4 new eps for september

Re: 4 new eps for september

Postby Panpardus » August 22nd, 2018, 2:57 pm

Official episode descriptions for the last two episodes ("The Hyena Resistance" and "The Underground Adventure") are out, at least according to the FB fan page:

Spoiler: show
THE HYENA RESISTANCE:
Jasiri offers to help the Lion Guard in their battle against Scar by forming a hyena resistance in the Outlands.

*Maia Mitchell returns as Jasiri and David Oyelowo and Common recur as Scar and Kiburi, respectively.

THE UNDERGROUND ADVENTURE:
While escaping a fire, Kion, Tiifu, Zuri, and Bunga must navigate through a network of underground tunnels and meet an adorable golden mole with a sweet singing voice.

*AJ McLean (“Backstreet Boys”) guest stars as Kuchimba, the golden mole.

I'd say maybe, just maybe, we could finally get something on these two characters' backstories, but I'm not really expecting much considering the last time they appeared in an episode was about this time in season 1 ("Baboons!" I think) and they really did nothing with them.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbasGuard » August 23rd, 2018, 8:43 am

[quote="Hatari05"]As for a post LK 2 I think that will hinge on the remake as if it's successful a LK 2 remake will likely happen which could result in a post LK 2 story that ties in with LG, after all audiences love big crossovers. With a lot of LK stuff still on the horizon I wouldn't necessarily count a post LK 2 story out just yet.[/quote]

True I guess I shouldn't give up hope on a post Lion King 2 movie from the original continuity until I see how The Lion Guard series comes to a close.

[quote="Hatari05"]Regarding a complete series box set I wouldn't be too concerned about that, as releasing a series box set around the time of the remake or a bit after maybe before it's home media release would be a good marketing move and guarantee sales as people who never saw the original will see the remake only to discover there are a lot more stories in this franchise. I think a complete box set will be released sometime next year to tie into something with the remake.[/quote]

That makes a lot of sense, but if Disney continues with it's current release format. Season 3 won't even start until July of 2019. That actually could work as The remake will only have been in theaters for 2 weeks. The start of a new season of The Lion Guard could bolster The remakes 3rd week standings.

@Panpardus:

Spoiler: show
Tiifu and Zuri had silent cameos in The Ukumbusho Tradition as well as Timon and Pumbaa's Christmas. If they are about to get some much needed character development. I can only say WHAT TOOK SO LONG :theroar:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby JackStover » August 23rd, 2018, 8:02 pm

The press article from a year ago said it was a "female main character" involved in the underground episode. I assumed Fuli, since she was the only one. Tiifu and Zuri didn't really fit that description. It's a pleasant surprise, but this season is nearly over and we still haven't gotten a proper Fuli episode. I guess the turtle one sort of counted, but I wanted more like what she had in season one.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby SimbasGuard » August 27th, 2018, 6:37 am

There are still 3 more episodes besides the season finale left after these next 4, so there are still 3 chances to get a Fuli episode.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard