the hyena resistance.

the hyena resistance.

Postby Elton John » September 6th, 2018, 2:14 am

this one should be good. I mean it stars Jasiri, and Jasiri is the best new character introduced by the show.

Ep was the best of the three so far...

Also I like how they hinted towards Janja and his clan turning against Scar and joining the hyena resistance.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: the hyena resistance.

Postby zerodix » September 6th, 2018, 8:57 am

I haven't watched this one yet due to the fact i have no time to sit down and watch now.. but my hopes are really high for this ep.
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby JackStover » September 6th, 2018, 8:58 am

I swear they need to be able to solve problems without Ono magically seeing the problem. Yes, he's the Keenest of Sight, but some episodes make it seem like he can see halfway across Africa. Although maybe they really were just five seconds away since that's how long it took Kion and his friends to get there and rescue Jasiri.

It was a good episode. I shouldn't nitpick.

Hopefully Janja and his clan are redeemed, as they've really worn out their welcome as villains and I think having them be good guys in season three would be a refreshing change of pace.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby TTB-Kun » September 6th, 2018, 11:32 am

the ship is set, janja x jasiri is canon, you cannot change my mind
TTB-Kun

Pride Points: 11

Postby Panpardus » September 6th, 2018, 11:42 am

Actual plot stuff happens, so that's cool. Having Jasiri's clan actually involved in the conflict is a pretty logical next step so I wasn't exactly surprised by it, and the way the rest of the episode plays out makes it fairly routine fare after the resistance is formed. The moment at the end with Janja was the more significant and interesting part in my opinion, although I somehow doubt they're going to make a move on that any time particularly soon; the only saving grace in that regard is that the skinks were conveniently around to foreshadow Scar learning about this, but we don't really have a solid idea of the relationship between the two characters; the most interesting stuff happens offscreen. Still, I get the sense that this'll be the turning point against Scar, having his forces basically fall apart beneath him. Whether this happens before season 2 ends I don't know, but I do wonder if he'll replace them. (Perhaps with a certain group of lions?)

Overall, better episode than the previous two in more or less all regards (I really like the score in the montage bit with the repeated failed attacks) although it wasn't as much as I expected.

Side note, I find it weird how nobody's really been explaining how Scar has "returned". Like, Jasiri tells her clan that (verbatim) and everyone just accepts and presumably knows what that means without question. Are they that familiar with ghosts/spirits that it's just common knowledge that this sort of thing happens?
Last edited by Panpardus on September 6th, 2018, 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby KionIsGay » September 6th, 2018, 12:02 pm

[quote="TTB-Kun"]the ship is set, janja x jasiri is canon, you cannot change my mind[/quote]
This is exactly what I was afraid of...

Otherwise a decent episode, better than the last two at least. Song was nothing special, but they haven't been for a long time. Some of the extras in Jasiri's clan were cute, I'd like to maybe see some development for them. Maybe the Hyena Resistance could eventually be formed into a proper Hyena Guard.
KionIsGay

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Ninclow » September 7th, 2018, 3:01 am

Sounds like a good one. :-)
Ninclow

Pride Points: 2

Postby gothprincesskiara » September 7th, 2018, 6:38 am

THAT was a really AWESOME episode, MUCH better than the last one. I enjoyed it, and I liked how it showed a good example how its right even help your enemies, out that is a high positive for the kids to see that we should love our enemies am I right?
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby SimbasGuard » September 8th, 2018, 9:26 am

[quote="gothprincesskiara"]that is a high positive for the kids to see that we should love our enemies am I right?[/quote]

I see where you are coming from and I agree with you ;)

It also shows what a wonderful Hyena Jasiri truly is to save an enemy that tried to kill her (and two innocent cubs) without a moments hesitation. Granted she then tried to recruit him into The Hyena Resistance, but when Janja called for help. All Jasiri did was react with genuine concern.

I absolutely loved this episode, we got to see (I assume) what Scar was planning in the previous episode.

The Song was Awesome :thumbsup: :egojasiri:

This episode also leads me to believe things that I had only speculated on or doubted before.

I am quite certain that Simba does indeed know about Jasiri and the fact that she is a Hyena.

I now Believe that Jasiri is The Leader of her Clan. Thus I assume that Wema and Tunu were orphans that were taken in by Jasiri's Clan.

Another thing I liked was while I am sure the operatives on The Hyena Resistance can and do alternate between the members of Jasiri's Clan. The Hyena Resistance Team itself consists of Jasiri, Madoa, and 3 Others A total of 5 like The Lion Guard.

As for Janja It is most likely that he was trying to cover his own tail, but by allowing Scar to Believe that Jasiri was dead. Could he have been protecting Jasiri?

Like others have said The stage has definitely been set for Janja's Clan to switch sides. If that should happen I agree with Panpardus. Scar bringing in The Outsiders would make the most sense. I would love to see Scar and Zira interact. However I think Zira would want to keep Vitani, Nuka, and especially Kovu out of Scar's army. As letting her cubs see Demon/Scar would destroy the image of Scar she wants them to have. Therefore what would be done with them during Zira's involvement in Scar's War would be an issue.

As for the possibility of Jasiri and Janja falling in love...That now seems like much less of a stretch story-wise than I thought. Seeing as how Jasiri harbors no ill will toward Janja.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby zerodix » September 9th, 2018, 8:29 am

aand i watched! nice episode and nice to see some new hyena characters, every Jasiri episode is a plus ^^ It had some more happenings in it than a regular episode and that was a relief. would watch this again!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Next

Return to The Lion Guard