the hyena resistance.

Re: the hyena resistance.

Postby KionScar » September 10th, 2018, 5:09 am

Animation error with Scar, but that aside...

It appears Scar still has his Roar, even in death...
KionScar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 10

Postby Simba_Lion » October 11th, 2018, 9:13 pm

[quote="SimbasGuard"]I am quite certain that Simba does indeed know about Jasiri and the fact that she is a Hyena.[/quote]
What makes you think that? I am curious, interesting thought anyway.
Simba_Lion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Simba
Pride Points: 4

Postby SimbasGuard » November 8th, 2018, 7:58 am

[quote="Simba_Lion"]What makes you think that? I am curious, interesting thought anyway.[/quote]

Kion offered to ask Simba to let Jasiri and her Clan stay in The Pride Lands without any hesitation. As if he had no doubt that Simba would O.K. this.

Then at the end of the episode Kion said that Jasiri and her Clan were welcome to stay in The Pride Lands. Simba must have given the O.K.

Kion is too honest to not give Simba all the details of his request.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Simba_Lion » November 23rd, 2018, 9:53 pm

In my opinion, Simba doesn't know about Jasiri and let me explain why.

1. You say they are honest to each other. I say not sure, for example, because Simba didn't tell Kion anything about Zira and her pride. Kion was very surprised when he found out there were lions in the Outlands and Rafiki was the one who told them Zira's story. Why? In SP we can always hear Simba warning cub Kiara about them.

2. Let's remember Kion's reaction when he first met Jasiri. He didn't want to believe that there are good hyenas too. This suggests that he was rised by the teaching of hyenas are bad - and Jasiri was the first exception.

3. Also, I think Kion's invitation was just a first step and if Jasiri said yes, after it he would take her to his father to ask for his permission - just like he did with Ajabu.
Simba_Lion

Postby SimbasGuard » November 25th, 2018, 10:29 am

[quote="Simba_Lion"]In my opinion, Simba doesn't know about Jasiri and let me explain why.

1. You say they are honest to each other. I say not sure, for example, because Simba didn't tell Kion anything about Zira and her pride. Kion was very surprised when he found out there were lions in the Outlands and Rafiki was the one who told them Zira's story. Why? In SP we can always hear Simba warning cub Kiara about them.[/quote]

Perhaps Simba (and Nala) thought it was better just to tell Kion that The Outlands were dangerous and off limits. Rather than give him too much information and risk making him curious about what is out there, like Kiara.

[quote="Simba_Lion"]2. Let's remember Kion's reaction when he first met Jasiri. He didn't want to believe that there are good hyenas too. This suggests that he was rised by the teaching of hyenas are bad - and Jasiri was the first exception.[/quote]

Very true. I would imagine that after those events Kion told Simba And Nala about what had happens. Even if they were not his Parents it only makes sense that The Leader Of The Lion Guard would keep The King And Queen informed on The Lion Guard's activities. Especially something as big as finding a good Hyena. Something they thought did not exist.

[quote="Simba_Lion"]3. Also, I think Kion's invitation was just a first step and if Jasiri said yes, after it he would take her to his father to ask for his permission - just like he did with Ajabu.[/quote]

That is exactly how it would have went down, but it would have been more of a formal introduction. Basically a formality, if Kion thought he would first have to win his Dad over to the idea of there being a good Hyena Clan. I doubt he would have brought Jasiri to Simba unless he was confident that he would get a yes. He would have still made the offer to Jasiri, but he would have been much less confident about doing so. He was also made it clear that she might get turned down.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Simba_Lion » December 1st, 2018, 12:19 am

In my opinion, Kion often makes decisions without discussing with his father. I still think that invitation was just Kion's decision and not sure Simba knew about that. Let me tell you why I think this. I am sure you remember the Kupatana episode. Here is the conversation in the end:

Simba: I encouraged you to save that jackal pup this morning.
Kion: Yeah but you didn't tell me to invite him into the Pride Lands.
Simba: You made a mistake, Kion.

Simba's opinion is clear: he wouldn't have invited the pup, it was just Kion's decision making it on his own, not asking his father. Simba didn't know at all that there were jackals in the Pride Lands. So I think this is the same with Jasiri's invitation.
Simba_Lion

Postby rachel » December 4th, 2018, 5:43 pm

Simba probally didn't tell Kion about the outlanders because he didn't want any repeats like when he told kierra about the outlands and then she almost died by gators :hackingcough: Simba probally thought that Kion would just make sure that everyone would respect the circle of life in the terratorry of the pridelands.

Kion does seem to have more free rein and indipendence than kierra does, probally because he is more focused. Link in the episode when kierra, tifu and Zuri were screachin about their dry fur, Kion was sent with them to make sure that nothing bad happens. Simba and Nala seemed fine with the idea of kion going with them, but then looked VERY nervous when Bunga shouted that he should join in too. Kion was focused untill Bunga wanted to play in the mud and made kion completely forget about protecting the mudbatheing cubs. But in the show Kion does seem to act older than his age and seems more focused/on task which is probally why Simba gives him free reign of the pridelands baically...

:nalasmile:
MAGA
rachel
MAGA

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Proud to say that Jesus is my Lord and Saivor

Nickname(s): Rachel, Lamb, Lamb the cat
Telegram: Don't have telegram
Pride Points: 1

Postby SimbasGuard » December 19th, 2018, 6:51 am

Yes Kion invited Dogo into The Pride Lands of his own accord, that turned out to be a disaster. With how much Kion hates making mistakes I doubt he would make such an invitation again without asking his Father. Especially since this time he would be inviting a whole (albeit small) clan of Hyenas into The Pride Lands. Also given how touchy this idea would be received by the other denizens of The Pride Lands. I can't see Kion not being certain that he has his Father's support, before making a movie that could have so much political backlash.

Kion does have more free run of The Pride Lands because as The Leader of The Lion Guard he has to protect it.

Nala wanted to send Kion to protect Kiara, Tiifu, and Zuri because with The Roar Kion can hold off (if not defeat) any threat they might encounter. I also thought Nala might have wanted to give Kion a less demanding day of work.

SimbasGuard

Previous

Return to The Lion Guard