First screen from season 3... this is certainly interesting.

First screen from season 3... this is certainly interesting.

Postby Elton John » July 18th, 2019, 5:01 pm

http://i.imgur.com/9zBwqTB.jpg

as many have predicted, kion got an age up... he doesn’t look like a cub anymore. A teen perhaps?

ohh! i just noticed that scar... interesting...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: First screen from season 3... this is certainly interest

Postby Panpardus » July 18th, 2019, 5:56 pm

I just saw this on the FB fan page. Looks interesting; he's definitely not a cub anymore. (Realistically he looks only about a year old at this point.) He actually looks a tad malicious; either that or this is just his bad boy phase. The scar is interesting too; it actually looks like the ''live-action'' version of Scar's. I wonder how he gets it.

Some of the other characters look like they've been aged up a bit as well, mostly Beshte and Fuli; at least the latter's head size looks more properly proportioned now. I wonder what this means for the show as a whole; will they still talk like little kids?
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby DGFone » July 19th, 2019, 2:34 am

Since I don't watch The Lion Guard, I don't know if it's new to the series or not, but something silly that caught my eye:

Those trees in the background are conifers. I just took a quick look, and I can't find any evergreen that is native to Africa that looks like that. Silly Disney! Maybe the lion guard somehow ended up in Yellowstone? :P
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Panpardus » July 19th, 2019, 7:01 am

There's apparently at least one episode that features snow leopards and Japanese macaques, so it seems that the Guard might somehow end up traveling outside of Africa. Not sure at all how that's gonna work, but it could explain the strange foliage.

Also, another image for your viewing pleasure. Not sure if this is actually from "Battle for the Pride Lands" (the Season 3 opener) or later in the season, but here:
Spoiler: show
Panpardus

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 51

Postby KionIsGay » July 19th, 2019, 4:24 pm

Veeery unsure how to feel about this lol
KionIsGay

Pride Points: 0

Postby JackStover » July 19th, 2019, 11:54 pm

I do question why Anga is in both screenshots. I didn't think she was notable enough to become a main character. I wonder if she joins the team, or merely accompanies them on their journey. Or perhaps her being in both screenshots is just a coincidence.
JackStover

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 17

Postby KnyazKion » July 20th, 2019, 9:17 pm

[quote="JackStover"]I do question why Anga is in both screenshots. I didn't think she was notable enough to become a main character. I wonder if she joins the team, or merely accompanies them on their journey. Or perhaps her being in both screenshots is just a coincidence.[/quote]

She are most likely to accompany them.

Kion is still a child. At the beginning of the series he was 9-10 years old, while he is now 13-14 years old.
KnyazKion

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby SimbasGuard » July 27th, 2019, 11:35 pm

I was quite Impressed with Anga when she debuted. I'm glad to see her again. I doubt she will actually join The Lion Guard, but It makes since that if The Lion Guard will be going out of Africa as it were (and from everything we have seen thus far that will be the case). It would make sense for them to bolster their air power as they have no idea what kind of animals they will encounter on their journey.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to The Lion Guard