Cave of Secrets, episode of september 4th 2018

Cave of Secrets, episode of september 4th 2018

Postby zerodix » September 4th, 2018, 8:11 am

Tomorrow this episode will air.. anything known about it yet? On the wiki iy says Thurston the zebra gets captured by Scars team after bragging about him beeing the brains behind the guard..
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Re: Cave of Secrets, episode of september 4th 2018

Postby Elton John » September 4th, 2018, 8:32 am

that’s a different episode

anyway, just watched it. cute ep. not completely unexpected as the way to beat scar, as the whole series has been about teamwork so far.

Glad that it isn’t kions roar or some stupid macguffin that’ll beat scar. also the part near the end at the final cave had some really pretty shots.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby JackStover » September 4th, 2018, 8:37 am

I found it to be an odd episode. If there had been more of a lead-in, with them doubting themselves, maybe this would have worked narratively. But they haven't been doubting themselves. So what did they actually learn in this episode? They didn't need the lesson that was being told.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby Panpardus » September 4th, 2018, 8:51 am

There's really not much to say about it save for some interesting visuals; this one is just the Guard exploring a labyrinth underneath Pride Rock and learning a bit of (somewhat untantalizing) local history along the way. It's just very filler-y. You can tell by the dialogue and antics that the writers were trying to find a way to stretch this to meet the 22-minute mark. (Can't say I'd have minded a flashback piece about the founding of the Guard; that by itself would've been more interesting and potentially impactful.)

[quote="JackStover"]I found it to be an odd episode. If there had been more of a lead-in, with them doubting themselves, maybe this would have worked narratively. But they haven't been doubting themselves. So what did they actually learn in this episode? They didn't need the lesson that was being told.[/quote]
I realized about five minutes in that if this were part of a movie, it would be the short section at the 2/3 mark where the down-on-their-luck hero(es) realize the power was inside them all along. I suppose it's fitting enough in the overall context of the story so far given the recent batch of episodes where they've started losing to Scar's forces and haven't yet found any meaningful help elsewhere, but it's still a bit of a weird episode to start this new run given how long ago the prior few aired, and by itself the intended moral doesn't really work. Hopefully the action will actually pick up with the next few starting tomorrow.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby Simba_Lion » September 4th, 2018, 2:42 pm

[quote="Elton John"]not completely unexpected as the way to beat scar, as the whole series has been about teamwork so far.[/quote]

[quote="JackStover"]I found it to be an odd episode. If there had been more of a lead-in, with them doubting themselves, maybe this would have worked narratively. But they haven't been doubting themselves. So what did they actually learn in this episode? They didn't need the lesson that was being told.[/quote]

I had the same feelings. I was like "What? Seriously?" I don't think this episode was so needed because I guess everyone knows who will be able to defeat Scar... so I expected a deeper secret and in my opinion the Lion Guard too. I wonder whether they would have traversed through those dangerous hazards if they had known the secret. They had to face life-threatining tasks to find out something they had probably known? Odd.

Although, on the other hand, it is good for exclusion. I mean we don't need to expect something big thing/magic to defeat Scar, they only need the "usual" way of the Lion Guard.
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Postby gothprincesskiara » September 5th, 2018, 5:10 am

First, I love how Beshte said "Avengers"
Ok so now we have learned now that below Pride Rock the Lion Guard Lair and Rafikis historical paintings of the past extends deeper under ground and that tell stories of TLG history. It was fate that the guard had to make this discovery on there own thanks to MakiNi but also thanks to what she was taught and told by Rafiki, for Rafiki would have had an idea of this kind of prophecy happening and may have encouraged Makini to lead the Lion Guard to discover the deeper cave secrets on there own, he knew things would fall into place in this way for a reason, because Rafiki would know more about the past present and future. So now these caves are deep below PR, ok cool. And how would this maze and mysterious optical illusion of a bridge be possible, where did that magic come from? explain that Disney? why is Disney taking away whats supposed to be natural, this is going over broad with the lore.
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby Panpardus » September 5th, 2018, 6:07 am

I assumed the clear bridge was just a diamond structure or some other transparent mineral, but I'm not a geologist.
Panpardus

Pride Points: 51

Postby zerodix » September 5th, 2018, 9:15 am

well.. i like Makini in general so her appearing was nice. the cavepaintings tell us interesting past facts, even though they look like drawings of 5 year olds...but hey ..target group XD not a bad episode, but the conclusion at the ending was a cringe. just sit and wait for the next ep.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby KionIsGay » September 5th, 2018, 10:12 am

They really went with "the real secret was the friends we made along the way". Boo.
KionIsGay

Pride Points: 0

Postby SimbasGuard » September 7th, 2018, 8:31 am

I liked this episode, The Guard was at a bit of a loss for how to defeat Scar, and with The loss of Kilio Valley I think The Guard did need the confidence boost. I enjoined the Indiana Jones elements. The Boulder and The unseen Bridge. I also wonder if That Pride of bad Lions That The original Lion Guard was formed to fight might have some connection to The Backstory of The Night Pride in season 3. Also this is the first episode that Makini was in where she did not lose/break her staff :thumbsup:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Next

Return to The Lion Guard