The Jungle Book (2016)

Re: The Jungle Book (2016)

Postby Tsuki » March 25th, 2016, 12:39 pm

I'm reserving judgement on this one. The Jungle Book is one of my favourite books so I was hoping that it follows the book more. But...the trailer has me intrigued :). Just hope its better than Cinderella.
[center]Image
Awards and Stuff: show
ImageImage
Shared with Rilliane
Sigs by Shadowfax, Nilla, Julie, Simba's Mate, Sophiecub, Tora, Flip and Buffy <333. Avatar by Kay <3
Tsuki

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 88

Postby Rollo » March 31st, 2016, 9:33 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 27th, 2020, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby SimbaPrescott » April 16th, 2016, 5:48 pm

I saw this with my mother yesterday, and I've got to say - it was really fantastic! The visuals were truly stunning, and the characters were great. The pacing was good throughout, and the fight scenes were amazing.

If anyone is still thinking about this, I would definitely recommend it.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Soren » April 18th, 2016, 7:22 pm

[quote="SimbaPrescott"]I saw this with my mother yesterday, and I've got to say - it was really fantastic! The visuals were truly stunning, and the characters were great. The pacing was good throughout, and the fight scenes were amazing.

If anyone is still thinking about this, I would definitely recommend it.[/quote]

I saw it yesterday in IMAX, and I recommend it as well. There were some things that were a little unrealistic, though, such as 10+ wolves getting beat up by Shere Khan. In reality, that many wolves would be a match for a tiger. It was still an amazing movie. The live action was incredible, and the voice cast was stunning. It's pretty amazing what they're able to do with computers/software/technology these days. I would give it a 8-8.5/10. And did you know it's already grossed almost $300 million USD worldwide? That means that it's way past its budget of $175 million USD.
Chasing Cars Sig by SimbasMate

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I may return.

Nickname(s): Hummingbird, Kiaraholic, Stranger, Dumbo, Balto
Pride Points: 31

Postby FlipMode » April 19th, 2016, 12:25 am

I honestly thought it was really good. It's one of the better movies of this year so far. This and Deadpool have been the only movies this year where I watched it and immediately was like "Yep definitely getting that on Blu Ray when it's out."
I haven't seen Zootropolis yet.. I haven't had the time :c

But yes go watch Jungle Book, it's really good!
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Squeely » April 23rd, 2016, 4:57 pm

This really was a great film. The action was tense, and it had a whole lot of heart. And I appreciated some of my favorite actors being in it. Seeing gigantopithechus brought to life like that was a treat for my nerdy side, to boot.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Soren » May 7th, 2016, 8:05 pm

Oh and by the way did anyone see any of the new merchandise for this movie? Some of it looks pretty awesome.

Check out this Shere Khan shirt: http://www.disneystore.com/shere-khan-a ... 1/1000228/

Or this Plush Bagheera, which, I do have to say, is one of the best plush black panthers I've seen: http://www.disneystore.com/bagheera-plu ... 0/1000267/

What do you think?
Chasing Cars Sig by SimbasMate

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

I may return.

Nickname(s): Hummingbird, Kiaraholic, Stranger, Dumbo, Balto
Pride Points: 31

Postby PrincessKiara » August 9th, 2016, 9:22 pm

I have never read the book and I don`t care much for the original Disney movie (sorry to those who love it) it`s just not one of the Disney movies I really like. (I thought the sequel was nice though).
Anyway, the live-action version of this was quite good and I actually really liked it. It brought some proper insight and depth to the story instead of just being a string of musical numbers. The scene with Shere Kahn and the wolf puppies was genuinly creepy, and I really liked seeing Bagheera, Shere Kahn and Baloo in CGI, the whole film looked stunning!
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Squeely » August 18th, 2016, 7:30 am

[quote="PrincessKiara"]I have never read the book and I don`t care much for the original Disney movie (sorry to those who love it) it`s just not one of the Disney movies I really like. (I thought the sequel was nice though).[/quote]
Can't blame you for disliking it. While aspects of it are great, the elephant army scenes and "That's What Friends are For" drag on and feel fillery, in my opinion. I prefer the 2016 version because it tightens up the story and adds a bit more action. Though the original is still a classic.
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby Elton John » August 30th, 2016, 1:58 pm

I was going to buy the movie on blu ray until I saw clips of bill murray and christopher walken singing. That was uh, certainly something.

Now I just feel like renting it and dreading those two scenes. I really hope they get people who can sing well for the beauty and the beast remake.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Previous

Return to The Den