the underground adventure

the underground adventure

Postby Elton John » September 7th, 2018, 8:27 am

was a filler episode, but an entertaining one

+ they made tiifu more than a one note girly girl in this ep.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: the underground adventure

Postby JackStover » September 7th, 2018, 9:00 am

Tiifu and Zuri got hit with some terrible writing back in that episode where they let Kiara venture off into hyena territory by herself, and weren't at all concerned about her safety. I've always liked the two of them, but it takes a lot of effort to undo that level of character assassination. They're still shallow courtiers, abusing their position in Kiara's inner-circle, but they're starting to get a little bit more depth. I just honestly doubt we'll get another episode about them, as season three is probably the last season and it sounds like it'll have too much stuff going on for the writers to focus on them again.

Tiifu is super adorable, though.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby ayperiumbra » September 7th, 2018, 1:07 pm

The zebra is entertaining but stupid. I wish they would kill him off.

The episode was okay. Leave it to Disney to make them not have mud when they got out of the mud hole though.
ayperiumbra

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby TTB-Kun » September 7th, 2018, 1:12 pm

aaaand back to hiatus with little to none plot development we go!
TTB-Kun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 11

Postby KionIsGay » September 7th, 2018, 1:30 pm

So heartwarming to see Kion and Bunga just being boyfriends.
KionIsGay

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Ninclow » September 7th, 2018, 3:35 pm

Good grief - not every episode needs a song crammed in! And the Golden Mole's singing voice sounded like Eric Cartman on a sugar rush.
Ninclow

Pride Points: 2

Postby Panpardus » September 8th, 2018, 12:42 am

This is actually the only song I liked from this week's episodes; it's not really in the style of music I was hoping for but you can tell it was a song they actually put some creative spark into. (Also, this is how you do an Alvin and the Chipmunks voice without making it aggressively annoying.)

While we're on music, there's some really nice stuff in the orchestral score, and I appreciate that they actually gave it a lot of breathing space instead of having it either be action beats or short music cues. Only makes me wish even more that they'd put out an album of the score. I especially really liked the mud pond bit; nice to see Kion and Kiara playing. (Fans of the latter probably appreciate seeing her lightening up somewhat.)

I appreciate that Tiifu and Zuri weren't written as aggressively vain and annoying (and Nala sort of checked them on it). I feel like Tiifu could actually be a good character if they'd use her more often and write her better, but as mentioned I doubt we'll see much more of her doing anything substantial.

That zebra though...
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby SimbasGuard » September 8th, 2018, 9:49 am

Very enjoyable episode, I liked all the points that everyone has commented on.

Other details I enjoined were, the mentioning that The Royal Family is working off-screen to help The Pridelanders. Just because we don't always see Simba And Nala does not mean that they arn't doing anything about the current situation.

Nala wanting to send Kion to Protect Kiara, Tiifu, and Zuri was also a chance to give Kion and Kiara a chance to spend some relaxing time together. As I doubt that she expected Kion to stand guard over them the whole time.

Fuli's "Better You than Me" comment to Kion regarding the girls day away was hilarious :lol:

The only downside is that Zuri did not get any character development. Oh well.

[quote="TTB-Kun"]aaaand back to hiatus with little to none plot development we go![/quote]

We may have only gotten 1 major plot development, but it was huge.

As for the Hiatus if it is as long as this previous one We will see The Lion Guard in February.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby zerodix » September 9th, 2018, 8:27 am

i really liked this episode! Tiifu is very sweet and shows more of her personality. Kiara is great in this one too! And the mole was adorable... i really don't like the zebra but for the rest this was a sweet episode with a loveable song in it. And good ol' grumpy Mohangus made me laugh "he annoyed me into this"
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby SimbasGuard » September 15th, 2018, 9:06 am

That is another thing that was great about. this episode. Bunga used his annoying ability to get Mohangus. to help them. it was a great use of something that Bunga (as a character) takes a lot of flack for.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion Guard