The Jungle Book (2016)

The Jungle Book (2016)

Postby FlipMode » March 4th, 2016, 1:14 pm

Live action Jungle Book remake coming soon. Personally I think it looks really good, I'm not totally convinced about the actual look of the animals (CGI animals work when they are designed to look animated but CGI real animals is always a little odd to me). But other than that I'm happy with what we've seen so far. There's plenty of references to the original film but it seems to take itself just about seriously enough to also be its own thing. I'm looking forward to this one.
What do you guys think? And also are you happy with the casting choices? :)
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: The Jungle Book (2016)

Postby Elton John » March 4th, 2016, 2:16 pm

Casting choices are great but it seems to be lacking any of the charm and fun of the disney animated movie.

But you know, trailers can be decieving. I might watch it as a rental.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Rollo » March 4th, 2016, 3:11 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 27th, 2020, 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Titanics Captain » March 4th, 2016, 8:26 pm

I seen the trailer it looks good but I don't think I'll watch it.

Titanics Captain
Welcome Aboard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Oh [censored], an iceburg!

Nickname(s): Titanics Captain
Pride Points: 5

Postby Elton John » March 4th, 2016, 8:39 pm

Just saw a recent trailer with zootopia. Was much better than the other trailer I saw.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SimbaPrescott » March 4th, 2016, 11:24 pm

Looks nice, but I don't think I'll be watching it. I'm not really big on the live action remakes of anything, really.
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby Gemini » March 5th, 2016, 6:54 am

[quote="Elton John"]Just saw a recent trailer with zootopia. Was much better than the other trailer I saw.[/quote]

Same. This new trailer had me pretty pumped, to be honest. I liked the slight throwback to "The Bare Necessities" that they had in the music, and as lelizwe said, it was nice that they chose someone who looked the part for Mowgli instead of a very white-looking actor. I think that would've thrown me off a bit, had they done that.

It looks like it takes itself pretty seriously, but not so seriously that there won't be any fun in it. Fingers crossed, then, that it's better than some of the other live action remakes that they've had.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like them... it's just that they were always kinda 'meh' to me. I'm hoping that this one will break the mold a little.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby Elton John » March 5th, 2016, 7:16 am

When they originally cast mowgli for the movie it was refreshing for them to cast an unknown indian boy and not some white boy who could pass off as indian.

Now if only more hollywood movies could cast people that fit a characters race or ethnicity. I'm looking at you, gods of egypt and that ridley scott egyptian film!
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Rollo » March 5th, 2016, 12:12 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 27th, 2020, 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Postby Soren » March 24th, 2016, 10:29 pm

I've seen a few of the trailers, and to me, it seems like the voices sound excellent (I'm a big fan of British voices!). When I saw some of the landscapes, I thought 'Oh wow, some of these look like they are from The Lord of The Rings!'. I don't know, but I think I'm probably going to watch in IMAX. With Disney these days, it can be hit or miss.
Chasing Cars Sig by SimbasMate

ImageImageImageImage
Mood buttons by Carl
Soren
One day...

I may return.

Nickname(s): Hummingbird, Kiaraholic, Stranger, Dumbo, Balto
Pride Points: 31

Next

Return to The Den