to continue the show for at least one more season (season 4)

Send letters to the following address;

Attn: Disney Junior
Walt Disney Studios
500 S Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521

It's easy. All you have to do is type a letter, print it out, and mail it. Make your voice heard.

Now is not the time for a defeatist attitude. Don't throw in the towel. Change is always possible. Especially if it's early enough. Make your voices heard. You have my permission to copy and paste this post to other forums.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Re: Rally To Save The Lion Guard

Postby TTB-Kun » May 17th, 2018, 10:27 am

this kind of things are usually useless. also i greatly prefer a nice ending in season 3 than a bland unnecessary season 4
Season 3 isn't even started yet so we have a lot of episodes ahead anyway
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby Elton John » May 18th, 2018, 8:38 pm

The show never really gained the popularity I think Disney wanted from the show.

Outside of diehard fans in the fandom, the show never gained a big adult fanbase. I’m guessing that Disney expected this to be their mlp friendship is magic but it failed at that.

This show can’t be cheap. It doesn’t look cheap compared to a lot of modern western tv animation, it only looks cheap when compared to the original movie and the original is still a high point in pretty looking animation so it’s not really a fair comparison.

They also got a bunch of celebrity guest stars. That can’t be cheap either.

In other words, I think Disney spent a lot on this show but didn’t make much in profits, enough to justify it lasting super long.

I was sure this show would last longer but I guess I was wrong.

i mean, people who trash the art in the lion guard....it could have been much worse.They just announced another thundercats reboot today and it looks like teen titans go but somehow worse.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby JackStover » May 19th, 2018, 4:17 am

[quote="Elton John"]Outside of diehard fans in the fandom, the show never gained a big adult fanbase. I’m guessing that Disney expected this to be their mlp friendship is magic but it failed at that.[/quote]
I've said it before, but I don't think that was ever their plan. Their plan was merchandise and licensing. That is where they failed. They made the toys. The magazines. The plushies. Even diapers. They pushed the show hard. But the merch didn't sell well. It was no Paw Patrol.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby Elton John » May 19th, 2018, 6:11 am

if the show had a big adult fanbase, the merch problem wouldn’t be as much of an issue. Adults do have more money than kids.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasGuard » May 28th, 2018, 10:11 am

[quote="TTB-Kun"]this kind of things are usually useless. also i greatly prefer a nice ending in season 3 than a bland unnecessary season 4
Season 3 isn't even started yet so we have a lot of episodes ahead anyway[/quote]

I know, I just figure it doesn't hurt to give it a try. If anything I hope it lets them know that there is enough love for these characters that it will give them the confidence to move forward with any post series projects that I assume that they have.

[quote="JackStover"][quote="Elton John"]Outside of diehard fans in the fandom, the show never gained a big adult fanbase. I’m guessing that Disney expected this to be their mlp friendship is magic but it failed at that.[/quote]
I've said it before, but I don't think that was ever their plan. Their plan was merchandise and licensing. That is where they failed. They made the toys. The magazines. The plushies. Even diapers. They pushed the show hard. But the merch didn't sell well. It was no Paw Patrol.[/quote]

I'll be the first to admit that I do not understand how business works, but I do not understand how a series that is not based on a toy line is so dependent on merchandise sales to be considered successful?

[quote="Elton John"]if the show had a big adult fanbase, the merch problem wouldn’t be as much of an issue. Adults do have more money than kids.[/quote]

I personaly wish that they would have cared enough about The DVD's the put the episodes in proper order. I still bought them anyway. They only made an actual CD once I would have bough more of those. I also would have loved plush toys of Vitani, Kovu, Jasiri. We will never see any Rani merchandise.

it is just sad :sad:
Last edited by SimbasGuard on July 3rd, 2018, 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby mewtwo » June 10th, 2018, 12:54 pm

Where is the hard evidence that season 3 will be the last season?
mewtwo

Pride Points: 0

Postby gothprincesskiara » June 11th, 2018, 1:22 pm

And I'm hearing from a friend that there are now Rumors that Rani will not be in the 3rd season.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Panpardus » June 14th, 2018, 1:31 am

That doesn't make any sense. They've already written the whole 3rd season, not to mention made a big public announcement about Rani and her significant involvement in the overarching story. (She's supposed to appear in about half of all the episodes.)
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbasGuard » June 16th, 2018, 8:09 am

[quote="mewtwo"]Where is the hard evidence that season 3 will be the last season?[/quote]

Well I did receive this letter from Ford Riley on Saturday June 9, 2018. I will be swapping out my real name for My Username and leaving out my address, but here is what it says:

May 22, 2018

Dear, SimbasGuard

Your recent letter to the Walt Disney corporate offices regarding "The Lion Guard" has been passed along to me. Thank you for writing!

As you may know, I am the creator and executive producer of "The Lion Guard." I was humbled by your kind words about our series. From when I first pitched the concept for the show (back in 2012!) it was my intent to create a series that was worthy of The Lion King franchise. I am very grateful to hear that you feel that we have accomplished this.

Regarding your specific concern that no Season 4 has been announced, please rest assured that The Lion Guard will be on the air for several years to come. Season 3 has only begun being being animated, and we will be in production on Season 3 for at least another nine months.

I will voice your sentiment that "The Lion Guard" deserves a 4th season to my colleagues at Disney Junior. But, just so you know, even if Season 3 is the final season of the series, I feel that creatively the last episode of Season 3 would make for a satisfying conclusion to the series. But I can't give you any spoilers!

Asante, Ford Riley

SimbasGuard

Next

Return to The Lion Guard