Going to Euro Disney (Disneyland Paris) Anyone else been?

Going to Euro Disney (Disneyland Paris) Anyone else been?

Postby PrincessKiara » May 14th, 2016, 8:57 pm

For the first time in my life, I am FINALLY going to visit a Disney park, specifically the one in Paris, France - this summer. I am beyond excited, I can`t tell you all how much it means to me. As a little kid, whenever we`d rent Disney films on video (this was some time before DVDs...) I used to fast forward past the commercials of Disneyland/world because I knew I couldn`t go there and it made me sad and jealous... My family never had much money for vacations when my sisters and I were young, and even though I went to Paris with my parents at the age of 16, we couldn`t visit Euro Disney because we were travelling with an agency in a large group with a guide, and my parents refused to do anything that wasn`t part of the scheduled activities - which included taking off to the Disney park for a day.

OK, really did not mean for this to turn into a rant, sorry about that!

My point with this topic was really to ask, has anyone here been to the Disney park in PARIS, FRANCE? I`m asking because I`m curious what to expect. Is it equally massive as the ones in the States, what characters could I expect to meet there? I know I can do research, and I`ve looked it up a bit, but I`m also curious to hear peoples own experience of this park.
So, please share!
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Re: Going to Euro Disney (Disneyland Paris) Anyone else been

Postby FlipMode » May 15th, 2016, 1:43 am

It is smaller in size than WDW but the scale of everything is still perfect. The castle is arguably nicer as well at Paris :3
But yeah don't worry about it being smaller, trust me, it's not a bad thing. Being able to go from one end of the resort to the other by walking is so much easier than having to get coaches and stuff around at WDW so it's not a bad thing and let's you manage your time a lot more effectively.

So there's actually two parks at Dinseyland Paris, you have the Disneyland park and you also have Walt Disney Studios.
As for meeting characters, I think the best way is to do a character dine meal there. You'll need to book that in advance, though.
Characters you could meet are the ones you would imagine will be there. If you go during Halloween time there's a lot more villains to meet but otherwise it's just random but some of the characters are frequent like Donald and Mickey etc. The more rare ones to see but still likely to see are for example the cats from the Aristocats. Also the characters from Hunchback of Notre Damme. Anything that has French vibes or settings.

You'll also find Star Wars and Marvel characters like Spider-Man (who is IMO the best character to meet!)

Basically, you're going to really love it! Get into planning by using the app and website.
At the very least you'll want to watch the parades and Dreams, Disneyland Park's fireworks show.

The great thing about Dinsey is you can go to the parks and not go on any rides and still you'll have an amazing time getting lost in the magic.
The theming is SO good at Disney! Like when you actually go through the castle and come out into Fantasyland it is the weirdest feeling because literally EVERYTHING around you is Fantasy themed as far as the eye can see, even the buildings in the distance blend in with the land you are in, it's a little bit mind blowing just how much you feel like you're part of the stories.

Have fun! :3
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby PrincessKiara » May 15th, 2016, 4:00 pm

Thank you very much! :D Can`t wait to go, and I really hope to see/meet Belle there!
PrincessKiara

Postby zerodix » May 21st, 2016, 3:31 pm

i've been there in 2013 and what i loved the most was the entourage and the fireworks show that ends the evening. at that time they had a show called "disney dreams". i sat there with my steph daughter. both eyes wide open and mouth wide open "wooowee"
oh, there is a nice mall nearby, for all price classes, called "val d'Europe". if you have an extra day... it's a day out in shopping ^^
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » May 22nd, 2016, 7:25 pm

I've been a total of four times now, two of which I can't really remember.

But yeah, its smaller than Disney World but it has the some of the best vibes, absolutely love it there. All the different themed lands within the first park are amazing, adore the rides and while there I've seen Belle, Peter Pan and the ugly sisters from Cinderella just walking around aha. The parade is fantastic, I would definitely make sure you see it, and the fireworks <3
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby PrincessKiara » May 24th, 2016, 9:59 pm

Sounds amazing, can`t wait to go!
I would fangirl so bad if I got to meet, Belle, haha! :D
PrincessKiara

Postby KionIsGay » October 6th, 2016, 9:26 pm

We were supposed to go there during my school trip to France, but they decided to take us to Parc Asterix instead because it was more cultural or whatever. Never been so mad.
KionIsGay

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Postby Elton John » October 6th, 2016, 9:41 pm

^

That's uh, quite the username you have there...
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby KionIsGay » October 8th, 2016, 4:08 pm

Thank you, I take great pride in this name. 8-)
KionIsGay

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Return to The Den