Pete's Dragon (2016)

Pete's Dragon (2016)

Postby Rollo » June 15th, 2016, 6:36 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 26th, 2020, 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 29

Re: Pete's Dragon (2016)

Postby moonsugar33 » June 16th, 2016, 4:29 am

I thought Elliot's CGI was interesting, and I might watch the movie for that. On the whole though, the impression I got from the trailer... It was so... American! :worriedbeshte: I'm not sure that I could enjoy it.

However, I haven't seen the original yet, so I had nothing to compare it to (the closest thing I thought of was Eragon, and we all know what a disaster that was compared to its source material) - but it did make me want to watch the original, yes.
moonsugar33

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby Elton John » June 18th, 2016, 6:00 am

As someone who holds zero nostalgia for the original, that trailer looks... Fascinating? I can probably predict how the film will end but getting there will probably be enjoyable.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Carl » June 19th, 2016, 11:31 pm

I haven't seen the original, but I thought this looked interesting. Will try to see it.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Rollo » June 20th, 2016, 11:24 am

Last edited by Rollo on February 26th, 2020, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SlayerOfLight » June 20th, 2016, 3:30 pm

That dragon looks retarded and the plot is too cheesy, I can't believe some people are actually looking forward to see that. Oh well, each to their own I suppose.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Elton John » June 20th, 2016, 4:33 pm

[quote="MetalHeart"]That dragon looks retarded and the plot is too cheesy, I can't believe some people are actually looking forward to see that. Oh well, each to their own I suppose.[/quote]

When did I say I was looking forward to it? Just because I dont think it looks completely terrible doesn't mean I want to watch it.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SlayerOfLight » June 20th, 2016, 4:41 pm

[quote="Elton John"][quote="MetalHeart"]That dragon looks retarded and the plot is too cheesy, I can't believe some people are actually looking forward to see that. Oh well, each to their own I suppose.[/quote]

When did I say I was looking forward to it? Just because I dont think it looks completely terrible doesn't mean I want to watch it.[/quote]

FYI I wasn't refering particulary to you or anyone else on the topic. It was just my reaction after seeing the trailer and watching some of the YouTube comments.
SlayerOfLight

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Nick, SOL
Pride Points: 125

Postby Elton John » June 20th, 2016, 4:49 pm

Ah. That explains it.

The movie looks halfway decent but i'm very disinterested in disneys recent remaking of their own movies trend.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby Rollo » June 20th, 2016, 5:03 pm

Last edited by Rollo on February 26th, 2020, 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rollo

Next

Return to The Den